You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:00pm

Argentina is playing really well, a lot of good digs, they are being very aggressive.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:00pm

Rodrigues (number 6) from ARG did a good job at the end of the set. She killed 3 or 4 balls back to back and Sosa closed it up
meso mi ra se beno...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:28pm

Louisa Lippmann is a true killer, but also displays some precise soft balls... now it is 1:1 and a tie-break would be anything but surprising.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:42pm

Las hermanas can't handle the pressure anymore...and I don't remember the last time I saw Germany play this good, not making many stupid mistakes as they used to...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:47pm

young setter Kemmsies looked talented to my eyes.German coach should keep playing with her and make her improve more in the future..Blonde MB (schwertmann)is doing her job better so far ..Lippmann is playing well so far Kemmsies is using her well.
Arg opp Fresco isnt efficient today instead, OHs and the middles of ARG are taking the responsibility more
meso mi ra se beno...

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:47pm

Las hermanas can't handle the pressure anymore...and I don't remember the last time I saw Germany play this good, not making many stupid mistakes as they used to...
Oops

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:48pm

You jinxed them :P From 14-9 to 15-16.

Elina Rodriguez is really good and just 20 years old. Anyone knows where she'll play next season?

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:56pm

Dürr got the point
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 7:58pm

I'm sort of falling in love with the German Setter and her expressive face

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:01pm

So much tension :white:

After yesterday's disaster, today our substitutes won us this set :super: Great entrance by Großer, Möllers and Stigrot in the end!

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:02pm

good pass to Stigrot by Möllers

this time Germany got the close set.Arg libero is digging pretty well.Rodriguez is the most reliable attacker for them so far
lets see how good/persistent ARG team is!
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:09pm

Even with the Challenge system, you can't challenge one of those attempted digs where the ball hits the floor, correct?

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:10pm

The referee is making a complete fool of herself right now :wall:

At least she corrected the decision after everyone in the hall except her saw that the block touched the ball :aww:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:11pm

Even with the Challenge system, you can't challenge one of those attempted digs where the ball hits the floor, correct?
Right, you can't. But you'd expect that two referees and four linesmen would be enough to see when a ball is on the floor...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:17pm

I'd like to point out something that can be easily missed: Jennifer Geerties is playing an incredible match in terms of reception :!: I'm curious to see the stats, but my feeling from watching is that almost every serve that goes her way ends up in a perfect pass.

And she attacks much better today than in the previous matches too.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:24pm

i guess a Germany - Brazil final
meso mi ra se beno...

Gomez4

Trainee

• "Gomez4" is male

Favourite Team: PAOK

Favourite Players: Ernardo Gomez,Rolando Cepeda,Alexander Shafranovich,Zhu Ting

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:36pm

Do not underestimate the eye of the tiger...The great wall of China...
"Zhu Ting arrives" :super:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:39pm

So Germany is through to the final. I wouldn't have bet a single cent on that before the tournament :what:

But I guess whoever we'll meet there is going to win 3:0. Our players are dead on their feet after WCHQ with 5 matches in 5 days, then two days break and then again 5 matches in 5 days in Montreux.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:45pm

A great first semifinal, both teams played their awesome matches. I think the outcome of the 3rd set tilted the fine balance to the advantage of the GER team. Had the ARG taken the 3rd set, the match could go different way. Congratulations to the winner, GER, as well as the loser, ARG... both played all-out matches yet GER was the slightly better team today.

UPDATE: Just checked, these two teams won't see each other in the Group 2 matches of the coming WGP.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samsara" (Jun 10th 2017, 8:51pm)

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:49pm

So Germany is through to the final. I wouldn't have bet a single cent on that before the tournament :what:

But I guess whoever we'll meet there is going to win 3:0. Our players are dead on their feet after WCHQ with 5 matches in 5 days, then two days break and then again 5 matches in 5 days in Montreux.

It's not better, that either which opponent will be in final against Germany, it will be one of their nightmare teams with catastrophic match results for Germany in the past...

Social bookmarks