Women's Club World Championship 2017

• I think Dynamo is secured of the SF spot. Dynamo will have to play really bad for them to be beaten by Rexona. As someone here already said, Dynamo block is just too good for Rexona wing spikers to overcome. But in the bigger picture, I think the question is which team can compete with Vakif in the gold medal match? I just rewatched the match between Dynamo and Vakif and it was actually close until the second half of the second set when Dynamo's reception imploded and it all went downhill from there. If only Dynamo can maintain decent reception, and be more confident with their blocks, I think they can give Vakif a good fight.

• By the way, Volero needs only 1 set to secure the 1st spot in the group. Maybe if they win the first set today, will they lose on purpose the rest of the match so that Eczasibasi is eliminated?

• By the way, Volero needs only 1 set to secure the 1st spot in the group. Maybe if they win the first set today, will they lose on purpose the rest of the match so that Eczasibasi is eliminated?

Thought the same, but I doubt that. Aren't Volero's and Eczcis managers or head very close to each other, I mean both clubs in general?

• Lyubushkina such a weak blocker. I wonder what the coach is thinking. Rexona ahead 16-13

• Poljak can't kill a ball...but Kosianenko's sets are simply awful
    And Lyubushikna did a great job at blocking towards the end of the set.

• Rexona Libero pretty good at cleaning up the mess

• Moscow doesn't have another OH to replace Shcherban? Her attack percentage has been very low in this tournament...

• Scherban can't kill the ball again today.. maybe try Hodunova?

She is only Fabi...two time Olympic champion and the best libero of this generation

• She is only Fabi...two time Olympic champion and the best libero of this generation

FIVB should hire a commentator if they want to grow this sport. I'm just learning about these players. Fabi saved that first set for Rexona with a couple nice digs.

• Yep. Pankova needs to be out of the NT with this performance. :down:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I especially like #1 for Rexona. She's one of the smaller players but one of the beastliest. Excellent winning kill by her. Gabi. Rhymes with Fabi!

Does Brazil have a beauty contest that you have to win before you can try out for the volleyball teams? Geez

Fabi is the definition of what a libero should be. Great defense and smart player. She has lots of trick shots that are fun to watch. I don't think it is a coincidence that once Fabi stopped playing for the NT, the performance of the team suddenly goes down.

Yep. Pankova needs to be out of the NT with this performance.

i don't understand why Russia NT choose her to be the starting setter. there is nothing special about her setting. she is completely predictable. i prefer startseva million times better over her. but i guess it's just how russia play. nothing really spectacular. high hitting, hard hitting. their middles are basically useless in attacking.

• Fabi is the definition of what a libero should be. Great defense and smart player. She has lots of trick shots that are fun to watch. I don't think it is a coincidence that once Fabi stopped playing for the NT, the performance of the team suddenly goes down.

Totally agreed. And I would also add that Fabi is not only a great libero, but she is also an incredible leader for her teams. Her teammates and all the Brazil's NT and Rexona supporters trust a lot on her.

• Eczacibasi Istanbul vs NEC Red Rockets coming up. According to FIVB web site:

The average age of the Eczacibasi players is 27. The oldest NEC player is 27.
    The average height of the Eczacibasi players is 186cm. The tallest NEC player is 182cm.

Go Red Rockets :super:

• Gabi and Kim Hill both had their break out NT seasons in 2013. At that time during the Brazil vs USA summer matches Gabi showed a higher level of play. Obviously Hill has had greater success since but you have to love Gabi's exuberant play and that big arm swing.

If Gabi had even just a few of Kim Hill's inches she would be one of the top OH's in the world. She still is a great club player but her size really creates a negative against the really good tall blocking national teams which has limited her effectiveness as a Brazilian NT starter.

Still the duo of Gabi and Drussyla coupled with a couple of big blocking MB's and a tall OP might be enough to trust Brazil back into gold medal contention in Toyko20. China and Serbia are probably the favorites and the US is still an unknown as it looks like Karche is still unwilling to invite the best players at each position.