Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - 6-11.06.2017

• Wasn't there a challenge system last year? Guidetti went berserk in the game against China because of a challenge. Maybe it was a different tournament.

• Wasn't there a challenge system last year? Guidetti went berserk in the game against China because of a challenge. Maybe it was a different tournament.

You're probably thinking of the World Olympics Qualifiers.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Poland showing their height advantage early on.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• You're probably thinking of the World Olympics Qualifiers.

China qualified through World Cup. I remembered last year's Montreux had that stupid LED net :lol:

• Thailand's floor defense is pretty poor.

#FreeBritney

• Poland's read blocking is now looking pretty dense. blocking tactic wise has been really horrific. Coverage wasn't also good.

Too many bad ref calls in this second set against Poland that could've tilt the result though.

#FreeBritney

Maybe you're right, against CHN in the semifinals :-) I just don't remember exactly who's the NED's opponent in SF tho I recall that drama whereas Guidetti threatened to pull out the team out of frustration to the umpire's faulty decision. Dunno why this year thing is worse with NO Challenge System... a setback!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Thailand's floor defense is pretty poor.

I'm just tuning in, but that's a surprise to hear. They are usually pretty quick on things, one of the reasons I like them.

• I'm just tuning in, but that's a surprise to hear. They are usually pretty quick on things, one of the reasons I like them.

They were pretty bad during the first set.

#FreeBritney

• Polish coach does not like to use his substitution button.

#FreeBritney

• I love a good foot save. Too bad that one ended in 4 hits :P

• Poland is playing pretty well, blocking the fast break. Thailand should put Soraya Phomla in to switch things up. Plus, she's super cute.

• I am sure Poland NT may play much better :down: they really need a strong coach, I am sure they can be strong team like they were before. I really like Wolosz and Kakolewska they understand each other well :heart:

• Poland needs to get a better read on the ball during the out of system play of Thailand. Can't believe they are being too undisciplined with that. Poland's libero needs to play as if her life depends on it.

#FreeBritney

• Does Poland have any brunette player in their lineup? :dance6:

Edit: oh yeag the starting OH is brunette.

#FreeBritney

• If you're gonna be doing bunch blocking then might as well block, right Poland Wing Blockers? :white:

#FreeBritney

• This is my first time seeing Poland. They look pretty big, strong and athletic. Always a problem for the little Asian teams I like. Color me impressed.

• On paper they have everything to be one of the best teams in the world. But in reality that is not the case, they just failed to qualify for the World Championship. They must work a lot on reception and learn how to play smart.

This is my first time seeing Poland. They look pretty big, strong and athletic. Always a problem for the little Asian teams I like. Color me impressed.

• The TALLNESS of the POL team overcomes the swiftness of the THA team... 3-1

THA - POL 1-3 (17 - 25, 25 - 22, 23 - 25, 25 - 27)

I foresee a slim chance for THA team to advance into SF by this defeat.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”