Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Maybe rdfabio should ask himself why Frolova and Tretyakova are getting aced like that. :rolll:

It really is a miracle Russia has been holding their reception despite Kosheleva not touching any first ball during the match. :rolll:

Honestly... I could not tell if Kosheleva improved in the reception from her disastrous first season in Turkey.... So I am not going to comment about that but I believe some plays deserved immediate intervention from the coaches especially when you're up against a good serving team like USA. There's just a point in time that either Goncharova or Kosheleva has to receive the ball and I didn't see any adjustments like that which could've save their match.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• or maybe RainsofSHAME should ask himself if USA got only 5 aces against China and Korea but got 11 aces against Russia, does that really makes USA a great serving team or it makes Russia (a.k.a Frolova) a terrible receiving team ??? :lol:

I`m the only one that thinks Rains and Shame are the same user??

• or maybe RainsofSHAME should ask himself if USA got only 5 aces against China and Korea but got 11 aces against Russia, does that really makes USA a great serving team or it makes Russia (a.k.a Frolova) a terrible receiving team ??? :lol:

I`m the only one that thinks Rains and Shame are the same user??

When was the last time Russia ever been a good receiving team? :whistle:

When was the last time USA wasn't even a good serving team?

China has like atleast 3 receivers(even their opposite receives) at all times. I supposed the same is true for Korea. :gone:

Oh and yes... you're the only user thinking like that, my dear. :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I just find your posts and Shame`s very similar. I don`t have a problem with it....but I just had to ask.

• 2015 WC Serbia deafted Algeria 25-7 / 25-11 / 25-3

and guess who were serving for China? ZHU.... poor girl she had to serve 15 times in a row.

but let's not forget that ALG sent a school team to the WCup then (they sent the senior team to the african games). not saying ALG is particularly good (in the last WGP, they were probably the worst team, right there with AUS), but these were teenagers they sent to the WC.

that's why it's such a shame KOR sent this team this time. they should have declined the invitation so they could have invited DOM, SRB or ITA instead. stupid. they (like ALG) have no shame when they do that.

• i just watched most of the USA x RUS match.

i don't understand all the hate on frolova. in the first 2 sets, what i saw was that she got several kills. yes, she's not tall (but she's about the height of fe garay) and not a big jumper, but she didn't make errors and she didn't get blocked.

the problem is that this RUS 2-woman passing system is killing them, specially clearly in the 5th set (but then after hill aced RUS twice, frolova went right back at them and got 2 aces in a row!).

the problem with RUS is again they play boring volleyball. it's all high balls for koshe and goncha and pray for the ball to drop. they have been doing this for decades and they have 0 olympic gold medals to show for it since 1980. against a good blocking team like USA, SRB and CHN, this is not gonna be enough.

i stand corrected about adams. she did a few back slides, although she doesn't kill them decisively (yet) like foluke.

great job by bartsch. not only is she a good OPP/OH, she can also pass and spell hill.

i don't know why karch wants courtney as libero. does the US not have enough good liberos??????

(i wonder, are glass, fawcett, robinson and murphy coming back????)

• Whenever Akinradewo does one of those back slides, the timing and the height of the ball seem odd, or off, yet she kills them. It's as if that's how she wants them. I'm always thinking "oops, bad set", and then BANG. She's tough. Probably my favorite USA player.

• i'm not sure what seems off about foluke's back slide. sure, sometimes the ball is not where she wants it to be, but mostly it seems to be right there when she smashes it. the reason she's hard to stop is because of the speed and the height at which she jumps. incredible timing and athleticism. she also covers a lot of ground in those 2-3 steps or so before take-off. she makes fabiana look slow and fabiana was one of the world's top MBs.

adams has improved so much from the time she couldn't hit the ball, but she is still better at hitting in front of the setter (what they call the fast A or B...)...

i think these two are still better attackers than gibby or dixon.

• I think what it is is that Akinradewo jumps early and she jumps high, so she swings either at her highest point or just as she starts to come down. Others seem to hit going up into the ball. I don't know what's going on. It just looks different to me. It works for her, though. That's what counts.

• Akinradewo has a lot of hang time. If you jump too early, she can just hang a little longer and spike over you. If you jump late, she just uses her speed to kill the ball. Its just pure athleticism, good timing, and hitting skills.

• Go to his twitter @claytonvolley and tell him :teach:

I ask him to have his mix engineer dial back the crowd noise a bit so we could hear him better and he did !

• I like the way Yuki Ishii came back from sitting the Asian Championship out and has sort of captained the team this tournament, especially this game against Brazil. She played well, and showed a little more life than she usually does.

• good job, sitenoise.

i'm not on twitter, believe it or not...

just finished the first 2 sets. it's incredible how JPN plays defense ... nothing drops! no ball shall drop, it's their commandment. not just that, their block is amazing. they might not get block kills, but it absorbs the force of the spike or slow it down, so that they can mount a counter-attack. and they hit so smart... ishii with some amazing shots. and even uchiseto, who's so short, is swinging at will against BRA. okumura, again, so short! JPN and THA with the world's shortest MBs, but even so, okumura getting blocks and kills. araki a monster at the net -- didn't she win best blocker award in beijing?

when did ferhat become such a good coach? i mean, he did shit with TUR.

exciting 2nd set.

• Those young guys with the tablets have been around for a while, a few years anyway. I think they're more important than Furhat. They are the data people. The Japanese girls are a bunch of scientists who get their data from the tablet carrying people. Furhat just likes to talk. Nakada prepares the girls for the game, then turns it over to them. No use blabbing at them during the game, they know what they're doing. That's my take, anyway.

• Big girls Zhu Ting and Zhang Changning seem like they are swinging extra hard against Russia tonight.

• WHY RUS don't play Kosheleva and Goncharova in tandem but one subs the other?? I guess it's to improve team's reception :D
    Bad if you have two big guns but cannot deploy both at the same time for other consideration.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”