Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Best OHs: Zhu Ting (China), Jordan Larson (USA)
    Best MBs: Ana Carolina Da Silva “Carol” (Brazil), Yuan Xinyue (China)
    Best libero: Kotoe Inoue (Japan)
    Best setter: Koyomi Tominaga (Japan)
    Best OPP: Tandara Caixeta (Brazil)
    MVP: Zhu Ting (China)

• You were close and I thought you were right (except for counting only 2 awards for China while I counted 3), but I guess we forgot to consider that Japan is the host :P
    I still think the awards are deserved, but usually they're kinda calibrated on the final ranking, while this time not so much (or better, the principle was applied, but only to the first two teams).

• Best OHs: Zhu Ting (China), Jordan Larson (USA)
    Best MBs: Ana Carolina Da Silva “Carol” (Brazil), Yuan Xinyue (China)
    Best libero: Kotoe Inoue (Japan)
    Best setter: Koyomi Tominaga (Japan)
    Best OPP: Tandara Caixeta (Brazil)
    MVP: Zhu Ting (China)

I guess spreading the awards is important, but the best blockers in this whole competition were the Brazilian duo. Yuan is up there, but wasnt better... However its not like she's not deserving of a middle blocker award so its ok in the end.

Overall though a good competition with a high level of volleyball - next year looks like its going to be very competitive. The gap between teams is getting closer and when each team brings their A games to next year it should be interesting...

• Congrats China!

ZCN instead JL
    Roberta must had won the award in WGP

• You were close and I thought you were right (except for counting only 2 awards for China while I counted 3), but I guess we forgot to consider that Japan is the host :P
    I still think the awards are deserved, but usually they're kinda calibrated on the final ranking, while this time not so much (or better, the principle was applied, but only to the first two teams).

Yes, Ryu Takamiya made a sound calculated prediction, just didn't sufficiently take into account the host factor, yet still a good prediction at the end.

Congratulations to All Medal Winners incl. those Winners of the Individual Awards as well as the Host, Japan, for the successful hosting of this tournament!

FIVB World Grand Championships Cup 2017 - Japan 2017-09-10

http://grandchampionscup.2017.women.fivb.com/

Party is over, light will soon be switched off... see you all until the next festive! :drink:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• serdar are you still taking this rdbfabio guy seriously? He is calling team Azerbaijan 'so weak' while Netherlands is good. Does he realise Azerbaijan knocked Netherlands 3-0 at last Wch q with a 25-12 final set lol. Its obvious that he doesn't even follow a single team except his own. Not to mention: he couldn't even spell Azerbaijan. Does he realize what kind of huge world class players play in teams like, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Turkey and so on... These teams can beat 90% or more of all other continents teams easily. Imo Brazil is way too overrated by some for the next Olympics this early on just because they won WGP and get a medal here in this insignificant tournament. Turkey is so weak but a close to C team almost beat Brazil at WGP :whistle:

• Congrats China!

ZCN instead JL
    Roberta must had won the award in WGP

If the given game is first, it should be CNZ (Chang-ning Zhang) and JL (Jing Li).
    If the surname is first, it should be ZCN (Zhang Chang-ning) and LJ (Li Jing).
    :thumbsup:
    Zhang Chang-ning's elder brother is Zhang Chen instead of "Chen Zhang" if the surname is first.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• serdar are you still taking this rdbfabio guy seriously? He is calling team Azerbaijan 'so weak' while Netherlands is good. Does he realise Azerbaijan knocked Netherlands 3-0 at last Wch q with a 25-12 final set lol. Its obvious that he doesn't even follow a single team except his own. Not to mention: he couldn't even spell Azerbaijan. Does he realize what kind of huge world class players play in teams like, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Turkey and so on... These teams can beat 90% or more of all other continents teams easily. Imo Brazil is way too overrated by some for the next Olympics this early on just because they won WGP and get a medal here in this insignificant tournament. Turkey is so weak but a close to C team almost beat Brazil at WGP :whistle:

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll:
    Let me tell you, there's an expression in Sweden saying someone who has his/her own world and does not even give a crap about what others keep saying should be left alone, because it's equally meaningless as talking to your living room wall.

• :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:
    Let me tell you, there's an expression in Sweden saying someone who has his/her own world and does not even give a crap about what others keep saying should be left alone, because it's equally meaningless as talking to your living room wall.

:obey: preach Sweden

PS: It's not only Arjebaijan, I just realized he wrote C Republic just to avoid actually spelling it (Czech) :rolll:

Which is exactly what we are talking about. :lol:

Ops, the european lobby strikes once more. :rolll:

• If the given game is first, it should be CNZ (Chang-ning Zhang) and JL (Jing Li).
    Zhang Chang-ning's elder brother is Zhang Chen instead of "Chen Zhang" if the surname is first.

Ha ha ha ... Tomen you had mistaken it :lol: JL is for Jordan Larson (USA)

Gomez4 is right about ZCN! But then the Chinese team would have grabbed too many the individual awards and the USA team got none. Thus it's understandable to distribute more evenly.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• If the given game is first, it should be CNZ (Chang-ning Zhang) and JL (Jing Li).

I mean Zhang Chang-ning instead of Jordan Larson

Thanks for the information :thumbup:

• I think JL refer to Jordon Laeson

If the given game is first, it should be CNZ (Chang-ning Zhang) and JL (Jing Li).

Hahah I always loved Swedish expressions :lol: :lol: :lol:

NED 4th in the OG and Bronze in the GP, so yeah I call this a good team... Now Arzebaijian?? I`m glad they even have a team, Ive never seen them playing only tournament they get to play is the ECH, only world class player is Rahimova....

DO you realize this was basically Brazil`s B team as well? Only Natalia and Adenizia are left form the last OG cycle when they almost lost to Turkey. ROberta is just playing her first tournament as starting setter. And a couple of players playing for the Senior team for the first time, including, Romaria,Drussyla,Naine and so son..

( and Adenizia did not even play this tournament)

But of course you will call winning the GP not a big deal right?? When was the last time Turkey won the GP?? :dance6: or any FIVB tournament?? :cup:

Thaiza,Jaque,Jucyeli,Leia,Fe Garay,Dani Lins, Fabiola have not announced their retirement, which means they still own their spot in the team until they make any official news of either they will come back or not.

A lot of users here are so rude, Personal disrespect is so not necessary besides being so childish. Just because I have a different opinion than yours you don`t need to get personal with me and this goes for a couple of other users as well.

• A lot of users here are so rude, Personal disrespect is so not necessary besides being so childish. Just because I have a different opinion than yours you don`t need to get personal with me and this goes for a couple of other users as well.

Since we just had a Swedish saying, I'll add a German one fitting here, though it's difficult to translate:

"It echoes out of the forest the same way you shout into it"

• Does someone have the link to FIVB stream of China v Japan? It's not gettable from the FIVB page because they don't list the last day schedule. And strangely, FIVB's Youtube site has nothing--maybe because I'm geo-blocked?

thanks

• Does someone have the link to FIVB stream of China v Japan? It's not gettable from the FIVB page because they don't list the last day schedule. And strangely, FIVB's Youtube site has nothing--maybe because I'm geo-blocked?

thanks

t sport has it too on youtube.