You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 2:02pm

Give the USA Team a real coach. Karch from bad to worse.
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 2:03pm

NIPPON NIPPON.... Set 3: JPN - USA 28 - 26... JPN leads 2-1... will the Nippon squad turn the impossibility into reality, beating the USA team in some big tournament like this one? Let's see!

//EDIT: When was the last time the JPN team beat the USA in any significant tournament? I just cannot remember that.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 2:04pm

Larson is just helping Japan win. Lol

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 2:38pm

Congratulations to China!
Chinese women's NT got the winner of WGCC 2017 because Set 5 of the match of USA against Japan appeared.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 2:58pm

Nippon team is crying for the close defeat in the five sets. Upset was just aborted!

Congratulations to China!
Chinese women's NT got the winner of WGCC 2017 because Set 5 of the match of USA against Japan appeared.

Think you're right for even though CHN gets no point in tomorrow's match the the Head-to-Head outcome vs USA will place it above the USA team when the two teams share the same wins & points.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

nnnneil0929

Professional

• "nnnneil0929" is male

Favourite Team: Women's: Korea, Japan, Thailand, China, USA Men's: USA, Canada, & Korea

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon Koung, Risa Shinnabe, Saori Kimura, Nootsara Tomkom, Yang Hyojin, Nataliya Goncharova, Lonneke Sloetjes, Carli Lloyd, Jovana Stevanovic, Matt Anderson, Moon Sungmin, Gavin Schmitt, Taylor Sander, Tyler/TJ Sanders, Gord Perrin, Max Holt

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:27pm

World Cup, Olympics, Grand Champions Cup. World Championship is the only left one for China. Not mentioning WGP since it's an annual tournament.
FIGHTING! :super:

fife

Beginner

• "fife" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT, Japanese NT

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:29pm

NIPPON NIPPON.... Set 3: JPN - USA 28 - 26... JPN leads 2-1... will the Nippon squad turn the impossibility into reality, beating the USA team in some big tournament like this one? Let's see!

//EDIT: When was the last time the JPN team beat the USA in any significant tournament? I just cannot remember that.
2010 WCH Japan 3:2 beat USA won the Bronze medal.

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:39pm

2011 WC, they beat them 3:0/1 and crushed their gold medal dreams

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:43pm

After two sets we have:

Uchiseto 7/25
Ishii 4/23

Larson 6/23
Hill 5/21

But what REALLY counts: they all have decent hairstyles :whistle:

:rolll: :rolll: Thanks for making my day xD

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:54pm

World Cup, Olympics, Grand Champions Cup. World Championship is the only left one for China. Not mentioning WGP since it's an annual tournament.

I expect Zhu to be MVP tomorrow, also she won gold at the WCCH and MVP. Champions League Gold and MVP. Youth WCH and MVP> Yeah China just needs to win the GP and WCH next year and Zhu will probably win MVP as well.

Then we can already call her the greatest women in volleyball history.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 3:58pm

Then we can already call her the greatest women in volleyball history.
No, we can't. This is not Tennis, this is a team game. Zhu hasn't won those titles on her own, though undoubtedly she played a big role in all of them. But there's still a long way to go before she is "the greatest woman in volleyball history" :roll:

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:06pm

Haters can stay pressed but Zhu is already a legend. Nuff said!

• "AndyVolleyballFan" is male

About me: Hello there!

I'm a newby here ! Eventually I found a furum where to share volleyball thoughts and opinions! =)

Favourite Team: China

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting Yuan; XinYue; Zhang Changning; Natalia Goncharova; Tajana Boskovic; Paola Egonu

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:10pm

Love Zhu Ting but I don't know if tomorrow she will be surclassed by Zhang or Yuan.. I mean it is the last match and decisive for the individual awards so if they get to play better than Zhu they may get the MVP award. Though I hope Zhu will get it :super: YUan and Zhang still are on track for other individual awards..they are very close to the top 3... #goodluckgirls :whistle:

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:16pm

I was going to write on my original post this " I know European fans won`t agree with this", But I did not write it down because I did not want to start any drama.

But yeahh....u know if Zhu was European they would all be calling her the greatest already.

I guess it does not count because she needs to win the ECH to be considered right?? as they call all these tournaments worthless

Favourite Team: Vakifbank

Favourite Players: Kimberly Hill, Olesia Rykhliuk, Hui Ruoqi, Foluke Akinradewo

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:30pm

I was going to write on my original post this " I know European fans won`t agree with this", But I did not write it down because I did not want to start any drama.

But yeahh....u know if Zhu was European they would all be calling her the greatest already.

I guess it does not count because she needs to win the ECH to be considered right?? as they call all these tournaments worthless
LOL good point!

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:31pm

Quoted from "ryleybarnes"

I detected no lie here :lol:

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:34pm

This is the most stupid post I read from you and that is already saying much from your post history. :gone:

You know what? Just because people disagree with you all the time... doesn't mean you have to stoop this low on bending reality to make us change our minds about ECH and the non-importance of this tournament which basically gets you nothing especially from European teams who consider this tournament as not their priority. :whistle:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Gomez4

Intermediate

• "Gomez4" is male

Favourite Team: PAOK

Favourite Players: Ernardo Gomez,Rolando Cepeda,Alexander Shafranovich,Zhu Ting

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:37pm

I don't understand this european non european conversation....She is the best player of the world right now and she has the highest contract
Zhu is only 23 she is already a legend and if she will be healthy she will win more tournaments and individual awards!

p.s Love Frolova s hair...
p.s2 Inoue still digging...
"Zhu Ting arrives" :super:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gomez4" (Sep 9th 2017, 4:57pm)

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 4:52pm

2011 WC, they beat them 3:0/1 and crushed their gold medal dreams

NO wonder I cannot recall it. Not yet watched volleyball by then :lol: was still occupied with life!

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 5:26pm

You didn't want to start any drama, but then you did anyway? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Didn't you used to say that European all say Americans are the best? And now apparently we only think Europeans are the best, maybe it is just that we hate Asians, right?

I like you as a poster, but making a few less generalisations about people from countries/continents would be nice. Just because the ECH is considered much more valuable than the WGCC doesn't mean we can't see how great Zhu is. After all, OG and WCH are obviously more important than ECH.

I'm not going to proclaim her the greatest player of all time because I think comparing across eras is pointless, especially in team sports. She is definitely one of the best of her generation. Winning individual awards also doesn't really matter to me because these awards are not always accurate reflections of how a player has actually played, e.g. the 2015 WC dream team had Marte and Lescay so that says it all.

Social bookmarks