2017 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship, 25 – 31 May 2017, Oskemen / Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan

• 30 May 2017
    Kazakhstan Standard Time (UTC+06:00)
    Fifth-Eighth place play-offs
    30 May 11:30 Rebisco-PSL Philippines – Sarmayeh Bank Iran
    30 May 14:00 Vietinbank VC Vietnam – Taipei Taiwan Power Chinese

Semi-finals
    30 May 16:30 Supreme Chonburi Thailand – Tianjin Bohai Bank China (***SMMTV Online)
    30 May 19:00 Altay Kazakhstan – Hisamitsu Springs Japan (***SMMTV Online)

LIVE: YouTube
    Credit: Volleyball Cup
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DqqZQdZ45TxKZfQbXta4Q

***LIVE...(SMMTV Online)
    http://www.onlinethailand.net/tv_online/SMMTV.php

• 31 May 2017
    Kazakhstan Standard Time (UTC+06:00)

Seventh place match
    31 May 9:30 Rebisco-PSL Philippines – Vietinbank VC Vietnam
    Fifth place match
    31 May 12:00 Sarmayeh Bank Iran – Taiwan Power Chinese Taipei
    Third place match
    31 May 14:30 Tianjin Bohai Bank China – Altay Kazakhstan
    Final
    31 May 17:00 Supreme Chonburi Thailand – Hisamitsu Springs Japan

LIVE: YouTube
    Credit: Volleyball Cup
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DqqZQdZ45TxKZfQbXta4Q

• 2017 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…b_Volleyball_Championship

Final standing
    1. Supreme Chonburi Thailand
    2. Hisamitsu Springs Japan
    3. Tianjin Bohai Bank China
    4. Altay Kazakhstan
    5. Taiwan Power Chinese Taipei
    6. Sarmayeh Bank Iran
    7. Vietinbank VC Vietnam
    8. Rebisco-PSL Philippines

Awards
    - Most Valuable Player
    Fatou Diouck (Supreme Chonburi) Senegal
    - Best Setter
    Yao Di (Tianjin Bohai Bank) China
    - Best Outside Spikers
    Chatchu-on Moksri (Supreme Chonburi) Thailand
    Inna Matveyeva (Altay) Kazakhstan
    - Best Middle Blockers
    Pleumjit Thinkaow (Supreme Chonburi) Thailand
    Kristina Anikonova (Altay) Kazakhstan
    - Best Opposite Spiker
    Akane Ukishima (Hisamitsu Springs) Japan
    - Best Libero
    Mana Toe (Hisamitsu Springs) Japan

• I don't understand for example, why Tianjin played for China. The last championship was won by Jiangsu in the playoff finals against Zheyiang, so Tianjin was not even in the finals. Has anybody an explanation for this?

• I don't understand for example, why Tianjin played for China. The last championship was won by Jiangsu in the playoff finals against Zheyiang, so Tianjin was not even in the finals. Has anybody an explanation for this?

Tianjin was last year's champion. For some reason China and Japan always play their last year's champions. Jiangsu and NEC will play next year's Asian Club Championship.

• For some reason China and Japan always play their last year's champions

Scheduling issues and whatnot.

Japan sent their Hisamitsu B-team to the Asian Clubs this year and lost the opportunity to qualify for Next Year's World Club Championship because their A-team has already moved on to the NT. Color me upset.

I love the Japanese teams but these kind of scheduling decisions puzzle me. It's like they don't care much about qualifying for tournaments because they can just opt to Host them and qualify that way.

NEC has a good young team right now and it would have been a positive growth arc for them to have played the just ended Asian Club tournament (as THIS year's league champs they would have crushed everyone there) and qualified for the World Clubs.

Or ... this was a positive growth opportunity for Hisamitsu's B-team players. I'm cool with that. Figuring all this out is a growth opportunity for me :cheesy: :aww: :rolll: :D

• Congrats to Thailand on their Gold. :cup: But who, or what is the Supreme Chonburi VC Thailand Team? I thought Pleumjit Thinkaow played for Bangkok Glass. And Chatchu-on Moksri played for some other team. Do they just grab the best players around and add them to whatever team has the best chance of advancing/winning?

Not really complaining about it. I like those players, but, ya know. More weirdness.

• Congrats to Thailand on their Gold. :cup: But who, or what is the Supreme Chonburi VC Thailand Team? I thought Pleumjit Thinkaow played for Bangkok Glass. And Chatchu-on Moksri played for some other team. Do they just grab the best players around and add them to whatever team has the best chance of advancing/winning?

Not really complaining about it. I like those players, but, ya know. More weirdness.

You said it more kindly... the moment I watched the THA SC VC team, the immediate idea popped up was this was just another THA core NT plus a couple of players from Africa :-) LOL no wonder that club did so well! In SF they beat Tianjin 3-1. And Tianjin was just a pathetic, a loser team, in 2016 they also lost very tamely in some Asian club-level tournament (cannot remember what's that) to Hisamitsu. The captain, Chen Liyi, is a no go, hardly jump, too chubby to enjoy her play.

SMM 2017 Asian Womens’s Club Samruk Kazyna Volleyball Championship – Asian Volleyball Confederation – AVC
    http://asianvolleyball.net/smm…-volleyball-championship/

"Thailand's Supreme VC capture first continental title, will represent Asia on world stage"

Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, May 31, 2017 – Thailand’s Supreme VC captured the crown of the SMM 2017 Asian Women’s Club Samruk Kazyna Volleyball Championship by beating Japan’s Hisamitsu Springs, 3-1 (25-15, 25-23, 23-25, 25-13) at the Boris Alexandrov Sports Palace on Wednesday.

Supreme VC employed a game plan that utilised their quick middle attacks and their primary hitters Fatou Diouck (23 points) and Chatchu-on Moksri (17 points).

China’s Tianjin Bohai Bank bagged the bronze medal by winning 3-1 (20-25, 25-22, 25-22, 25-20) against Kazakhstan’s Altay VC. Middle blocker Zhang Xiaoting scored 20 points, with captain Chen Liyi scoring another 18 points. Altay VC’s hitter Yunieska Robles bested all scorers in the match with 28 points.

Thailand’s Supreme VC captured the crown of the SMM 2017 Asian Women’s Club Samruk Kazyna Volleyball Championship

Japan’s Hisamitsu Springs VC - The Runner Up

China’s Tianjin Bohai Bank VC - The Bronze Medalist

Best Players

Has any one noticed earlier? Kristina Anikonova - shirt #18 from Kazakhstan’s Altay VC is cute :rose:
    dunno why folks just mention the lesser player, Sabina Altynbekova :-) lol0

More info: http://asianvolleyball.net/201…sent-asia-on-world-stage/

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

Yes, Thinkaow and Moksri were added for this tournament (on the other side most talented player and best player of the season Kongyot played very little because of her ankle) as Altay signed Radulovic and Brakocevic only for this tournament. But I think Moksri will stay also next because Kongyot is leaving for some team in Europe.