Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• NIPPON NIPPON.... Set 3: JPN - USA 28 - 26... JPN leads 2-1... will the Nippon squad turn the impossibility into reality, beating the USA team in some big tournament like this one? Let's see!

//EDIT: When was the last time the JPN team beat the USA in any significant tournament? I just cannot remember that.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Congratulations to China!
    Chinese women's NT got the winner of WGCC 2017 because Set 5 of the match of USA against Japan appeared.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Nippon team is crying for the close defeat in the five sets. Upset was just aborted!

Congratulations to China!
    Chinese women's NT got the winner of WGCC 2017 because Set 5 of the match of USA against Japan appeared.

Think you're right for even though CHN gets no point in tomorrow's match the the Head-to-Head outcome vs USA will place it above the USA team when the two teams share the same wins & points.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• NIPPON NIPPON.... Set 3: JPN - USA 28 - 26... JPN leads 2-1... will the Nippon squad turn the impossibility into reality, beating the USA team in some big tournament like this one? Let's see!

//EDIT: When was the last time the JPN team beat the USA in any significant tournament? I just cannot remember that.

2010 WCH Japan 3:2 beat USA won the Bronze medal.

• World Cup, Olympics, Grand Champions Cup. World Championship is the only left one for China. Not mentioning WGP since it's an annual tournament.

I expect Zhu to be MVP tomorrow, also she won gold at the WCCH and MVP. Champions League Gold and MVP. Youth WCH and MVP> Yeah China just needs to win the GP and WCH next year and Zhu will probably win MVP as well.

Then we can already call her the greatest women in volleyball history.

• Then we can already call her the greatest women in volleyball history.

No, we can't. This is not Tennis, this is a team game. Zhu hasn't won those titles on her own, though undoubtedly she played a big role in all of them. But there's still a long way to go before she is "the greatest woman in volleyball history" :roll:

• Love Zhu Ting but I don't know if tomorrow she will be surclassed by Zhang or Yuan.. I mean it is the last match and decisive for the individual awards so if they get to play better than Zhu they may get the MVP award. Though I hope Zhu will get it :super: YUan and Zhang still are on track for other individual awards..they are very close to the top 3... #goodluckgirls :whistle:

• Haters can stay pressed but Zhu is already a legend. Nuff said!

I was going to write on my original post this " I know European fans won`t agree with this", But I did not write it down because I did not want to start any drama.

But yeahh....u know if Zhu was European they would all be calling her the greatest already.

I guess it does not count because she needs to win the ECH to be considered right?? as they call all these tournaments worthless

• I was going to write on my original post this " I know European fans won`t agree with this", But I did not write it down because I did not want to start any drama.

But yeahh....u know if Zhu was European they would all be calling her the greatest already.

I guess it does not count because she needs to win the ECH to be considered right?? as they call all these tournaments worthless

LOL good point!

• I detected no lie here :lol:

• I was going to write on my original post this " I know European fans won`t agree with this", But I did not write it down because I did not want to start any drama.

This is the most stupid post I read from you and that is already saying much from your post history. :gone:

You know what? Just because people disagree with you all the time... doesn't mean you have to stoop this low on bending reality to make us change our minds about ECH and the non-importance of this tournament which basically gets you nothing especially from European teams who consider this tournament as not their priority. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't understand this european non european conversation....She is the best player of the world right now and she has the highest contract
    Zhu is only 23 she is already a legend and if she will be healthy she will win more tournaments and individual awards!

p.s Love Frolova s hair...
    p.s2 Inoue still digging...

You didn't want to start any drama, but then you did anyway? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Didn't you used to say that European all say Americans are the best? And now apparently we only think Europeans are the best, maybe it is just that we hate Asians, right?

I like you as a poster, but making a few less generalisations about people from countries/continents would be nice. Just because the ECH is considered much more valuable than the WGCC doesn't mean we can't see how great Zhu is. After all, OG and WCH are obviously more important than ECH.

I'm not going to proclaim her the greatest player of all time because I think comparing across eras is pointless, especially in team sports. She is definitely one of the best of her generation. Winning individual awards also doesn't really matter to me because these awards are not always accurate reflections of how a player has actually played, e.g. the 2015 WC dream team had Marte and Lescay so that says it all.