Boris Yeltsin Cup 2017

• Boris Yeltsin Cup 2017 will be held from June 26 to 30 in Yekaterinburg.

Russia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey and Kazakhstan.

26 June, Monday
    16.00 Bulgaria – Serbia
    19.30 Russia – Kazakhstan

27 June, Tuesday
    16.30 Kazakhstan – Bulgaria
    19.00 Turkey – Russia

28 June, Wednesday
    16.30 Bulgaria – Turkey
    19.00 Serbia – Kazakhstan

29 June, Thursday
    16.30 Turkey – Serbia
    19.00 Russia – Bulgaria

30 June, Friday
    16.30 Kazakhstan – Turkey
    19.00 Serbia – Russia

Followed by closing ceremony

• The composition of Team Russia from Yeltsin Cup Official

Setter: Irina Filishtinskaya, Evgeniya Startseva, Tatiana Romanova

Attackers: Yana Shcherban, Maria Frolova, Anna Lazareva, Daria Malygina, Angelina Sperskayte, Yulia Kutyukova, Ekaterina Polyakova, Irina Voronkova, Ksenia Parubets (Ilchenko)

Middle Blocker: Irina Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Irina Fetisova, Ekaterina Evdokimova, Ekaterina Efimova

Libero: Ekaterina Tretyakova, Alla Galkina

http://www.russiavolley.com/10…russia-has-been-released/

• I wonder who will play for Turkey. I expect a similar squad to WGP squad. Guldeniz is for example on vacation now and it is only 12 days left to the tournament, so I guess players should be training together now already. I hope to watch Gamze with the NT finally! :box:

• 10 days left and Turkey's squad is the only one not announced. It is also funny that the players are not sharing a single picture from trainings (if there are any).

• Kazakh roster (from volley.kz):

S: Natalia Akilova, Aliya Batkuldina
    OP: Yekaterina Zhdanova
    OH: Radmila Beresneva, Katerina Tatko, Irina Kezhnebayeva (Shenberger), Inna Yakovelva
    MB: Lyudmilla Issayeva, Antonia Rubtsova, Yana Petrenko
    L: Tatyana Fendrikova, Diana Kempa

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• any links for the serbia v bulgaria match?

• Russia Kazakhstan will be streamed (on Uralochka yt channel) so I think BUL SRB should be showed too

• Sometimes I really do not understand why she can receive almost 60-90% of reception while Mihajlovic is only receiving not more than 10%.
    Isn't it a better tactic to serve more to Milhajlovic?
    Or the libero and Malesevic are that good to cover all the balls for her? What they are doing is not much different from doing 2-men reception?

Serbia-Bulgaria 3-0 (25-12. 25-15, 25-14)

Stats

Those numbers by Malešević :what:

• Wide rosters (except Turkey) here: http://yeltsincup.ru/?lang=en#team

BUL without Vasileva.

apparently looking into stats, Vasileva appeared :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sometimes I really do not understand why she can receive almost 60-90% of reception while Mihajlovic is only receiving not more than 10%.
    Isn't it a better tactic to serve more to Milhajlovic?
    Or the libero and Malesevic are that good to cover all the balls for her? What they are doing is not much different from doing 2-men reception?

Yes the libero and Malesevic cover Mihajlovic, it is pretty much a 2-man system. If the servers are really accurate sometimes they can force Mihajlovic to pass a few balls, but mainly she is covered. Malesevic is obviously not the star of the team or anything but she does a really important job. The Mihajlovic-Malesevic duo works a lot better than Mihajlovic-Nikolic ever did.

• Turkey's roster for Boris Yeltsin Cup 2017 :

S: Gamze Alikaya,Çağla Akın
    OHs : Fatma Yıldırım,Hande Baladın,Meliha Ismailoğlu,Şeyma Ercan
    OPPs : Polen Uslupehlivan,Melis Durul
    MBs : Kübra Çalışkan,Dicle Nur Babat,Beyza Arıcı,Aslı Kalaç
    Ls : Hatice Gizem Örge,Simge Şebnem Aköz

Gamze and Çağla are good enough for this roster
    Mbs are good for this cup.I guess Kübra and Dicle will be starting MBs. I hope we can watch Beyza and Aslı too
    as for the OHs : Fatma will be one of starting OHs.i guess the other one will be Hande
    liberos are ok.Gizem Örge will be starting libero.
    as for the OPPs : Polen will have to contribute a lot..I dont expect much from Melis Durul.i hope she can be usefull when entering the game.

Fatma and libero Örge should pass very well to help setter Gamze