Women's Club World Championship 2017

• I know last two sets were quite easy for EczV but I don't think it's impossible for Osasco to beat Volero at all! This might get interesting... : D

• Carol's level has dropped significantly this season. Does dating her team mate caused thsi? She was a beast for the past 2 seasons in Brazil Superliga.

I didn't get to watch the match. How did it goes? Vakifbank sailed through easily?

you can check the stats on the website. 3:1 not easily. but the players of rexo are blocked so many times till get completely confused on the court. You can see that from their eyes. :wall:

• Very close first set between NEC and Volero

• Looks like Pool A will probably come down to Dinamo V Rexona

Pool B is more interesting but Eczacibasi have hurt their chances by losing 0-3 to Volero. Now ECZ need Volero to win 2 sets VS Osasco but Volero are already through so they may lack some motivation

• It will be another Vakifbank VS Vitra on the SF I guess. Hopefully Vitra will put up a fight for real for this one. It is completely embarassing for the club team with the most expensive line-ups in history to be beaten down over and over again. If Rexona beat Dinamo, then it will be Rexona VS Volero, in which I think it is anyone's game. Rexona might be able to reach the final.

• Does Maja Poljak speak Russian? Just curious it seems she doesn't have a a language barrier when she talks with her Moscow teammates. I was shocked to know she is already 34 yrs old :what: I guess she was even better when she was on her prime.

• Being a Red Rockets fan I'm sad they haven't even won a set yet, but I'm proud of their performance in game 2. They are so wildly over-matched by the Euro and SA teams, and after what I thought was an almost embarrassing performance in game 1 they came to game 2 with their typical upbeat attitude (when they could have adopted a defeated one), and could have (easily?) taken sets 1 & 3 if they'd quit with the service errors.

I was surprised how melancholy I felt this morning after the loss. I don't think the Red Rockets are the best team in the world, but they are the most fun to watch, for me. I love the respect their coach gives them, too. He may coach the heck out of them when I can't see it but once the game starts it seems like he turns everything over to them. They are so tiny, and mostly young, comparatively. It was endearing to me to see the Volero players literally knock them on their butts with serves, let alone spikes. Come on kids, win one for me.

Having said that, I'm disappointed that Japan didn't do more to fill the seats in that stadium. It's embarrassing. Maybe nobody wants to come and watch their teams get beat, but they should take a cue from the players and teams they love in terms of their own support and attitude. JVA recently announced a restructuring five-year plan (or some such), and one of the goals was to show the world that Japan loves volleyball more than anyone in the world. If they want to keep hosting these things, they should do more.

• Carol's level has dropped significantly this season. Does dating her team mate caused thsi? She was a beast for the past 2 seasons in Brazil Superliga.

I didn't get to watch the match. How did it goes? Vakifbank sailed through easily?

Roberta does not know how to set for Carol, that is the reason. She doenst have the precision, even tho they play together for ages now...

I see a lot fo you guys like Roberta, but honestly, I think she has still a long way to go, I think she makes a lot of precision errors... the sets are always a bit off for me, so spikers cant reach full potencial...I think she does not have much control of her place inside the court, so she has a hard time adjusting the position of the set when she moves, so the balls are always a bit to short, or a bit to far in the net....

Rexona attackers are much smaller then Vakif players, we cant even start to compete with that kind of game... so playing with most balls to Drussyla and Gabi is not wise....of couse they were blocked...she should have used more the MBs, I dont think she did set even 10 balls for each MB... and even if she did would have been really hard. Rexona needs stronger attackers to think about any success in future World Championships. Just for the stile of the European teams...I can see RExona beating Osasco many times, but honestly, when it comes to beat the Europeans I believe Osasco has much more chances, cause they do have strong attackers, in a good day, Bjelica, Tandara can compete with the European blocks, Rexona dont have that kind of player...

Drussyla got blocked a lot, that is true, she could have been a bit smarter soemtimes, but I admire her courage..and her attitude inside the court. She is not afraid to try. Gabi for me is the one that feels complete off her game.....she seems distracted, dont know....

• I don't think Rexona has any chance against Dinamo, unfortunally, Having those tall blockers against Monique, Gabi and Drussyla is just too much...even if if Juciely and Carol play the match of their lifetime, it won't be enough.

WIth the new format of this tournament (with 8 teams including 4 wild cards), which has been used in the past 3 or 4 years, there is no Brazilian team that can win the gold medal. I even think it will be unlikely that any Brazilian team ever reaches the final in the next few years.

Let's see if Osasco can beat Volero in straight sets. It is possible, but the semifinals against either Vakifbank or Dinamo will be almost impossible to win...

• Drussyla got blocked a lot, that is true, she could have been a bit smarter soemtimes, but I admire her courage..and her attitude inside the court.

Go easy on her - Drussyla hasn't been playing against european teams over her career. It takes time until she realizes how to play a different kind of game. We just have few tall blockers in Brazil. We will know in the future.

WIth the new format of this tournament (with 8 teams including 4 wild cards), which has been used in the past 3 or 4 years, there is no Brazilian team that can win the gold medal. I even think it will be unlikely that any Brazilian team ever reaches the final in the next few years.

I think it has nothing to do with the competition but with the brazilian ranking system. Our teams cannot build a strong roster even with a large budget. Besides Fabi, Rio doesn't have any brazilian player on the international level. Osasco isn't that different.

• Does Maja Poljak speak Russian? Just curious it seems she doesn't have a a language barrier when she talks with her Moscow teammates. I was shocked to know she is already 34 yrs old :what: I guess she was even better when she was on her prime.

I don't remember where I had read it. (language)Croatian is similar to Russian, so they could understand the other language well.

edit(I find the post)
    Croatian is slavenic language and it is the same language like serbian, bosnian, montenegrian.
    And czeck, slovak, russian is also slavenic language and we can understand each other partly.

• I don't remember where I had read it. (language)Croatian is similar to Russian, so they could understand the other language well.

edit(I find the post)
    Croatian is slavenic language and it is the same language like serbian, bosnian, montenegrian.
    And czeck, slovak, russian is also slavenic language and we can understand each other partly.

In Serbia Kyrillian letters are used as in Russia (in Bulgaria too, by the way).

• I think it has nothing to do with the competition but with the brazilian ranking system. Our teams cannot build a strong roster even with a large budget. Besides Fabi, Rio doesn't have any brazilian player on the international level. Osasco isn't that different.

Well, that's not what I said. What I meant is that in the old format (6 teams, including 1 African team and 1 North American team), it was easier to win the tournament. That's why Osasco won it in 2012 and Rio made it to the finals in 2013. Of course our teams have lower level, but you can't say it's only because of the ranking system. Even without ranking, we would never have teams with 4, 5 or 6 foreigners (NT level) playing at the same time. There is just not money enough in Brazil for that.

• In Serbia Kyrillian letters are used as in Russia (in Bulgaria too, by the way).

Well it is quite similar but at the same time a lot different.. Maybe if you listen carefully you can understand the context, but considering they talk fast, I don't think it's as easy.. However she would learn Russian a lot easier and quicker thank for example an Asian player, or Turkish