Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• I heard him say "two-passer" system during the stats roundup. That makes more sense.

He also clarified for me during the previous stats that they just show "Errors" to mean "Opponent Errors".

• What comes around goes around with the Ace Serves!

• The current USA team is noticeably weaker than the last OG cycle's one.
    Same thing for the Russian team it's worse than the one at the 2015 World Cup.

Dunno what happens to both team when most faces are the same.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• WHERE's KYK ?

The KOR team minus KYK is nothing... don't think a team like this can handle THA or any EUR Top 2nd-tier team. They're even bad at the basic things like the receptions.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• To be fair, their game against Japan and USA were very close.

And they did not play KYK either at those matches? I don't watch those matches but are aware that their scorelines there are respectable.

• KYK wasnt in the roster. She is in Japan as one of the staff tho.

i noticed Kim's instagram, in which she showed her fotos with others, but with a yellow entry card in front of her chest. which means she is the special staff of Korea or the distinguished guest from the organiser. such entry card looks quite silimiar to Lang Ping's, China General Coach.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Since everyone is wondering why Korea is fielding such an inexperienced team at the WWGC the answer is because many of their senior players are either tired or suffering from injuries after a long domestic season and kept on playing during the WGP and the Asian Championship. It didn't help when MB Bae Yoo-Na and OH Lee So-Young both suffered a knee injury and OH Kang So-Hwi had an operation to remove a tumour in her stomach so they were all ruled out just before WGP. This was why Korea only had 13 players on their roster during those competitions. KYK openly criticised the Korea Volleyball Association (KVA) just before heading out for the Asian Championship. KYK's criticism was only strengthened after Korea's MB Yang Hyo-Jin suffered a back injury during a match at the Asian Championship. Hence the KVA was forced to rest their senior players and select younger players for the WWGC. And it was lucky for them just to even have Lee Jae-Yeong back for this competition after she just recovered from her injury.

Regarding KYK, I'm not sure if she not playing because of minor injury or if she is simply just resting before playing in China. Personally, I think it is the latter reason.

• Every time Japan plays Brazil the match is so enjoyable.

The Japanese team has been showing love :heart: for the Brazilian team as well as the Chinese team... though for different reasons :lol:

• GO JAPAN GO.... show you can make it and not just a flux :-)

Will the Japanese team be the special cure, for BRA only? :lol:

• Since everyone is wondering why Korea is fielding such an inexperienced team at the WWGC the answer is because many of their senior players are either tired or suffering from injuries after a long domestic season and kept on playing during the WGP and the Asian Championship. It didn't help when MB Bae Yoo-Na and OH Lee So-Young both suffered a knee injury and OH Kang So-Hwi had an operation to remove a tumour in her stomach so they were all ruled out just before WGP. This was why Korea only had 13 players on their roster during those competitions. KYK openly criticised the Korea Volleyball Association (KVA) just before heading out for the Asian Championship. KYK's criticism was only strengthened after Korea's MB Yang Hyo-Jin suffered a back injury during a match at the Asian Championship. Hence the KVA was forced to rest their senior players and select younger players for the WWGC. And it was lucky for them just to even have Lee Jae-Yeong back for this competition after she just recovered from her injury.

Regarding KYK, I'm not sure if she not playing because of minor injury or if she is simply just resting before playing in China. Personally, I think it is the latter reason.

Thank you for telling! No wonder the KOR team performed so pathetic today, the team misses not only KYK!

Too bad this board has no Like or Thumb Up function to show member's approval or positive feedback... makes it rather unresponsive and relatively quiet.

• Thank you for telling! No wonder the KOR team performed so pathetic today, the team misses not only KYK!

Too bad this board has no Like or Thumb Up function to show member's approval or positive feedback... makes it rather unresponsive and relatively quiet.

And then i thought to myself KVA might have just wanted to save all the best they have for the upcoming WCH qualification which will be hold later this month in Thailand. But with Lee Jaeyejong's comeback, their chance to qualify still looks great though.

• CRYING for JPN team for wasting the FOUR Game points ;( ;( they just threw away the 2nd set

And again I did the mistake of thinking 'ok, now Japan will 2 set -0' at 24-20!
    Impressive come back from Brazil (with a little help of Japan, but Brazil but a lot of effort to make that happen imho, credit to them!)

Third set dominated by Japan, though.

• And then i thought to myself KVA might have just wanted to save all the best they have for the upcoming WCH qualification which will be hold later this month in Thailand. But with Lee Jaeyejong's comeback, their chance to qualify still looks great though.

ANY THREAD opened for that Asian Confederation Qualification for the 2018 WCh?