Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• I didn't see anyone acting like they didn't care about winning that game because it's in an unimportant tournament :whistle:

• I had zero problem with her screaming either. I still don't understand why those snowflakes keep complaining about the way she celebrating. Many players or fan's behaviors from other countries also annoy me. But I always say to myself that it's their way to celebrate or it's part of their culture and I'm not the right person to judge their behaviors.

Well said! I just don't grasp it why some folks here are stubbornly pointing to the Yuan for her court celebration, which is not even directing to the opponent side. Among the many sports incl in the volleyball, there is just nothing extraordinary with Yuan's scream! Hey, this is not the snooker game :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• TRUEEEE....And I don`t see we will see a match like this at the so IMPORTANT ECH :rolll:

IF anyone dares to speak out aloud like that it just shows how continent-centric he or she is... so outdated view to hype such groundless self-importance :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Brazil played great after playing terrible for a while.

Zhu Ting ... this was like that NED game where CHN was down 14-10 ... she just starts boiling and there's nothing much the other team can do. Brazil fought hard. What a game!

• Every girls in the court scream for celebration. It's just that Yuan has a unique high pitch sound.

You guys, stop discriminating high pitch people, it is wrong, cause she was born this way. :teach:

PS: she is a charming character, you will probably still remember her after many years.

• I didn't see anyone acting like they didn't care about winning that game because it's in an unimportant tournament :whistle:

I didn't see anyone acting like they didn't care about winning that game because it's in an unimportant tournament :whistle:

IF anyone dares to speak out aloud like that it just shows how continent-centric he or she is... so outdated view to hype such groundless self-importance :lol:

It is not an important tournament. I am a fan of Brazil, China and Japan team. Doesn't change the fact this tournament won't have any world ranking points or continental ranking points which will help in seeding or qualification for bigger tournaments. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• You guys, stop discriminating high pitch people, it is wrong, cause she was boring this way.

:lol: :lol:

• Even though they lost, but somehow this is my favorite Brazil's performance so far (for this new generation). They fought hard. I was expecting a 3-0 or 3-1 from China, but Brazil managed to drag it to the fifth set.

More and more, Roberta has secured her place as the starting setter. She is getting more comfortable with the players and her own self on court. Dani Lins can say goodbye to her starting spot as the NT setter unless she miraculously step up her game during Superliga season.

And I must say that Gabi is slowly turning into the next Jacque --- being one of the best defensive OHs. Her back-row coverage has been amazing and her defensive skills are crazy. Plus, she is very light on her feet, too. I missed seeing her on court and now she is back with a vengeance.

And I can see that Coach Ze is using his old formula again -- putting all his main starter through as much games and tournaments as possible. These players won't get any rest like any other NT do during "not-so-important" tournament. Coach Ze is going to put them through every competition, trying to shoot 2 birds with one stone --1. to give as much experience as possible to the players in terms of their own performance, and 2. to let these players play against so may variations of games and teams. Hopefully, unlike 2016, this one will work out.

• European teams havent been doing well in the world stage for the last 30 years maybe? So they act llike they dont care much about all meaningless tournament like GP, GCC, OG.. OH WAIT. Thats almost every tournament exits. Besides, their prestigious ECH. :cheesy: :cheesy:

• this tournament won't have any world ranking points or continental ranking points which will help in seeding or qualification for bigger tournaments. :whistle:

I can't help it.I'm more romantic than that. Did you see this game. The faces of the players? Seemed important to them.

• Even though they lost, but somehow this is my favorite Brazil's performance so far (for this new generation). They fought hard. I was expecting a 3-0 or 3-1 from China, but Brazil managed to drag it to the fifth set.

More and more, Roberta has secured her place as the starting setter. She is getting more comfortable with the players and her own self on court. Dani Lins can say goodbye to her starting spot as the NT setter unless she miraculously step up her game during Superliga season.

And I can see that Coach Ze is using his old formula again -- putting all his main starter through as much games and tournaments as possible. These players won't get any rest like any other NT do during "not-so-important" tournament. Coach Ze is going to put them through every competition, trying to shoot 2 birds with one stone --1. to give as much experience as possible to the players in terms of their own performance, and 2. to let these players play against so may variations of games and teams. Hopefully, unlike 2016, this one will work out.

Russia will have the most room to grow as a team imo.

Brazil needs young players especially middle blockers.

I really hope Coach Ze is doing the best for his team cause I can see this backfiring in World Championship when all the teams are now more comfortable with their skins.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• European teams havent been doing well in the world stage for the last 30 years maybe? So they act llike they dont care much about all meaningless tournament like GP, GCC, OG.. OH WAIT. Almost every tournament exit! :cheesy: :cheesy:

OH BOY.... U just said it all....I hope every European user will read this :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I can't help it.I'm more romantic than that. Did you see this game. The faces of the players? Seemed important to them.

What do you expect? Brazil already qualified to the world championship because of their easy qualification tournament in South America which for your information they won almost every time. China needs to show improvement without Lang Ping as they have not win anything this year.

You seemed like you do not have any understanding of the hardship for the European Teams. A lot of strong european teams cannot even qualify to the World championship and Olympics because of the strong competition in that continent which for your information can lead to injuries etc. So saying they do have any passion for the game is just ignorance when you do not even know what they feel underneath their stoic faces. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• O

What do you expect? Brazil already qualified to the world championship because of their easy qualification tournament in South America which for your information they won almost every time. China needs to show improvement without Lang Ping as they have not win anything this year.

You seemed like you do not have any understanding of the hardship for the European Teams. A lot of strong european teams cannot even qualify to the World championship and Olympics because of the strong competition in that continent which for your information can lead to injuries etc. So saying they do have any passion for the game is just ignorance when you do not even know what they feel underneath their stoic faces. :whistle:

I dont know where r u from, r u from Europe?

A lot of European users talks down and underestimate the Brazilians and Asians all the time on this forum. They think the Europeans are simply the best even tough they never win anything in the world stage.