Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• guys, you will watch EUA x China?

I'm goin to try, but it's getting late here

• Do you think Goncharova had a little responsibility in a few of those? Like when a setter demonstrates 'athleticism' by making a good set out of a bad pass, an OH can try to make a good/better kill off a bad set. Those few in a row looked like both players were out of sync. But I can't really tell.

I dont blame everything on the setter, 1 or 2 bad sets in a row is OK, but 5 bad sets in a row it is too much. I think she had a good game, just in that moment she screwed things really bad.

• Seems like that was a friendly match for Russia before ECH. After all that tournament is more important for Russia than this one. I don't blame them for experimenting but at least they got a set against Brazil. :rolleyes:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I can't say I'm not disappointed because I am.. This is the best USA roster and they got trashed by China.. It looked like they didn't even make an effort to try and get back in the game and win.. Kim Hill didn't have a good passing match, but so did Larson.. Drews made many unforced mistakes, and I don't mean just attacking.. Middles weren't used as much as they could, especially in front, but to be fair towards the end of the match Adams had some great kills.. Let's hope they regroup tomorrow

• I can't say I'm not disappointed because I am.. This is the best USA roster and they got trashed by China.. It looked like they didn't even make an effort to try and get back in the game and win.. Kim Hill didn't have a good passing match, but so did Larson.. Drews made many unforced mistakes, and I don't mean just attacking.. Middles weren't used as much as they could, especially in front, but to be fair towards the end of the match Adams had some great kills.. Let's hope they regroup tomorrow

Karch is usually quite expressive and passionate but not today. Guess they didn't care that much about this event.

• Do you think Goncharova had a little responsibility in a few of those? Like when a setter demonstrates 'athleticism' by making a good set out of a bad pass, an OH can try to make a good/better kill off a bad set. Those few in a row looked like both players were out of sync. But I can't really tell.

yeah yeah yeah .... all the killing blocks of Brasil were just because of the poor balls of the setter? of course not! i think the response lays on the hitter shoulders, and in a team like russia where the quality of the ball doesnt means so much, the only need is the high of the ball, we cant put all responsability over the setter...

• lets go babies...

23 20 - libero ball, she decided NOT to hit... "amarelou", first setter error
    23 21 - libero set again, she "amarelou" again
    23 22 - another setter error, or not... if the setter combine a pipe with speed is the responsability of the hitter to pay attention and go to the play at the right time... set that ball to any brazilian player and u ll understand what i mean... well, she "amarelou" once again...
    23 23 - a good china, the MB decides not to hit, "amarelou" tb
    23 24 - poor pass, the setter didnt had too much to do, kosheleva doesnt use to "amarelar" but loves to be stoped in kill blocks at key times of the game...
    Brasil wins.

Facts:
    1 Tandara put all balls on the floor, even the bad ones, with double block, in c.attacks...
    2 The setter had one or two errors... she wasnt the reason...
    3 Brazilian block was so intimidated, russian players didnt have the strenght to hit with power and confidence
    4 "amarelar" means do not have the courage to play, just it.

• Why does Babeshina never get a chance for the NT? And she has gone to Dinamo Moscow along with Pankova and Vetrova, I hope she won't be sitting on the bench all season :down:

• I have this discussion about Basketball all the time: if a team shoots 25% the opposing team HELD them to that with good defense? Or they just shot poorly?

In Volleyball, is it a good block or a poor attack?

I know that we can see when a "set" is particularly bad and the consequences of that. In this particular situation with those sets to Goncharova, the sets didn't look particularly bad to me (but I'm far from any expert on seeing that). Goncharova looked a little surprised and out of sync with the play--again, I don't know whose responsibility it is to know what the play is. All those hand signals the girls do before each play are just an excuse for the cameraman to zoom in on their butts. :lol: (One funny moment I saw in a China match of a couple years ago, Xu Yun-li had a couple fingers out and Zeng walked up and tucked Xu's fingers back into a fist. After the play was over Zhu Ting had some words for Xu)

Anyway, I think Brazil was intimidating last night and that affected Russia. I'm not sure we need to find a bunch of reasons of why and how Russia collapsed in order to lose. Brazil is a very good team and they won. They deserve some credit for that. 18-8 in blocks and they are a 'short' team in comparison. The two Ana's were having a block party. Russia has some great attackers--I would have played Voronkova more, but that's just me. I don't care who you are, seeing Tandara fly in from the back court is a scary thing. 8o

• Russia-Brazil 3rd set

23-20 Filishtinskaia made two setting errors during the rally. All balls were too close to the net.
    23-21 An okay-ish predictable set to the left. A bit too far but manageable.
    23-22 A low and short pipe set for Goncharova that she can only tip
    23-23 A low reverse set to the slide attacker that she can only tip
    23-24 an okay set that Kosheleva unfortunately tried to kill

Four setting errors is not bad but if all done in the crucial moments so close together is just a matter of nerves.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Four setting errors is not bad but if all done in the crucial moments so close together is just a matter of nerves.

Yeah, If you're up 23-20 and you lose ... "Choke" is probably the reason. I'm not sure if that's consistent with what I've been saying, or not. :teach: :lol:

I just downloaded the JPN v KOR game with that youpak hack and it has Clayton Lucas commentary :woohoo:

• Good to see Zeng Chunlei back!

Yes! An she looks cute with that haircut. I just downloaded the game and it also has Clayton commentary :dance4:

USA team looks so muscular and physically fit. They're beautiful. I wish I would have watched the game before reading this forum :P

• just missed today's whole matches and still grabbing the replays right now. No upset with the outcomes aside from both BRA v RUS and CHN v USA matches had relatively loose matches, would expect something tighter from the four teams.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”