Women's Club World Championship 2017

• Vakifbank played a friendly match with Volero, probably without Zhu. It was 2-2.

• Very excited for the tournament to start- have to say I am very disappointed that Jiangsu isn't in the tournament; far better team than both Hisamitsu & NEC Red Rockets. Either way, here is how I see the rankings heading into the tournament.

1.Vakifbank: Clear favourites, unless Zhu Ting/Milena Rasic get injured, I expect them to win this tournament.
    2.Eczacibasi: Finished the season poorly. They will need Boskovic STARTING & in top form to get a medal in this tourney
    3.Volero: With Mihajlovic I liked their chances a lot more, without her, I still think they're favourites for a medal.
    4.Rexona: Brazilian champs, well coached, balanced squad. See them challenging for a medal.
    5.Dynamo Moscow: Not a big fan of this team, play too slow, could see them getting upset by Japanese/Brazilian teams.
    6.Osasco: Solid team, will need a big tournament from Tandara, and a consistent Dani Lins setting.
    7.NEC Red Rockets: Japanese Champions- Jiangsu should be here instead of them.
    8.Hisamitsu Springs: Especially without Nagaoka, I expect them to be overmatched in this tournament.

• At a press conference,
    NEC's coach said Nikolova already returned to Europe 8|

• I love Nikolova because I like beasting, and she's a bad-ass, but I think NEC is a better team without her. They play faster and more unpredictably (no one is going to get 84 swings), and that's the only way NEC can beat the all-star teams from Europe and SA.

I assume this means more minutes for Yanagita, so ... :super:

• Dynamo Moscow might be better as in CL F4, where they were disappointing, but they won afterwards strong Russian league finals against Dynamo Kazan.

NEC Red Rockets were regularly qualfied via winning Asian club championship, the Chinese teams were there too, but failed to achieve that feat.

New Chinese champion Jiangsu was once here in Stuttgart (September 2016) for a friendly and while they were good, I was not too much impressed by their performance, to be honest.

• Mihajlovic isn't listed on FIVB CWC official site, so I would give them equal chances as Dynamo.. Vakifbank remains clear favourite. Vitra will at least enter SF for sure.

• I know it's 10 am in Japan but the hall is empty :sleeping:

• Zhou Ting is there

• Dynamo leading first TTO. I think Moscow block is strong enough, we'll see

• Lol Pankova spiked straight to the block. Vakif now leading 2nd TTO 16-14

• Not a big fan of her, but Gizem Orge is doing a great match so far, mainly in defense. And I don't get Moscow's coach putting Pankova on the same net as Zhu. Zhu will go over her every time

• Zhu got blocked in many balls, but I couldn't see if it was Pankova or Goncharova.

• Zhu 198 vs Pankova 178 :whistle: It was actually Poljak getting the touches on Zhu.

• Zhu 198 vs Pankova 178 :whistle: It was actually Poljak getting the touches on Zhu.

What I tried to say is that she did not go over the block all the time as the other user said she would

• If I were Moscow coach, I would sub Pankova for Vetrova.

• The girls must be extremely worn out, I wouldn't have wanted to play in this tournament after the long domestic league and CL.

• Pankova needs to lose weight. she is using so much energy to move that it affects her decision making. I honestly believe the coach is favoring Kosianenko for no advantage at all. Vetrova needs to come in or Dinamo will get a big whoopin here. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney