Women's Club World Championship 2017

• Im sorry but I do believe Hill deserves a Best OH award. Fabi best libero and Naz or Roberta as best setter. Ridiculous. And Kubra??? No offense to Gabi but she was horrible

• finally individual rewards are based on stats which was never the case before althought i m surprised by best second libero going to akman thought rasic had more blocks and thought mja ahad better % then japanese libero but if that isnt the case then they both deserved the rewards they got!

• wow that post of mine was crazy thought rasic had more blocks then akman for best second mb and that maja had better % as setter then that japanese 1

• The only way to beat Vakif is to receive well. Rexona didn't and this is what happens. Sad for them but well done to Vakif, they are the best.

As usual the individual awards are a little strange. Not sure why Juciely didn't get one, Gabi was not so good and while I don't think any setter was that great here, giving the award to the one who finished 7th is just odd.

• again all the rewards are based on stats and if m not mistaken maja was leading % of settings before last day and rasic was second on blocking stats seems they both had a bad day my individual reward team would be

Best OH: Zhu Ting
    2nd OH: Gabi
    Best MB: Maja Poljak
    2nd MB: Milena Rasic
    Best OPP: Tijana Boskovic
    Best Setter: Maja Ognjenovic
    Best Libero: Silvija Popovic

• More proof that setter awards should not be determined by statistics. They could have given it to any of one of Maja, Roberta or Naz, and it would have been an understandable choice. but choosing the setter from the seventh place team is just ridiculous. I honestly think that players from teams that aren't at least fifth place should be automatically out of consideration.

• well i disagree just cause someone was last doesnt mean they werent good 1 player can t make a whole team so why should a player suffer cause others in her team suck,would u think the same if zhu or boskovic or any other top player u like played for example in those 2 japanese teams and they came last what matters are stats and i just checked their stats on official site and rasic is indeed second but that japanese setter is way ahead of others

http://clubworldchampionships.…n.fivb.com/en/statistics/

• best ecz blokcers are hande at 7 place and tijana boskovic at 16 place and best ecz recieviers is hande at 7 place and jordan at 10 place rofl

• well i disagree just cause someone was last doesnt mean they werent good 1 player can t make a whole team so why should a player suffer cause others in her team suck,would u think the same if zhu or boskovic or any other top player u like played for example in those 2 japanese teams and they came last what matters are stats and i just checked their stats on official site and rasic is indeed second but that japanese setter is way ahead of others

http://clubworldchampionships.…n.fivb.com/en/statistics/

She is way ahead but it's not really a fair comparison because I bet she was always getting good passes while some other setters almost never were. Also the 5th-8th place teams have easier matches, she never had to play against the gold or silver medalists so of course it was easier for her. I didn't really see much of her but I'm sure she played well, not trying to take anything away from her just giving my opinion.

• i do agree with u partially cause playing for first 4 places aint the same as playing for last 4 spots but still 1 player can t play for the entire team so i think it is fair to base rewards on actual stats so there are no rewards given just cause someone made it to the finals that is my take on things

• Stats are fine for these awards, otherwise someone just gives their opinion. I don't know how to "judge" a setter, but as a fan of the Red Rockets, and the Japanese teams in general, I'm always a little frustrated at how many times I see one of the attackers reduced to simply saving the ball, and not getting a chance to actually kill it. I saw that in this tournament as well. So in that regard I don't think Yamaguchi is that great but her upbeat goofy court presence is a plus. (The NT setter Miyashita, on the other hand, makes up for her actual setting shortcomings by diving for balls and being all out relentless at keeping it off the floor).

• Stats are always good when they can be used but there is no good statistical way to measure how good a setter has been IMO you just have to watch and judge for yourself who is most effective. While I would have given the award to Naz, Roberta or Ogjnenovic I don't think any of them played that great so I don't really care. Congrats to Yamaguchi :drink:

• That is the thing in this Blog, a lot of people giving opinions, but how many of you did actually watch the games? And how many?

I think even sitenoise, that just joined the forum and is new to volleyball watch more volleyball and already understands more of volleyball than a lot of people on here.

Only someone that only watched the final will say Gabi did not deserve her award.

Gabi did not play that well in the final, but at the end of the day which player has played well while facing Vakifbank?!!, but she totally deserved her award. She was the 3rd best receiver overall, but best receiver among all OH, which makes her the best in her position. And she was 4th best score among all OH, only after Tandara,Drussyla and Zhu.

And who should be 2nd best MB was Ana Beatriz, because she was the BEST score among all MB and 3rd best Blocker. And 4th BEST server. But of course she won`t get a award and people won`t think she deserves maybe because she`s Brazilian?

And giving the award for the best setter based on the stats is fair, once is very hard to judge a setter`s performance, if you don`t use the stats you will be basically making a personal choice and everyone had a different taste.

• Totally agree with you.

Stats are always good when they can be used but there is no good statistical way to measure how good a setter has been IMO you just have to watch and judge for yourself who is most effective. While I would have given the award to Naz, Roberta or Ogjnenovic I don't think any of them played that great so I don't really care. Congrats to Yamaguchi :drink:

• Most people are saying Juciely deserves the award so I don't think this is about nationality. Ana Beatriz did play well and I said that on a previous page but I believe she only scored more than Juciely because Rexona were competing for top 4 places while Osasco were competing for last 4.