Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• how's it losing to JPN in london the lowest point in CHN volleyball? that's crazy talk.

the 2012 team wasn't that bad. they were probably at the same level as 2008, they simply lost a tough, very close match in the QFs.

China have never lost a single set against Japan as stated above. Wang Yimei's era has a lot of dubious results so not sure why someone thinks she's really good or warranted another chance for the national team.

• First of all China's 2012 team was really strong.. They had Wei, who is one of the best setters in the world, and was at the top of her game then.. Hui, Ma Yunwen also in their top form.. Wang Yimei jas been on and off, it's true, but they weren't so dependent on her then.. Junjing has been the best spiker at the WC, and I don't think any from China's middles nowadays is as good as she was then.. Zang was really helpful as a receiving OPP and did a good job attacking too..

So that Chineese team was not bad at all, other teams managed to beat them.. Maybe it was a disappointing result, but they were quite strong.. IMO nowadays they have weaker middles, weaker setter.. The diference maker is Zhu obviously, and the OPP and second OH are doing a good job, but I still don't think they're better than Hui was then

• If they were strong, would not have lost to Japan, who got destroyed in the semis in 2012. A lot of these players are overrated because it was during Wang Yimei's era with these players that China got a lot of poor results.

• wow. so much hatred for wang. you'd think she alone was responsible for destroying CHN volleyball. her presence alone made all the other players play like amateurs.

usavf, you are totally right. CHN in 2012 had a very good and solid team. hui and wang in the wings, with chu jinling as backup, zeng and zhang lei as OPP, ma and yang with xu as backup for the middles, and wei as setter. that was a really good team. so CHN wasn't the favorite in neither 2008 or 2012, but was one of the top 5 teams in both olympics. if that's the lowest point in history, then your team is doing really well.

• now catching up with some other matches in the WGCC, although some of the high Q videos have disappeard from YT...

watched some more of the USA x RUS match. who is the genius who came up with the 2-woman passing system? in all the crucial moments, they got destroyed by that. in beijing, when the USA was struggling with passing, lang ping switched to a 4-woman passing system! RUS cannot just rely on big hits by gonch and kosh to take them to victory every time. pathetic.

from what i saw, frolova got several blocks and aces... she's doing well in this team.

this is the first tournament i am seeing drews, and she's a strong OPP, but her spiking form is weird. she's so crooked and unbalanced in the air that she's not hitting at her highest point. so weird.

i love gibby. i hope she gets to go to tokyo. i know it must have been disappointing to miss out on the 2014 WCh and rio.

• wow. so much hatred for wang. you'd think she alone was responsible for destroying CHN volleyball. her presence alone made all the other players play like amateurs.

usavf, you are totally right. CHN in 2012 had a very good and solid team. hui and wang in the wings, with chu jinling as backup, zeng and zhang lei as OPP, ma and yang with xu as backup for the middles, and wei as setter. that was a really good team. so CHN wasn't the favorite in neither 2008 or 2012, but was one of the top 5 teams in both olympics. if that's the lowest point in history, then your team is doing really well.

It's not a matter of hatred for Wang Yimei. She was the best player during her era for China. It's just that she wasn't that great of a player others claimed her to be. That was proven by her team results during her time playing. Losing to a team that you dominate at the Olympics is not the lowest point, then there is no lowest point for anything. Sure arguably she has the most powerful serve and spike but that means nothing when you can't get the job done. Same thing goes for her teammates. Even with Zhu on the team, they got the worst result, 4th, in the Asian Championships in China's history. That resulted in Lang Ping dropping most of the members from 2012 team and they never got called back again. If you still think 2012 team was a strong team, then great. But personally I still think Wang Yimei's era was the weakest in China's history.

• Imo Wang WAS better then any options China has now for the position. I think people here are being a bit unfair to her, you guys are used to winning too much atm :P. Wang and 2012 China was really good! It is just this is China's golden era with a superstar who turns anything into gold like Zhu Ting. There are only a few players that can reach that level, ever. If Wang is still like how I remember her to be then she can definitely bring something extra to this already superstrong team. But her level probably dropped? and knowing how the Chinese consider players over 25 grannies I know it will never happen :lol: Also maybe she just doesn't fit the current system of the China NT...

• Imo Wang WAS better then any options China has now for the position. I think people here are being a bit unfair to her, you guys are used to winning too much atm . Wang and 2012 China was really good! It is just this is China's golden era with a superstar who turns anything into gold like Zhu Ting. There are only a few players that can reach that level, ever. If Wang is still like how I remember her to be then she can definitely bring something extra to this already superstrong team. But her level probably dropped? and knowing how the Chinese consider players over 25 grannies I know it will never happen Also maybe she just doesn't fit the current system of the China NT...

I think the main problem for the Chinese NT now is they still unable to identify any reliable backup player for the setter, for the MB and for the OPP position. It won't surprised me that granny Wei will come back and granny Yan Ni will stay with the team for a while.

• Imo Wang WAS better then any options China has now for the position. I think people here are being a bit unfair to her, you guys are used to winning too much atm :P. Wang and 2012 China was really good! It is just this is China's golden era with a superstar who turns anything into gold like Zhu Ting. There are only a few players that can reach that level, ever. If Wang is still like how I remember her to be then she can definitely bring something extra to this already superstrong team. But her level probably dropped? and knowing how the Chinese consider players over 25 grannies I know it will never happen :lol: Also maybe she just doesn't fit the current system of the China NT...

Wang just doesn't fit the system, because she has poor reception. At critical points, China's opposite has to receive in order to fully unleash the score machine Zhu.

• I just found out nearly all the matches are going to hold in Japan. !.WCCH. WC. OG and this WGCC. WOW........

• Or maybe it was Lang Ping who brought the magic back to China. Half of the 2012 Olympic team continued on to play under her. She then picked up where the previous team left off by continuously seeking out, training and adding tall young players.

• Dont know what happened with the challenge system but it was out...

6n0kGEg11Qs

This review shows after a few minutes. it can be modified. It is a reasonable doubt, because this is the first time we see something like this happens, and it is in a set point. It's not an unimportant match because there are historical issues between China and Japan. After all, Thai fans are the most furious, because this reminds them got cheated out the Olympics, the Rio qualification match THI vs JPN.
    Again, I'm not saying 100%, just a reasonable doubt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txWqE6mKk00

• I think Wang YiMei last outing with the Chinese NT was in 2013...just before Zhu Ting was called up to the seniors. Wang is still in the Chinese League with Liaoning ( hope I'm right ), perhaps even if they don't play in the same team, they should have face each other in the League. Wang has played in the Turkish League before Zhu Ting too...