Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• does anyone know if kelly murphy is still going out with christian taylor?

hope this is not impolite to say, but horikawa is the most caucasian-looking of all the jPN players...

Her father is Canadian

• For all Frolova`s lovers. Attack 23/66. Russia won`t be winning anything with her on the floor.

Who are Frolova lovers? I hope you don't consider the users talking positive about her performance from Russian league as Frlova lovers, because that's completely a thickheaded and narrow minded way of thinking.
    She's not a miracle attacker indeed but still better than Scherban and Parubets in terms of reception.

• Can anyone enlighten me why Foluke didn't play against Japan..was she injured or was it just a tactical move by the coach? I would have thought that she would be a great advantage against the Japanese shorter blockers..

• I just looked at the FIVB Best lists, Japanese players are topping the bottom of the list:

Best Setter: Tominaga
    Best Server: Tominaga
    Best Digger: Inoue
    Best Receiver: Uchiseto (1) Shinnabe (2)

That's some consolation for all the work I put into this. :D

• Uchiseto 7/25
    Ishii 4/23

Larson 6/23
    Hill 5/21

But what REALLY counts: they all have decent hairstyles :whistle:

:rolll:

But those two Japanese players look like they're wearing helmets.

• Hill's serving is always hit or miss. It's like playing lottery with her.

• The host loves so much the Chinese team, at least at two great occasions to my knowledge (the other was the 2015 World Cup), the host put the match of CHN v JPN as the closing match... nothing is coincidental here, it shows the much love of the Japanese over the Chinese team :lol:

Now the teaser question, will the Chinese team be generous and do a big favour to help its fellow neighbour to win the bronze medal? JPN just needs 2 points for that, and nothing to lose for the CHN team aside from stats/records only. Field all the bench players for a good real-situation drill, just gives a tight 5-set match to entertain the audience but hand over the match to the host in a bronze-plate. Also a matter to preserve the core players for the upcoming Asian Qualifer for the 2018 WCh in KAZ!

What's your take? :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Brazil ends with the Silver...besides loosing for Japan, they are looking "scary" good, and next year when Fe Garay, Thaisa, Adenizia, maybe Leia or Jucyeli and either Dani Lins or Fabiola to be Roberta`s back up, I see them as the main contender to dethrone China`s regime in the World Championship.

And finally Russia ends with a convincing victory over Korea`s C team..... I`m glad they have the ECH to redeem themselves and show what a power house they are ( as if beating Germany,Turkey,Bulgaria,Ukraine,Georgia,Belgium,C Republic,Croatia,Poland,Arjebaijan,Hungary,Belarus is that hard :lol: )

ECH has 16 teams, the 12 mentioned above are really weak, this leaves only 4 good teams, Serbia,NED,Italy and Russia.

Asia Championship has 4 good teams - China, Japan, Korea and Thailand.

Norceca - USA, DOM, Puerto Rico and Canada.

South America - Brazil and Argentina.

• The host loves so much the Chinese team, at least at two great occasions to my knowledge (the other was the 2015 World Cup), the host put the match of CHN v JPN as the closing match... nothing is coincidental here, it shows the much love of the Japanese over the Chinese team :lol:

Now the teaser question, will the Chinese team be generous and do a big favour to help its fellow neighbour to win the bronze medal? JPN just needs 2 points for that, and nothing to lose for the CHN team aside from stats/records only. Field all the bench players for a good real-situation drill, just gives a tight 5-set match to entertain the audience but hand over the match to the host in a bronze-plate. Also a matter to preserve the core players for the upcoming Asian Qualifer for the 2018 WCh in KAZ!

What's your take? :D

I think China will play with their starting 6 and they will want to win in 3-0. I don`t see them wanting to do Japan any favors.

• You're so verse in mapping out the world of the women's volleyball -- they're so true!
    But I still deem the 2nd-tier of ECH are somehow stronger than their peers in other confederations.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• This tournament has been a flop for the USA.. I just hope it's because some of their starters haven't spent too much time playing with eachother.. Also Carlini is new to this team, and their setting style..

Carlini has not played any major tournaments with the Olympians, but Carlini has been in the USA program since her freshman year in college, she`s been with them over 4 years and she knows this system really well, and she played 2 Pan American Cups already. And she spent this whole summer in the gym with the Olympians while the rest of the group were playing the GP>

It just takes a little time to get everything together. Just like Serbia playing without Maja.

Carlini is at least much better than Lloyd and Hancock.

• Carlini has not played any major tournaments with the Olympians, but Carlini has been in the USA program since her freshman year in college, she`s been with them over 4 years and she knows this system really well, and she played 2 Pan American Cups already. And she spent this whole summer in the gym with the Olympians while the rest of the group were playing the GP>

It just takes a little time to get everything together. Just like Serbia playing without Maja.

Carlini is at least much better than Lloyd and Hancock.

Well Carli has been playing for the USA for many years now, but it was only in 2016 when she managed to figure out how to set those crazy fast sets.. I know Carlini has been involved for the NT, it's her first major tournament with this A team, and it takes time to find a connection with the players

• It's too early, but my prediction about individual awards so far :D

MVP:Zhu Ting

S: Roberta
    OP: Goncharova
    OH: Zhu & Larson
    MB: Bia & Yuan
    L: Inoue

2 CHN, 2 BRA, 1 USA, 1 RUS and 1 JPN :flower:

• At a fan's view,I dont put any tournament a priority. If there were many (25:4),Even it's Olympics,it's boring.

• You call Puerto Rico, Canada and Argentina as good teams but Turkey, Belgium, Bulgaria weak ones :wall: Summary of your volleyball knowledge and ignorance :aww: