You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 3:51pm

Wasn't there a challenge system last year? Guidetti went berserk in the game against China because of a challenge. Maybe it was a different tournament.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 4:07pm

Wasn't there a challenge system last year? Guidetti went berserk in the game against China because of a challenge. Maybe it was a different tournament.

You're probably thinking of the World Olympics Qualifiers.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 4:34pm

Poland showing their height advantage early on.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 4:35pm

You're probably thinking of the World Olympics Qualifiers.
China qualified through World Cup. I remembered last year's Montreux had that stupid LED net :lol:

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 4:59pm

Thailand's floor defense is pretty poor.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:28pm

Poland's read blocking is now looking pretty dense. blocking tactic wise has been really horrific. Coverage wasn't also good.

Too many bad ref calls in this second set against Poland that could've tilt the result though.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:30pm

Maybe you're right, against CHN in the semifinals :-) I just don't remember exactly who's the NED's opponent in SF tho I recall that drama whereas Guidetti threatened to pull out the team out of frustration to the umpire's faulty decision. Dunno why this year thing is worse with NO Challenge System... a setback!

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:38pm

I'm just tuning in, but that's a surprise to hear. They are usually pretty quick on things, one of the reasons I like them.

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:39pm

I'm just tuning in, but that's a surprise to hear. They are usually pretty quick on things, one of the reasons I like them.

They were pretty bad during the first set.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:42pm

Polish coach does not like to use his substitution button.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:44pm

I love a good foot save. Too bad that one ended in 4 hits :P

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:01pm

Poland is playing pretty well, blocking the fast break. Thailand should put Soraya Phomla in to switch things up. Plus, she's super cute.

LLOYD

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:03pm

I am sure Poland NT may play much better :down: they really need a strong coach, I am sure they can be strong team like they were before. I really like Wolosz and Kakolewska they understand each other well :heart:

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:10pm

Poland needs to get a better read on the ball during the out of system play of Thailand. Can't believe they are being too undisciplined with that. Poland's libero needs to play as if her life depends on it.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:14pm

Does Poland have any brunette player in their lineup? :dance6:

Edit: oh yeag the starting OH is brunette.

LLOYD

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:15pm

I really like Smarzek as OPP, she is much better than Tomsia. Why she didnt play in WCHQ :whistling:

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:18pm

If you're gonna be doing bunch blocking then might as well block, right Poland Wing Blockers? :white:

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:28pm

This is my first time seeing Poland. They look pretty big, strong and athletic. Always a problem for the little Asian teams I like. Color me impressed.

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:33pm

On paper they have everything to be one of the best teams in the world. But in reality that is not the case, they just failed to qualify for the World Championship. They must work a lot on reception and learn how to play smart.
This is my first time seeing Poland. They look pretty big, strong and athletic. Always a problem for the little Asian teams I like. Color me impressed.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:36pm

The TALLNESS of the POL team overcomes the swiftness of the THA team... 3-1

THA - POL 1-3 (17 - 25, 25 - 22, 23 - 25, 25 - 27)

I foresee a slim chance for THA team to advance into SF by this defeat.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Social bookmarks