Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Now Arzebaijian?? I`m glad they even have a team, Ive never seen them playing only tournament they get to play is the ECH

Do you not watch the WCH? In '06 they beat DOM and USA and in '14 they beat JPN and PUR. Also in WCH qualifying in '14 they beat Serbia and beat Netherlands just this year.

Just because I have a different opinion than yours you don`t need to get personal with me

I agree with this, but I don't really think you hold some of these opinions. You honestly think Canada are better than Turkey?

• Thank you!

• He has flunked in his pronunciation of "Araki" though. And "Ishii" and "Yurie" too. Still very forgivable.

Clayton Lucas likes to call out players for admiring their last shot, which often prevents them from being ready for the next one.

This tournament has been a gas for me. More games with reasonably intelligent commentary in a language I understand than the rest of my entire volleyball watching history. :thumbsup:

• Thaiza,Jaque,Jucyeli,Leia,Fe Garay,Dani Lins, Fabiola have not announced their retirement, which means they still own their spot in the team until they make any official news of either they will come back or not.

That's not entirely true, there is also the coach that can chose who has to be called despite they're availableness.
    For example, Guiggi has never announced her retirement (unless I missed it), but she doesn't belong to the NT anyway, and 99% she won't belong to the NT anymore. And actually I'm not sure even Leo did. Neither Cardullo. And so on.

Honestly, I didn't consider this Brazil as a 'B team'; at the beginning of a new OG cycle, it's quite normal to renew the team, and that doesn't make it necessarily a B team. Just a new shaped one.
    Ok, it's possible that someone will be back in the future (never say never!), but I would definitely be surprised if all these players you mentioned will come back... The NT isn't a Club, where you usually have to chose the best players available at the moment. You also have to work in perspective. Especially in the post-Olympic season.

Does someone have the link to FIVB stream of China v Japan? It's not gettable from the FIVB page because they don't list the last day schedule. And strangely, FIVB's Youtube site has nothing--maybe because I'm geo-blocked?

thanks

That strange... I can see the last matches on the schedule, here: http://grandchampionscup.2017.…om/en/schedule#/d20170910

It's also strange that you can't see nothing (?) on the FIVB channel, usually only the single video are geo-blocked... Anyway, I can find the video both in the 'video' section of the FIVB channel (when it opens, it's on the 'home page' section) and from FIVB home page going down I have the 'last aired live streaming', that appears practically right after the match ended.

• [quote='rbdfabio','index.php?page=Thread&postID=348145#post348145']Thaiza,Jaque,Jucyeli,Leia,Fe Garay,Dani Lins, Fabiola have not announced their retirement, which means they still own their spot in the team until they make any official news of either they will come back or not.

That's not entirely true, there is also the coach that can chose who has to be called despite they're availableness.
    For example, Guiggi has never announced her retirement (unless I missed it), but she doesn't belong to the NT anyway, and 99% she won't belong to the NT anymore. And actually I'm not sure even Leo did. Neither Cardullo. And so on.

Honestly, I didn't consider this Brazil as a 'B team'; at the beginning of a new OG cycle, it's quite normal to renew the team, and that doesn't make it necessarily a B team. Just a new shaped one.
    Ok, it's possible that someone will be back in the future (never say never!), but I would definitely be surprised if all these players you mentioned will come back... The NT isn't a Club, where you usually have to chose the best players available at the moment. You also have to work in perspective. Especially in the post-Olympic season.

Well ok, it is TRUE for the Brazilian team at least. For example. Jaque got offered to be part of the Brazilian version of the Dancing with the stars. And she said she talked with Ze Roberto to make sure he was ok with that. And why would she do that? because she`s still part of the team even though she`s knows she would not be playing this summer no matter what.

And it is a safe bet to say Fe Garay, Thaiza, Juciely, Leia will be back, and seams like Dani Lins already said she will be back next year, and Fabiola will probably do the same. Now if they will make the roster for the WCH is a different history, but they still have their place in the team to practice and get evaluated before Ze Roberto makes any decision.

I guess in Italy is different.

• That strange... I can see the last matches on the schedule, here: http://grandchampionscup.2017.women.fivb…dule#/d20170910

It's also strange that you can't see nothing (?) on the FIVB channel, usually only the single video are geo-blocked... Anyway, I can find the video both in the 'video' section of the FIVB channel (when it opens, it's on the 'home page' section) and from FIVB home page going down I have the 'last aired live streaming', that appears practically right after the match ended.

When I set my VPN to Italy I can see "Past Live Streams" of this tournament on FIVB's Youtube channel. But nothing I do lets me see the last day of scheduled matches on the FIVB site--not this matters now, it's just how I could get to the FIVB stream (geo-blocked) and then use the youpak hack to download it. And I tried with three different browsers.

• Just go to ranking and result tab if you can't see it on schedule. I think VPN users get a glitch that won't allow them to see the schedule of last day.

• lol, if I click "Watch Live" from FIVB home page main navigation, it goes to a page listing the matches. Here's how the last day looks:

10 Sept (Sun)
    Nagoya
    02:40 KOR vs RUS
    05:40 USA vs BRA
    09:15 CHN vs KOR

No respect, man. I think even FIVB must find this tournament meaningless :rolll:

• Just go to ranking and result tab if you can't see it on schedule. I think VPN users get a glitch that won't allow them to see the schedule of last day.

That's how I did get there (after you posted the link--I was determined to find a way). I don't use a VPN for regular browsing. My general approach is to keep Chrome on a VPN, and I only use it for this kind of stuff.

• does anyone knows why Tominaga did not start against China?

Probably matchups. She started her tallest MBs. Some starters of previous games didn't start against China. Is Nakada taking notes from Lang Ping's strategy in Rio?

• totally OT, but i went back to watch a little bit of the US x CHN match in london.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I6EWdhgEqI

since we were talking about announcers, i don't get why they chose this brit dude commentator who doesn't know NOTHING about volleyball... and he shows his ignorance.

but looking at the starters, there are a lot of players we miss today in both teams. the only starters still with the NT are foluke and larson (and none of the CHN players). i miss zhang lei so much. and i know many miss destiny hooker.

those were the days!!!!!