Women's Club World Championship 2017

• Aren't Australia and New Zealand part of Asian Volleyball Confederation?

My guess is that they aren't just sending clubs in those tournaments that's why we aren't seeing them.

Now that you say so it rings a bell, but I can't confirm it to be honest, I really don't remember it.

In that case, I think that 5 spots for the Continental Champions plus 3 wild card will be enough. At most, 5+5 with 10 teams.
    In case the Continental Championship are 6, 4 wild card with 10 teams.

More than 10 teams would mean too much matches: considering when the WCCh are scheduled I would really avoid it.

• Dinamo Moscow got last spot.

Sorry I didn't saw that someone already post it.

• Lets be real its all about the mpney...honestly I woulnt mind that if it was a private tournament, but as long as in the name of FIVB...it should be more than just the money....it needs to have a concern over the sport and its development...but we know its not their focus...

• It's really about the money unfortunately. FIVB isn't like FIFA which could sustain itself because of the popularity of the sports.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Clearly it is about the money but it's not as if Conegliano earned their spot. If they had beaten Vakifbank then they would be in but they didn't so they are not entitled to a spot IMO. What I do think is ridiculous is that Conegliano thought they had secured their spot by beating Dinamo as FIVB should have told them the rules. That is where FIVB did badly in this situation

• IMHO this is a complete corrupt approach by FIVB: increasing the wild card number and letting pay the clubs for them. The only reaon, that it doesn't totally screw up the group of participants is, that as in other team sports money usually wins matches and titles, so only the strongest clubs can afford to pay those "fees". And of course, Moscow has more money than Conegliano, so this outcome respective the reason behind it is rather obvious...

• IMHO this is a complete corrupt approach by FIVB: increasing the wild card number and letting pay the clubs for them. The only reaon, that it doesn't totally screw up the group of participants is, that as in other team sports money usually wins matches and titles, so only the strongest clubs can afford to pay those "fees". And of course, Moscow has more money than Conegliano, so this outcome respective the reason behind it is rather obvious...

Unless you want a Carribean or African clubs to bore everyone to death in a world club championship tournament then this is the lesser evil approach for everyone. :whistle:

I honestly would rather have the NCAA D1 champion play for the CWC than them. I'm serious. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Unless you want a Carribean or African clubs to bore everyone to death in a world club championship tournament then this is the lesser evil approach for everyone. :whistle:

I honestly would rather have the NCAA D1 champion play for the CWC than them. I'm serious. :lol:

I share your view regarding strength of teams, but this is a slightly different topic, I think.

• Tough draw for Osasco.

Rio has strong competition too but they can probably handle Dynamo, maybe they could turn Anne to an opposite if Monique gets stuffed. Vakifbank is quite scary though. They are not the same team who played last year in the same tournament.

#FreeBritney

• Rexona needs to play very fast against Moscow if they want to beat them. They are very tall team with great blocking.

• Tough draw for Osasco.

Rio has strong competition too but they can probably handle Dynamo, maybe they could turn Anne to an opposite if Monique gets stuffed. Vakifbank is quite scary though. They are not the same team who played last year in the same tournament.

Vakifbank are the best team but they're not invincible. Fenerbahce beat them 3-0 twice this year and Galatasary beat them easily in the TL playoffs so Rio will have a chance. All they have now that they didn't last year is huge mental and tactical advantage over Eczacibasi

• I'm a Red Rockets fan but they seem like kids in this competition. Maybe that's a good thing. Yeah, that's it.

• I'm a Red Rockets fan but they seem like kids in this competition. Maybe that's a good thing. Yeah, that's it.

They were magical last year in AVC Club Championship. They've beaten a team much taller than they are and convincingly won too.

I just hope they do well since they are battling 3 teams with experience and height. Even Hisamitsu is taller than them. They may need more than home advantage. I hope they become the underdogs and stick to that just like last year.

#FreeBritney

• They were magical last year in AVC Club Championship.

That's the show that cemented my fandom. [Video]
    It may be the only good HD video of NEC on the Internet. And it's great. Entertaining commentary and all the breaks are edited out. And they win! :cup:

I wish they play Yanagita next month to get the experience of a game with the big girls. From what I've seen of her she steps up when it counts. She's only 5'5"/168cm but what are ya gonna do? :D I think the rest of the team plays better when she's on the court.

Still don't know if Hisamitsu's Nagaoka is going to play. I hope her injury isn't major.

• Clearly it is about the money but it's not as if Conegliano earned their spot. If they had beaten Vakifbank then they would be in but they didn't so they are not entitled to a spot IMO

True, but Volero and Dinamo deserved it even less. I mean, if the wild card was free, Conegliano would have partecipated and it would have been deserved.
    For me the three European teams that deserves ti be there are Vaki, Eczacibasi as defending Champion and Conegliano as second in CL.

What I do think is ridiculous is that Conegliano thought they had secured their spot by beating Dinamo as FIVB should have told them the rules.

About that I totally agree. The main problem it's not who deserved it more (obviously it's more right that the CL champion goes freely to the WCCh), but FIVB should have waited to give the wild card to the teams in the Final4 or, as you correctly suggested, made perfectly clear how they would have invited the teams to the WCCh.
    I mean, even Legavolley said Conegliano was going!!

• And look at Pomi, they were second at last WCCH, even they deserved more that spot than Dinamo Moscow.

• And look at Pomi, they were second at last WCCH, even they deserved more that spot than Dinamo Moscow.

Did they want to pay for wildcard? I guess they got invitation.

• oh there is a thing called karma or what ever conegliano was basicly given a spot in the finals this year so i m very very happy they didnt give them a wildcard what goes around comes around and since when is ana antonijevic a member of volero again? i just read at some serbian newspaper that she gonna play for volero at wcch