You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 8:57pm

So Germany is through to the final. I wouldn't have bet a single cent on that before the tournament :what:

But I guess whoever we'll meet there is going to win 3:0. Our players are dead on their feet after WCHQ with 5 matches in 5 days, then two days break and then again 5 matches in 5 days in Montreux.

It's not better, that either which opponent will be in final against Germany, it will be one of their nightmare teams with catastrophic match results for Germany in the past...

However Felix Koslowski has managed the strategy quite rightly to put the GER team one step further into the final here, the 2nd time to play in the final of Montreux VM.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

LLOYD

Intermediate

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 9:05pm

I don't understand why people always think we have to own the same opinion :what: I don't like Plak's game in NT, it's my own opinion. I remember last year Plak and Sylla often replaced each other. This year she was main player of Novara, mostly she was on court. But I dont like her game, she has problem with receive and defence and every time I see it plus she sometimes blocked by blockers. That's why I think she is not a player who has to fight on court during whole game. I already cant count how many times she get blocked against Argentina, but I guess it happened many times when she is going to attack. She had many errors thar's why I dont care about if she was scoring. Well, people may disagree with me, it's not important for me but I dont like Plak's game :down:

LLOYD

Intermediate

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 9:19pm

Well, why I said her game was getting worsw day by day because I remembered when Dutch team played against Russia in final, maybe it was 4th set Gui gave a chance to her and she was really good in that game, I dont remember how many balls she killed but she really seemed power of Dutch team. Yes, it's friendly tournament but it's not first time I am watching her game and I watched her game many times in Bergamo ( remember she was scoring 33 points), Novara and Dutch NT. Maybe she seems okay, other day she is so so, another day her game is getting terrible, it's style of her game.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 9:34pm

Well considering Anne Buijs form... You all cannot get away from the fact that Celeste Plak is Netherlands' most stable Offensive OH on their roster. :win:

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 9:41pm

The CHN v BRA game is my first experience of balls hitting a ceiling.

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 9:54pm

Brazil should get rid of its stereotypes in volleyball : short,buxom female players ..they need different players who have different physical features,styles etc such as Mari (OH) in the past...how tall is Edinara ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:10pm

I`m not sure but I think Edinara is 1.84cm
Brazil should get rid of its stereotypes in volleyball : short,buxom female players ..they need different players who have different physical features,styles etc such as Mari (OH) in the past...how tall is Edinara ?

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:11pm

That's easier said than done. That type of player simply either doesn't exist in Brazil or is still too young to be playing in the adult NT.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:13pm

thx..not tall as the others :(
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:15pm

That's easier said than done. That type of player simply either doesn't exist in Brazil or is still too young to be playing in the adult NT.

there should be!Brazil has a wide population ..
meso mi ra se beno...

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:16pm

That seems totally stereotypical of you though. It's not the problem of Brazil if they cannot produce that kind of player anymore that is up to their standards of a good volleyball player nor the players if they are fat, short or buxom.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:17pm

as the other Brazilians from the past? or from other countries?

Mari is 1.88cm, Jaque 1.86, Sheilla 1.85, Paula Pequeno 1.84. There`s really not much difference in being 1.80 and 1.88. Just stand by a person that is 8cm taller than you and you will see it.

Fernanda Tome is on the bench, i think she is 1.95.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:19pm

this set was better but Brazil got it in the end
meso mi ra se beno...

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:21pm

I can't believe I just read that Brazilian NT should get rid of "such stereotypes"...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:22pm

No matter which players China brings, one thing is always the same: that horrible high-pitched screaming when they score :wall:

Though Yuan's absence makes a rather pleasent difference there...

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:23pm

Though Yuan's absence makes a rather pleasent difference there...
:dance6: :dance6: I totally don't miss her too

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:23pm

as the other Brazilians from the past? or from other countries?

Mari is 1.88cm, Jaque 1.86, Sheilla 1.85, Paula Pequeno 1.84. There`s really not much difference in being 1.80 and 1.88. Just stand by a person that is 8cm taller than you and you will see it.

Fernanda Tome is on the bench, i think she is 1.95.

i mean as tall as Natalia,Tandara,Rosamaria,Carol,Adeniza are...not tall
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:28pm

That seems totally stereotypical of you though. It's not the problem of Brazil if they cannot produce that kind of player anymore that is up to their standards of a good volleyball player nor the players if they are fat, short or buxom.

their standard of good volleyball generally takes the players who are tall around 180-185 cm to the NT..would be good for Brazil to have more athletic and tall players in the NT
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:29pm

I can't believe I just read that Brazilian NT should get rid of "such stereotypes"...

having some tall,athletic players next to these players would be good. i didnt mean Brazil should fire them all :win:
meso mi ra se beno...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Canter" (Jun 10th 2017, 10:37pm)

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:32pm

Brazil looks a lot better than they did in pool play. Tandara looks much more fierce in attack and Rosamaria does a better job than Drussyla and Amanda. I don't see how Germany would have a chance to beat them once again tomorrow.

Social bookmarks