Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - 6-11.06.2017

• Las hermanas can't handle the pressure anymore...and I don't remember the last time I saw Germany play this good, not making many stupid mistakes as they used to...

• young setter Kemmsies looked talented to my eyes.German coach should keep playing with her and make her improve more in the future..Blonde MB (schwertmann)is doing her job better so far ..Lippmann is playing well so far Kemmsies is using her well.
    Arg opp Fresco isnt efficient today instead, OHs and the middles of ARG are taking the responsibility more

• Las hermanas can't handle the pressure anymore...and I don't remember the last time I saw Germany play this good, not making many stupid mistakes as they used to...

Oops

You jinxed them :P From 14-9 to 15-16.

Elina Rodriguez is really good and just 20 years old. Anyone knows where she'll play next season?

• I'm sort of falling in love with the German Setter and her expressive face

• good pass to Stigrot by Möllers

this time Germany got the close set.Arg libero is digging pretty well.Rodriguez is the most reliable attacker for them so far
    lets see how good/persistent ARG team is!

• Even with the Challenge system, you can't challenge one of those attempted digs where the ball hits the floor, correct?

• I'd like to point out something that can be easily missed: Jennifer Geerties is playing an incredible match in terms of reception :!: I'm curious to see the stats, but my feeling from watching is that almost every serve that goes her way ends up in a perfect pass.

And she attacks much better today than in the previous matches too.

• So Germany is through to the final. I wouldn't have bet a single cent on that before the tournament :what:

But I guess whoever we'll meet there is going to win 3:0. Our players are dead on their feet after WCHQ with 5 matches in 5 days, then two days break and then again 5 matches in 5 days in Montreux.

• A great first semifinal, both teams played their awesome matches. I think the outcome of the 3rd set tilted the fine balance to the advantage of the GER team. Had the ARG taken the 3rd set, the match could go different way. Congratulations to the winner, GER, as well as the loser, ARG... both played all-out matches yet GER was the slightly better team today.

UPDATE: Just checked, these two teams won't see each other in the Group 2 matches of the coming WGP.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• So Germany is through to the final. I wouldn't have bet a single cent on that before the tournament :what:

But I guess whoever we'll meet there is going to win 3:0. Our players are dead on their feet after WCHQ with 5 matches in 5 days, then two days break and then again 5 matches in 5 days in Montreux.

It's not better, that either which opponent will be in final against Germany, it will be one of their nightmare teams with catastrophic match results for Germany in the past...