Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Russia final 15 players

S: Kosianenko (Pankova), Filishtinskaya (Uraleva)
    OP: Goncharova, Voronkova
    OH: Kosheleva, Shcherban, Parubets (Ilchenko), Frolova, Sperskaite
    MB: Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Fetisova, Evdokimova, Efimova
    L: Kryuchkova, Tretyakova

very strong one.
    may all travelling but the last player to k/o could be sperskaite....

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Brasil team has arrived immediately in Japan after USA Cup to adapt the time, climate and food...
    observing the friendly between USA and Brasil, we could guess the 14 players could be as follows if Ze Roberto didnt make any adjustments

S: Roberta, Naine
    OP: Tandara, Monique
    OH: Natalia, Gabi Guimareas, Rasamaria, Amanda
    MB: Bia, Carol, Mara, Saraelen
    L: Gabi Souza, Suelen

Drussyla of course will prepare for U23, while Macris, Adenizia did not participate in the friendly tournament against US.

to be me...

• Yeah you are right and this will be Brazil`s roster. Adenizia is not there because she asked for a break as she wants to spend some time with her family, while Macris was simply cut once Roberta is the starting setter is better just to give Naine some experience.

I think the US roster will be same from the friendly against Brazil.

I heard Kim won`t play, which means Korea will finish in last place, another reason why they should have given the Wild Card for Serbia.

• Do we have official final roster for China and Korea?

Korea 14 are all young players, so they will be definately the last place...

S: Lee Jaeeun, Lee Goeun
    OP: Hwang Minkyoung, Ha Hyejin
    OH: Lee Jaeyeong, Yoo Seoyeun, Choi Subin, Jeon Saeyan
    MB: Kim Suji, Kim Yuri, HAN Sooji, Jeong Siyoung
    L: Na Hyunjung, Kim Yeongyeon

Lee Jaeyeong has been away from NT for some while due to injury, now she came back.
    and some other players took part in the WGP G2 and AVC championships, however, generally very lacking of experience.

to be me...

• China Final 14 players:

http://sports.ifeng.com/a/20170831/51823849_0.shtml

S: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu, Yao Di
    OP: Gong Xiangyu, Zeng Chunlei
    OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Liu Xiaotong
    MB: Yan Ni, Yuan Xinyue, Zheng Yixin, Wang Chenyue
    L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

8 Rio-Olympic gold winners will work together again to fight for the champion trophy...

to be me...

• Zeng is the best available OP since Yang Fangxu is still recovering from injuries. Wei is done. Xu Yunli is out. Hui is resting with her heart condition. If everyone were healthy, China would have sent the same team from Rio to the Grand Champions Cup.

• do you have cable? do you get the Olympic Channel? If so, they will broadcast live every single game of this tournament.

That's interesting. I'm traveling around for the next few weeks so it depends on where I hang my hat if I'll have that option or not. Good to know, tho. I will record them on the home machine for a backup.

Too bad all Japan games are on at 3:15 AM our time. :cursing: :evil:

• This is not good. Respect other teams and send your strong team, although their strong team is not enough, this team will just be a nightmare to watch. Why did you accept the wild card if you would send your young team?

• This is not good. Respect other teams and send your strong team, although their strong team is not enough, this team will just be a nightmare to watch. Why did you accept the wild card if you would send your young team?

Don't know why this is a big issue for some people. It's nothing new. Players are not robots who can be up to the task and be good all the time.

The Asian Qualifiers for the world championship is more important than this competition and it is already coming up after this tournament.

If there's anyone to blame...It should be FIVB who allowed South Korea to partake in this competition without a single thought about how it will affect the qualification for the World Championship in Asia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

lol...take it easy man... :drink:
    its not an important tournament, which will not even award a single WR point.
    but it is still big fun to watch such an annual big party close after the olympics, to test which team is conducted in a sustainable way.
    we are delighted to see veterans coming back and youngsters growing fast...

to be me...

• Watching on youtube is region locked so you will need some kind of vpn again. The reason Korea keeps getting wildcard is they are easier for Japan to beat so not a big deal if KYK skips the tournament.

• According to KYK's instagram, she's coming to Japan.
    as a commentator or a player ?(

Two weeks ago, Korean federation announced she will skip this tournament.