Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - 6-11.06.2017

• Tandara is just not there yet, imo.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The cutie from the Polish team: Monika Bociek (shirt 12), born 1996, 185 cm, Opposite spiker, Club: Legionovia SA

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• #13 can actually work with the high balls. I do not understand why she was not in Rio? I honestly feel she would've been more useful there than Adenizia. :white:

Edit: I mean Amanda.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• A pity that Montreux Volley Masters still does not employ the (Hawk-eye) Challenge System... Switzerland surely can afford such system, which is quite needed by the fast motion game such as volleyball.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Tandara and Natalia got blocked a lot in this game.

#FreeBritney

• My goodness, at 24-23 for BRA, Tandara spiked and the ball clearly touched the hand of Agnieszka Kakolewska (05), touch-out, but umpire gave the point to POL 24-24 :-)

but eventually BRA took this set 26-24.... BRA won 3-1 over POL: 25 - 20, 21 - 25, 25 - 23, 26 - 24

The Polish team gave a stronger fight than expected in this match, exciting match.

• My goodness, at 24-23 for BRA, Tandara spiked and the ball clearly touched the hand of Agnieszka Kakolewska (05), touch-out, but umpire gave the point to POL 24-24 :-)

but eventually BRA took this set 26-24.... BRA won 3-1 over POL: 25 - 20, 21 - 25, 25 - 23, 26 - 24

The Polish team gave a stronger fight than expected in this match, exciting match.

We can consider that an eye for an eye after the ref also gave Brazil a point of that similar nature as well in the same set.

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Brazil and Natalia

i started to watch after 1-1 and Polish girls played well..i didnt watch China but maybe Poland can beat China's B-team,cant they ? playing like in today's game ?

i hope Poland get their glorious days back in women's volleyball and Serbia and Russia dont feel that relieved like in the recent years in europe knowing that Poland isnt any threat to them as in the past years

• Good to get a first win in an actual competition I guess for Brazil, it will give some confidence to the girls. There is clearly still a lot of work to do. Like Poland, going with a really tall team and if they can work more on basics they could be a difficult team to beat, being so young. Brazil in this game really need to learn that they need to play a game of precision if they want to beat these tall girls. The passing really needs to improve a lot (which seems to be a problem for this new generation of players for Brazil).

Natalia seems to be trying to adjust to the weight of expectation on her as a potential leader in this team, it'll be interesting to see how she takes on this role in terms of her play. She should have been inspired by playing with Kim, who is just a natural leader.

At 14-11, Natalia Mędrzyk killed tha ball and it touched brazilian block but Brazil got the point :)
    Later, Natalia (?) crossed the 3rd meter line but referee didn't see that :)

Brazil deserved to win that! Congrats.

• At 14-11, Natalia Mędrzyk killed tha ball and it touched brazilian block but Brazil got the point :)
    Later, Natalia (?) crossed the 3rd meter line but referee didn't see that :)

Brazil deserved to win that! Congrats.

We can consider that an eye for an eye after the ref also gave Brazil a point of that similar nature as well in the same set.

That's WHY a CHALLENGE SYSTEM is badly needed :-) even though this is just an invitational (thus considered a friendly) competition. Remember about the last year's drama involved the NED team under Giovanni Guidetti in the semifinals against the THA team due to the umpire's faulty decision during a very tight match :-)

I expect to see more hilarious faulty decisions by the umpires as the matches roll on, there are simply some limitations to their sight coverage under the very fast motion games.

On the other things, it seems the NED team without Guidetti shows some signs of weakness, the current coach just seems not as good and effective as him. Ofc the NED team here is just a mixed team, several key players are absent, thus firmer judgement needs to wait until the upcoming WGP.

It's a surprise to watch the young ARG team played that good and beat NED 3-2, seems to be a stronger team compared to the ARG team played in the 2015 World Cup. Yeah, more to watch on these teams in upcoming WGP: NED, ARG and the tall team, POL as well :-)

Just the first day, yet there have been so many entertaining matches already :P

I guess on today's match the CHN team will seal off the fate of the highly experimental NED team in this tournament, another loss by NED means this team won't play in the semifinals, and don't see how this NED team can beat CHN here based on the observations of the yesterday's matches.

• June 7, 2017
    Local Time (UTC/GMT +2)
    Group B
    7 June 16:30 Thailand - Poland
    https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/thailand-poland-len
    Group A
    7 June 18:45 China - Netherlands
    https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/l…-07-china-netherlands-len
    Group B
    7 June 21:15 Brazil - Germany
    https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/brazil-germany-len