You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

volleystar

Beginner

• "volleystar" started this thread

About me: go! go! go!

Favourite Team: Eczacıbası, Kenya women NT, Korea women NT, Turkey women NT, Hungary women NT, Peru women NT, Thailand women NT, İtaly women NT

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 8:30pm

Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

Beginning at 14 JULY

hope that youtube/laola will give the matchs.
Very hard matchs are waiting us :cup:

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 8:54pm

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 2:56am

The ranking of U18 WCh of this generation:
TEAM
1 Italy
2 USA
3 China
4 Turkey
5 Serbia
6 Germany
7 Russia
8 Poland
9 Japan
10 Argentina
11 Brazil
12 Belgium
13 Korea
14 Egypt
15 Mexico
16 Peru
17 Dominican Republic
18 Thailand
19 Chinese Taipei
20 Cuba

And dream team was:

First Outside Hitter Paola Egonu (ITA)
Second Outside Hitter Li Yingying (CHN)
First Middle Blocker Jovana Kocic (SRB)
Second Middle Blocker Zehra Gunes (TUR)
Opposite Hitter Kathryn Plummer (USA)
Setter Alessia Orro (ITA)
Libero Zang Qianqian (CHN)
Most Valuable Player Paola Egonu (ITA)

Egonu and Orro from Italy, Plummer from USA, Yingying from CHN and Balyko from Russia will not play in this competition whereas Kocic and Güneş will be the players to watch for sure. Also Kotikova, Vorobyeva, Kotova and Lazarenko from Russia, Aslıhan Kılıç, Tutku Yüzgenç and Tuğba Şenoğlu from Turkey, Lazoviç and Milojeviç from Serbia, Zannoni, Lubian, Melli and Piani from Italy, Ai from JPN are the players to keep an eye on.

POOL A

7-RUSSIA
14-EGYPT
15-MEXICO
BULGARIA (did not play in U18 WCh)

POOL B
3-CHINA
8-POLAND
16-PERU
17-DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

POOL C
2-USA
5-SERBIA
11-BRAZIL
20-CUBA

POOL D
1-ITALY
4-TURKEY
9-JAPAN
10-ARGENTINA

As you can notice Group D seems to be hardest pool while Group A is the easiest one. 6-Germany, 12-Belgium, 13-Korea, 18-Thailand and 19-Taipei couldn't make it to this level whereas Bulgaria is the only newcomer for this generation.

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 6:21am

Some absences:

Italy : Alessia Orro (S) and Paola Egonu (OH/OP)
USA: Alexis Sun (OH), Katherynn Plummer (OH/OP), Ronika Stone (MB)
Russia: Balyko (S)
Dominican Republic: Massiel Mattos (OP)
Peru: Lucia Magallanes (S), Diana de la Peña (MB), Valentina Carrasco (Libero)
Cuba: Melissa Vargas (she didnt play in U18, but this is still her category)
Argentina: Candelaria Herrera (MB), Maria Corbalan (OP)
Brazil: Beatriz de Carvalho (OH), Eduarda Cavatao (MB), Yvea Santos (1.98 MB), Pietra Jukoski (OH), Cassia Rauber (OH)
Serbia: Milojevic (Libero), Asonja (OP)

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 9:53am

As you can notice Group D seems to be hardest pool while Group A is the easiest one.

Also group C seems quite tough, but I don't know well the juniores teams (beside my Italy) so I may be influenced by the kwnoledge about the respective seniores. What do you think about it?

Anyway, how is it possible that the first of the ranking ended up in the pool with the fourth, while 2nd and 3rd are with low-ranked teams? O.o
The sepentine system doesn't work like that, we should be with the 6th as second stronger team... (8th if you don't put the host as head serie)
So, what formula did they use? Or they didn't use the ranking you posted?

Serpentine:
Host --> 1st --> 2nd --> 3rd -->
7th <-- 6th <-- 5th <-- 4th <--

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 1:27pm

As you can notice Group D seems to be hardest pool while Group A is the easiest one.

Also group C seems quite tough, but I don't know well the juniores teams (beside my Italy) so I may be influenced by the kwnoledge about the respective seniores. What do you think about it?

Anyway, how is it possible that the first of the ranking ended up in the pool with the fourth, while 2nd and 3rd are with low-ranked teams? O.o
The sepentine system doesn't work like that, we should be with the 6th as second stronger team... (8th if you don't put the host as head serie)
So, what formula did they use? Or they didn't use the ranking you posted?

Serpentine:
Host --> 1st --> 2nd --> 3rd -->
7th <-- 6th <-- 5th <-- 4th <--

Your serpentine system is right but the rankings that I wrote are from the U18 WCh of this generation whereas FIVB use the U20 ranking of previous generation, which is stupid because the results of previous generation does not represent the strength of current one. Since 1996 generation of Turkey was quiet bad (ended up as 10th in previous U20 WCh) they were not seeded and ended up in the same group with Italy :wall:

Pool C is not that hard since USA do not have their two best players in the roster. To me, RUS, CHN and SRB have quiet easy path to semis whereas 4th one will be the winner of ITA-TUR match :S

c4ndlelight

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USA, Brazil

Favourite Players: Tom, Hooker, Akinradewo, Sheilla, Ognjnenovic, Lloyd, Darnel, David Lee

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 5:44pm

Some absences:

Italy : Alessia Orro (S) and Paola Egonu (OH/OP)
USA: Alexis Sun (OH), Katherynn Plummer (OH/OP), Ronika Stone (MB)
Russia: Balyko (S)
Dominican Republic: Massiel Mattos (OP)
Peru: Lucia Magallanes (S), Diana de la Peña (MB), Valentina Carrasco (Libero)
Cuba: Melissa Vargas (she didnt play in U18, but this is still her category)
Argentina: Candelaria Herrera (MB), Maria Corbalan (OP)
Brazil: Beatriz de Carvalho (OH), Eduarda Cavatao (MB), Yvea Santos (1.98 MB), Pietra Jukoski (OH), Cassia Rauber (OH)
Serbia: Milojevic (Libero), Asonja (OP)

Ronika Stone will be there. She is playing as opposite. USA team

S: MacKenzi Welsh (Michigan); Norene Iosia (Hawaii)
OPP: Ronika Stone (Oregon); Holly Carlton (North Carolina)
MB: Brionne Butler (Texas); Regan Pittman (Minnesota); Rachael Kramer (Florida)
OH: Thayer Hall (Florida); Leah Edmond (Kentucky); Paige Hammons (Florida)
L: Tiffany Clark (Wisconsin); Gabby Curry (Kentucky)

Reception will be weakness of this team, but the attackers are incredible. USA will be very hard to stop if you are not acing them off the court.

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 5:46pm

the rankings that I wrote are from the U18 WCh of this generation whereas FIVB use the U20 ranking of previous generation, which is stupid because the results of previous generation does not represent the strength of current one.

Thanks for the explanation, that seemed to be the easier explanation but I wasn't sure.

whereas 4th one will be the winner of ITA-TUR match

Well, the formula let the first two of the pool pass, so there are chance both for Italy and Turkey...

From FIVB:

Quoted

The 16 teams will be divided into four pools of four teams each and will play a round-robin tournament. The top two teams from each pool will then be split into two further pools of four (Pools E and F), with the bottom two teams from the first round also divided into two pools of four (Pools G and H).

Zannoni, Lubian, Melli and Piani from Italy

Nice to notice for me that we have 5 players from the U18 that played in the ECh (2000), and probably few of them will be titulars: I would guess one OH and the setter.

I wonder who we will see as OH with Melli: I was thinking Pietrini, but then I realized Enweonwu could be an OH too, as far as I remember (both are born in 2000). The other OH is Pamio, 1998. We actually have only 5 OH/Opp (these for and Piani) and 5 MBs O.o

Zannoni will definitely be the starter as libero, while for the MBs I think Mancini and Botezat will be the starter, but the younger Lubian can definitely find space.
Last, I think Morello (2000) may be the starter setter.

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 3:48pm

Chinese NT:
2014 U17 ACH:
S - Jiang Jing, Cai Ya-qian
OP - Qian Jing-wen, Wang Yu-qi
OH - Li Ying-ying, Han Wen-ya, Liu Jia-yuan
MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Li Ya-nan
L - Zang Qian-qian, Xu Jia-nan (as a receiver)

2015 U18 WCH:
S - Jiang Jing, Zhang Zi-han
OP - Qian Jing-wen, Ou-yang Qian-qian
OH - Li Ying-ying, Wu Han, Liu Jia-yuan
MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Gao Yi

2016 U19 ACH:
S - Jiang Jing, Cai Ya-qian
WS - Qian Jing-wen, Wu Han, Cai Xiao-qing, Ou-yang Qian-qian
MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu

2017 U20 WCH:
S - Cai Ya-qian, Xu Xiao-ting
OP - Chen Pei-yan, Guan Rui-ge (both are changed)
OH - Wu Han, Cai Xiao-qing, Liu Jia-yuan
MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Yang Han-yu
L - Zang Qian-qian, Fang Jing (Xu Jia-nan is injured)

I don't know whether Fang Jing will be a libero or a "receiver" though in BRICS 2017, she was a (substitute) libero.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 3:51pm

Polish Team:
S: Alicja Grabka (Legionovia), Julia Nowicka (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
Opp: Martyna Łukasik (Trefl Kraków)
OHs: Oliwia Bałuk, Zuzanna Górecka, Aleksandra Lipska (Tauron Dąbrowa), Natalia Murek (Impel)
MBs: Aleksandra Gryka, Kinga Różyńska (Pałac Bydgoszcz), Martyna Świrad (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
L: Maria Stenzel (Impel), Justyna Łysiak (PTPS Piła)

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 6:04pm

Polish Team:
S: Alicja Grabka (Legionovia), Julia Nowicka (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
Opp: Martyna Łukasik (Trefl Kraków)
OHs: Oliwia Bałuk, Zuzanna Górecka, Aleksandra Lipska (Tauron Dąbrowa), Natalia Murek (Impel)
MBs: Aleksandra Gryka, Kinga Różyńska (Pałac Bydgoszcz), Martyna Świrad (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
L: Maria Stenzel (Impel), Justyna Łysiak (PTPS Piła)

Poland without some important players (in U18 ) like Rasinska, Michalak and Fedusio

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 8:24pm

Yes, Michalak is average player right now. She played somewhere in 3rd division last season.
Fedusio and Rasińska played in Orlen Liga (1st divison) and weren't that bad. The should be called to NT. And I also think Poland has other good liberos, like Kinga Drabek (1998 ), Karolina Portalska (1999) and Anna Bodasińka (1998 ). All of them played in Orlen Liga last season and were quite good but hadn't been invited to U-20 NT.

Friday, July 14th 2017, 2:17am

Kathryn Plummer (USA) is playing right now at WC U21 in beach volleyball :lol: u have any information about preparation matches? polish team played 2 friendly matches vs mexico(4:1 won) and japan(1:3 loss).

volleystar

Beginner

Favourite Team: Eczacıbası, Kenya women NT, Korea women NT, Turkey women NT, Hungary women NT, Peru women NT, Thailand women NT, İtaly women NT

Friday, July 14th 2017, 1:46pm

is there any links
how we could whatch the matches
any info?
pls
:sos:

Friday, July 14th 2017, 6:23pm

I was hoping FIVB would stream them. I guess not. I'll check the live Youtube area when things start rolling

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL…lzljtGhHN2E_jk0

Posted by ZodiacTTT: "Sidenote: Ugly japs trying to cheat in the set 2 is just so typical of them :down:" Reported as inappropriate but condoned by moderators who enjoy watching grumpy old men disrespect young women. Typical.

volleystar

Beginner

Friday, July 14th 2017, 6:49pm

yeap
so do i :)
I was hoping FIVB would stream them. I guess not. I'll check the live Youtube area when things start rolling

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL…lzljtGhHN2E_jk0

Friday, July 14th 2017, 8:19pm

Anyone with a stream?

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Friday, July 14th 2017, 8:58pm

Damn, I came here to ask for a live streaming link but I guess we're all in the same boat xD

I'm not so optimistic about FIVB channel since there is the Gran Prix airing, but I'm crossing my fingers...

Friday, July 14th 2017, 9:30pm

Volleyball Cup and Sport Volleyball are both deleted accounts now. They used to be streamers of stuff, but I bet FIVB would've put the clampers on them if they were still around.

Friday, July 14th 2017, 9:37pm

Maybe this link will have it.
http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/video…4%96f%E2%84%96f

Fivb will probably just stream the semis and finals like they did with the Men`s tournament.

Social bookmarks