Boris Yeltsin Cup 2017

• Maybe it is time for Goncharova and Kosheleva to switch positions? I feel like Voronkova may be that player who can be the next Sokolova. Stable OH. Maybe. Then Scherban can hopefully play back up when either Goncharova and Voronkova are struggling with the pass.

I have no issue with Koshe playing as OPP (since she can't receive anyway), but Goncha's unorthodox approach makes her hit the ball slightly better in Position 2.

• That, and I doubt that Goncharova receives better than Kosheleva. And both are now too old to seriously change positions when they were fairly successful for many years on their current position.

Goncha played left side and receiver during the london olympics and wch.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I have no issue with Koshe playing as OPP (since she can't receive anyway), but Goncha's unorthodox approach makes her hit the ball slightly better in Position 2.

Unfortunately, for russia, hitting isn't their issue, it's their passing. Kosheleva was like the sole reason they lost to Italy in the WCH cause she couldn't pass to save her life. Even Paul Sunderland was begging to replaced Kosheleva with Scherban because Italy was targeting Kosheleva instead of Goncharova. Goncharova can actually be a volume receiver and a way better digger than Kosheleva. So they might as well cut their losses and just do what they're good at instead. Or maybe just let Goncharova receive as an opposite. Sometimes I don't know what was Marichev thinking of converting Goncharova as an opposite when she's like their most stable passing attacker in their frey. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That, and I doubt that Goncharova receives better than Kosheleva. And both are now too old to seriously change positions when they were fairly successful for many years on their current position.

I agree. In Gamova's departure from NT 2012 onwards, I couldn't think Russia could have produced a better OPP than Goncharova. Then in 2015 she cemented her career and became the best opposite in the world and currently still one of the best in her position.

• I agree. In Gamova's departure from NT 2012 onwards, I couldn't think Russia could have produced a better OPP than Goncharova. Then in 2015 she cemented her career and became the best opposite in the world and currently still one of the best in her position.

Well too bad for Russia, being the best opposite in the world couldn't help them win important matches when their best hitter is their worst receiver and their best receiver is the worst hitter. Malova can only do so much for these girls. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I'm really worried about Ilchenko. She played very well in her club but NT she doesnt show anything :( I'm going to think her game depends on Babeshina ?( it's early to judge Ilchenko about her last performance but I do hope she will be good due with Startseva soon.

• Opp's again both really bad from Turkey. I dont excpect both of these two in WGP or any other upcoming tournaments anyway. On the other side both MBs doing very well. Im happy to finally see Beyza in NT and very pleased with her performance. Btw Dicle Nur playing quite well but she made A TON of serve errors during Russia and I dont know why.

Btw looking at Serbia Im pleasantly surprised with Lazarevic both in reception and attack this match :white: Not gonna lie I didnt expect much of her in NT though I liked her performance in Olympiacos.

• It's funny, whenever Russia has a new coach they suddenly shift towards a faster attacking style, more MB attacks, the setters look a lot better and the OHs seem more technical, but in the long run they always return to the "old Russian style". It was the same when Marichev took over in 2013, Pankova played very fast as long as Kosheleva and Goncharova rested, but once they were back in the team it was all back to sky balls.

Barakova is doing a very poor job for Bulgaria.

• i checked the stats of serbia-turkey match

Çağla Akın once again as starting setter
    good game by MB Beyza Arıcı 13 pts (with % 50 and 6 blocks)
    Dicle Nur had a good game too.
    seems Çağla set to MB Dicle Nur more than to OH Fatma Yıldırım.interesting!she is generally not that kind of setter! GUidetti factor maybe!
    many balls to Hande Baladın..she has 18 pts
    Fatma,Polen and Melis Durul's percent are pretty low! i imagine Çağla's sets to them shouldnt have been that perfect either!

both teams had 3 blocks
    nice to see Ana Antonijevic is back and playing..she nearly set as many to MB Stevanovicas as she did to OH Mihajjlovic.I just wonder why she set few balls to Veljkovic while she was having a good match! and just 10 balls to Malasevic!