Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - 6-11.06.2017

• Jasper: I really didn't know her..she has played for VC Sneek in our domestic league.. She could become a decent defensive OH..

The big problem is at MB-position: Koolhaas is as horrible as 5 years ago...

Jasper played for VfB Suhl last season :teach: She was rather average there so I'm also surprised how well she does in NT.

I disagree about Koolhaas. I'm pleasently surprised with her, of course she's not a world class player but she does her job.

• Jasper played for VfB Suhl last season :teach: She was rather average there so I'm also surprised how well she does in NT.

I disagree about Koolhaas. I'm pleasently surprised with her, of course she's not a world class player but she does her job.

I forgot...:D She moved from Sneek to Suhl previous season.

About Koolhaas: related to Beliën and De Kruijf, she is nowhere...and that's the level the team needs..:D

• OMG...the referee.......2 clear servicepoints stolen from Thailand....

• Netherlands 2nd team seems good without Plak :down: I sometimes cant believe how she was champion of Italian league with so mistakes. She is getting worse day by day, if i was a coach I couldnt give a chance to her, i think it's enough mistake for today by Plak. Her receive and defence is really awful :down: althouhg she plays in italian league many years, she still have awful defence and receive, I dont see any progress in her ?(

• Netherlands 2nd team seems good without Plak :down: I sometimes cant believe how she was champion of Italian league with so mistakes. She is getting worse day by day, if i was a coach I couldnt give a chance to her, i think it's enough mistake for today by Plak. Her receive and defence is really awful :down: althouhg she plays in italian league many years, she still have awful defence and receive, I dont see any progress in her ?(

When I read your comment, I would say we live in separate worlds...

Really, Celeste has played a decent game in reception this week..also in defense she has improved. She will never be a top-receiver, but she has certainly improved, this season.

I think if she continues her improvement, she could become a real OH, not just attacker and server.

• But she really made funny mistakes which she mustnt do it because she is playing in Italian league, the best league in the world. Sorry, but I still dont think she will be enough good OH. Maybe in Italian league her receive and defence seemed so so but during this tournament she is such a disease :thumbdown: I dont say she must receive like libero but she really made mistakes which player like her many times played in main team musnt do it in my opinion.

• But she really made funny mistakes which she mustnt do it because she is playing in Italian league, the best league in the world. Sorry, but I still dont think she will be enough good OH. Maybe in Italian league her receive and defence seemed so so but during this tournament she is such a disease :thumbdown: I dont say she must receive like libero but she really made mistakes which player like her many times played in main team musnt do it in my opinion.

Did you watch only from 3rd set, or did you also see set 1 and 2?

In set 3 she was indeed very bad.

• I think Plak in general plays very well... She's not a receiving OH anyway and she still had some amazing saves this week, yes she also had some stupid mistakes but as I said she's more an attacking OH anyway. And she really has some explosive spikes! I for one can see the her improve a lot and just because she had a lot of ups and downs in just one friendly tournament doesn't mean she's getting worse :whistle: .

Even though I hate to use this word, I have to say I sense a 'hater' here :wavy: :lol:

• The SUI team is increasing its learning curve by winning one set this year, compared to zero last year, said the commentator.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Okay, now the dinner break in Switzerland and Europe in general... next match is still about 90-minute away :P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• This is the first time I am watching a game from Germany in this Montreux. Where is Saskia Hippie? Is she retired from the NT? I thought she had a great season in Greece.
    And what about Castiglione?

• This is the first time I am watching a game from Germany in this Montreux. Where is Saskia Hippie? Is she retired from the NT? I thought she had a great season in Greece.

Well, Hippe's status is not really known. Officially, she went for some medical check-ups due to knee problems after her league season and might join NT later, but it's not certain. However with Lippmann playing like this Hippe would be on bench most of the time.