Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• I think China will play the whole game with the starting 6.

I think once China has deprived Japan of a medal they'll bring on the bench. This is CHN v JPN in Japan :box: not like going home early at the WGP. Who knows, maybe this tournament has meaning for them. CHN could even start with some bench but if they aren't winning, they'll change. My guess, anyway.

• I hope Korea wins at least a set against Russia, and I wish I could drink some beers with Kosheleva. :drink:

• Forgive this dumb question--it's what I'm good at-- Do all the teams shout the name of their country to end the circle of hands huddle at the end of timeouts? I heard USA do that but can't hear well enough to know if Japan shouts "Nippon" or China "Zhōngguó" or whatever. Heck, I don't even know what some of these countries call themselves :aww:

• I think once China has deprived Japan of a medal they'll bring on the bench. This is CHN v JPN in Japan :box: not like going home early at the WGP. Who knows, maybe this tournament has meaning for them. CHN could even start with some bench but if they aren't winning, they'll change. My guess, anyway.

Don't bother guessing, CHN will use the starting 6 as usual for all the other cases in the world level tournaments.
    To respect the opponent and themselves.

• Forgive this dumb question--it's what I'm good at-- Do all the teams shout the name of their country to end the circle of hands huddle at the end of timeouts? I heard USA do that but can't hear well enough to know if Japan shouts "Nippon" or China "Zhōngguó" or whatever. Heck, I don't even know what some of these countries call themselves :aww:

obviously not

China shouts One, Two, Jiayou (Add Oil).

• Russia started their dynamic duo against Korea, but not against China.

• Russia started their dynamic duo against Korea, but not against China.

Notice that too. Rather strange, but perhaps like the old time big guns, the RUS must refrain from their over-use to not wear them out [remember, preservation for the upcoming ECH]. Against the bottom of the pool, unlike against CHN, the big guns do fire effectively.

Must give credits to the KOR too, the same scratch team gives more respectable fight here, set by set.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Clayton Lucas likes to call out players for admiring their last shot, which often prevents them from being ready for the next one.

This tournament has been a gas for me. More games with reasonably intelligent commentary in a language I understand than the rest of my entire volleyball watching history. :thumbsup:

• Well Korea got blanked. Will get another wildcard in 4 years.

• The KOR team is leaving with the "perfect record" to bottom the pool... 0-15 on set count.

A very high quality of learning experiences among the big guys, indeed a precious opportunity that is not easy to get for the KOR team, quite different from the team's last campaign in the WGP Tier-Two.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Russia has 4 Irinas and 4 Ekaterinas.

• Anyone dare to predict who's going to win between USA and BRA?

Brazil

• Brazil. USA's starters aren't themselves so far. I think the bench is playing better.