Women's Club World Championship 2017

• Lega announced that Conegliano will get a place at the World Club Chapionship since VakifBank already had a Wild Card. That might change a bit the Finals formule in Italian league in case conegliano qualifies to the Finals.

http://www.legavolleyfemminile.it/?p=72405

So we will have -
    Hisamitsu Springs (JPN)
    NEC Red Rockets (JPN)
    Rexona-Sesc (BRA)
    Nestle Osasco (BRA)
    Imoco Conegliano (ITA)
    VakifBank (TUR)
    Eczacibasi VitrA (TUR)
    Volero Zurich (SUI)

• I would guess we will have a Brazilian, Turkish and Japanese in each group..and then Conegliano at one side and Volero on the other.

I would do.

Pool A

Vakifbank
    Rockets
    Osasco
    Volero

Pool B

Rexona
    Vitra
    Hisamitsu
    Conegliano

• I know its a bit late but I would have loved and prefered to see Fenerbahce or Galatasaray instead of EczV again who had a bad season and is probably going to end 4th in the league.

Vitra is the defending World Champion though. It doesn't make sense for them not to be included.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Vitra is the defending World Champion though. It doesn't make sense for them not to be included.

I'm just a bit bored with Vitra and their never working 'All-Star' team. It would be really interesting to see either one of the teams I mentioned in WCh just for the sake of the tournament but I see why Vitra would be included.

• I'm just a bit bored with Vitra and their never working 'All-Star' team. It would be really interesting to see either one of the teams I mentioned in WCh just for the sake of the tournament but I see why Vitra would be included.

I'm bored with Volero making it in the list for like 5 straight times despite not being qualified through their own right.

EczV is more qualified than Volero. So I feel like it's justified they are included since they got something going on.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It's funny that Volero stopped hosting it but still manages to go every year. It's probably cheaper, right ? :thumbsup:

• I know it can be a little bit too early to say, but I think with these teams participating, Rexona have good chances of grabbing a medal, even being one of the cheapest teams in the tournament. They are so organized and every player knows their job on the court, differently from VitrA and Volero, for example, that have so much more money, but don't play like a team. Also they have Bernardinho on the bench, who is, in my opinion, the best coach volleyball has ever seen, that can make a huge difference for them. But, unfortunately, when you play against a team like VakifBank, that has so many stars and money, and, at the same time, is really organized, it gets really complicated to get a win.

Anyway, I think it will be a really good CWCH, and will be supporting Vôlei Nestle and Rexona.

• I wonder why teams as good as the winner of the CVA Women's Volleyball League (in the last season the winner was Jiangsu team) got no chance to take part in the FIVB "World" club tournament? Not good enough to compete at this club-level tournament?? What a bizarre and disappointing situation!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Volleyball.it published an interseting (and a bit shocking/polemic) article about the WCCh. I'll try to report you the main points.

http://www.volleyball.it/mondi…-partecipanti-non-limoco/

- (may be you all know that but I didn't) form 2015 to 2019 the right of the organization of the WCCh belongs to Eventcour by Stav Jacobi, president/ main sponsor (I didn't get which one or if he is both) of Volero. So it's obvious they'll have a wild card...

- in Losanna they said that for now only 7 teams are in the list. Imoco isn't among them!
    The last one will get a wild card (meaning, the 8th team will have to pay to partecipate)

- being European Champion, Vakifbank gave back the wild card (so, thwy will join the WCCh without paying)

- conclusion: if Conegliano wants to go, they have to pay the wild card, which they didn' expect at all since the wild cards had being given already. They expected they got the right to partecipate with that second place.

- Volleyball.it suggest that may be Fenerbache will go.

- the article ends with a consideration about the WCCh being every year more about money and buisness and less about sport itself...

My opinion: I do think it's right that the European Champion shouldn't pay for the wild card, but to accomplish that the FIVB should wait the end of the CL final 4 to give the Eueopean spot for the WCCh and the wild cards!
    As CEV shouldn't assaign the final4 before the pools are ended, for the record.

I would be surprised if Conegliano will pay for the wild card: if they get to the italian championship final it would be very tough and the will go there with very little hope of doing well... It doesn't seems really whorty to spend all that money (not only for the wild card, but for the travel etc)
    Plus, being selfish Italy has to play the WCh qualification so we need Mazzanti and probably few Conegliano players.

We will see.

The team partecipating for sure:

Hisamitsu Springs (JPN) – paese organizzatore
    NEC Red Rockets (JPN) – campione d’Asia 2016
    VakifBank Istanbul (TUR) – campione d’Europa 2017
    Rexona – SESC Rio (BRA) – campione di Sudamerica 2017
    Eczacibasi Vitra IStanbul (TUR) – wild card
    Volero Zurich (SUI) – wild card
    Volei Nestle OSasco (BRA) – wild card

1 – wild card da assegnare.

• And being selfish twice, I would like to have both Conegliano in the final and a 5 serie final.

I agree 101%.
    In the end, I hope Conegliano won't be given the wild card or, if they are, they'll decline it.

• I wonder why teams as good as the winner of the CVA Women's Volleyball League (in the last season the winner was Jiangsu team) got no chance to take part in the FIVB "World" club tournament? Not good enough to compete at this club-level tournament?? What a bizarre and disappointing situation!

I think they do get a chance to compete in the CWCh ... if they win the Asian Women's (AVC) Club Championship next month they will participate in the 2018 CWCh (with a group of players who might be different from the group that plays in the AVC Champ games next month--which is weird). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

[Edit] I am wrong. The flop year nonsense is stronger. Jiangsu will compete next year in the AVC Champ games. So the team you just watched play so well this year may get a chance to play in the CWCh sometime in the next decade.

• It's completely ridiculous that half of the participants in the supposed World Championships are wild cards. Like I said in another thread, this tournament is little more than an exhibition.

6 of the best teams in the world are there. Saying it is just a little more than an exhibition seems disingenuous at best.

#FreeBritney

• I also dont like that there are so many wild cards. However, as long as best club teams in the world would be there, I don't mind if they were qualified or invited. I don't think Conegliano deserved that neither. They reach the finals because Eczacıbaşı has to play against Vakıfbank at the semis. FB is stronger than Conegliano and with participation of FB, strongest teams in the world will be there. Since this is a club championship not NT level, one should not care about the countries these teams are coming from.

• since it is going to be "World Club Championship" there should be the best club representing all continents there, regardless of their level or so on -- just like the Olympics. let's say there is 6 best club representing each continent, then FIVB can add 6 more wildcards to the most deserving team.

• I agree.
    But I'm curious, does Oceania have a continental Championship? Honestly I've never heard of it. I've never heard of a Club from Oceania to be honest ^^'

Aren't Australia and New Zealand part of Asian Volleyball Confederation?

My guess is that they aren't just sending clubs in those tournaments that's why we aren't seeing them.

#FreeBritney