First Outside Hitter Paola Egonu (ITA)
    Second Outside Hitter Li Yingying (CHN)
    First Middle Blocker Jovana Kocic (SRB)
    Second Middle Blocker Zehra Gunes (TUR)
    Opposite Hitter Kathryn Plummer (USA)
    Setter Alessia Orro (ITA)
    Libero Zang Qianqian (CHN)
    Most Valuable Player Paola Egonu (ITA)

Egonu and Orro from Italy, Plummer from USA, Yingying from CHN and Balyko from Russia will not play in this competition whereas Kocic and Güneş will be the players to watch for sure. Also Kotikova, Vorobyeva, Kotova and Lazarenko from Russia, Aslıhan Kılıç, Tutku Yüzgenç and Tuğba Şenoğlu from Turkey, Lazoviç and Milojeviç from Serbia, Zannoni, Lubian, Melli and Piani from Italy, Ai from JPN are the players to keep an eye on.

POOL A

7-RUSSIA
    14-EGYPT
    15-MEXICO
    BULGARIA (did not play in U18 WCh)

POOL B
    3-CHINA
    8-POLAND
    16-PERU
    17-DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

POOL C
    2-USA
    5-SERBIA
    11-BRAZIL
    20-CUBA

POOL D
    1-ITALY
    4-TURKEY
    9-JAPAN
    10-ARGENTINA

As you can notice Group D seems to be hardest pool while Group A is the easiest one. 6-Germany, 12-Belgium, 13-Korea, 18-Thailand and 19-Taipei couldn't make it to this level whereas Bulgaria is the only newcomer for this generation.

• Some absences:

Italy : Alessia Orro (S) and Paola Egonu (OH/OP)
    USA: Alexis Sun (OH), Katherynn Plummer (OH/OP), Ronika Stone (MB)
    Russia: Balyko (S)
    Dominican Republic: Massiel Mattos (OP)
    Peru: Lucia Magallanes (S), Diana de la Peña (MB), Valentina Carrasco (Libero)
    Cuba: Melissa Vargas (she didnt play in U18, but this is still her category)
    Argentina: Candelaria Herrera (MB), Maria Corbalan (OP)
    Brazil: Beatriz de Carvalho (OH), Eduarda Cavatao (MB), Yvea Santos (1.98 MB), Pietra Jukoski (OH), Cassia Rauber (OH)
    Serbia: Milojevic (Libero), Asonja (OP)

• As you can notice Group D seems to be hardest pool while Group A is the easiest one.

Also group C seems quite tough, but I don't know well the juniores teams (beside my Italy) so I may be influenced by the kwnoledge about the respective seniores. What do you think about it?

Anyway, how is it possible that the first of the ranking ended up in the pool with the fourth, while 2nd and 3rd are with low-ranked teams? O.o
    The sepentine system doesn't work like that, we should be with the 6th as second stronger team... (8th if you don't put the host as head serie)
    So, what formula did they use? Or they didn't use the ranking you posted?

Serpentine:
    Host --> 1st --> 2nd --> 3rd -->
    7th <-- 6th <-- 5th <-- 4th <--

• Your serpentine system is right but the rankings that I wrote are from the U18 WCh of this generation whereas FIVB use the U20 ranking of previous generation, which is stupid because the results of previous generation does not represent the strength of current one. Since 1996 generation of Turkey was quiet bad (ended up as 10th in previous U20 WCh) they were not seeded and ended up in the same group with Italy :wall:

Pool C is not that hard since USA do not have their two best players in the roster. To me, RUS, CHN and SRB have quiet easy path to semis whereas 4th one will be the winner of ITA-TUR match :S

• Ronika Stone will be there. She is playing as opposite. USA team

S: MacKenzi Welsh (Michigan); Norene Iosia (Hawaii)
    OPP: Ronika Stone (Oregon); Holly Carlton (North Carolina)
    MB: Brionne Butler (Texas); Regan Pittman (Minnesota); Rachael Kramer (Florida)
    OH: Thayer Hall (Florida); Leah Edmond (Kentucky); Paige Hammons (Florida)
    L: Tiffany Clark (Wisconsin); Gabby Curry (Kentucky)

Reception will be weakness of this team, but the attackers are incredible. USA will be very hard to stop if you are not acing them off the court.

• the rankings that I wrote are from the U18 WCh of this generation whereas FIVB use the U20 ranking of previous generation, which is stupid because the results of previous generation does not represent the strength of current one.

Thanks for the explanation, that seemed to be the easier explanation but I wasn't sure.

whereas 4th one will be the winner of ITA-TUR match

Well, the formula let the first two of the pool pass, so there are chance both for Italy and Turkey...

From FIVB:

The 16 teams will be divided into four pools of four teams each and will play a round-robin tournament. The top two teams from each pool will then be split into two further pools of four (Pools E and F), with the bottom two teams from the first round also divided into two pools of four (Pools G and H).

Zannoni, Lubian, Melli and Piani from Italy

Nice to notice for me that we have 5 players from the U18 that played in the ECh (2000), and probably few of them will be titulars: I would guess one OH and the setter.

I wonder who we will see as OH with Melli: I was thinking Pietrini, but then I realized Enweonwu could be an OH too, as far as I remember (both are born in 2000). The other OH is Pamio, 1998. We actually have only 5 OH/Opp (these for and Piani) and 5 MBs O.o

Zannoni will definitely be the starter as libero, while for the MBs I think Mancini and Botezat will be the starter, but the younger Lubian can definitely find space.
    Last, I think Morello (2000) may be the starter setter.

• Chinese NT:
    2014 U17 ACH:
    S - Jiang Jing, Cai Ya-qian
    OP - Qian Jing-wen, Wang Yu-qi
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Han Wen-ya, Liu Jia-yuan
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Li Ya-nan
    L - Zang Qian-qian, Xu Jia-nan (as a receiver)

2015 U18 WCH:
    S - Jiang Jing, Zhang Zi-han
    OP - Qian Jing-wen, Ou-yang Qian-qian
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wu Han, Liu Jia-yuan
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Gao Yi

2016 U19 ACH:
    S - Jiang Jing, Cai Ya-qian
    WS - Qian Jing-wen, Wu Han, Cai Xiao-qing, Ou-yang Qian-qian
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu

2017 U20 WCH:
    S - Cai Ya-qian, Xu Xiao-ting
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Guan Rui-ge (both are changed)
    OH - Wu Han, Cai Xiao-qing, Liu Jia-yuan
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Yang Han-yu
    L - Zang Qian-qian, Fang Jing (Xu Jia-nan is injured)

I don't know whether Fang Jing will be a libero or a "receiver" though in BRICS 2017, she was a (substitute) libero.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Polish Team:
    S: Alicja Grabka (Legionovia), Julia Nowicka (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
    Opp: Martyna Łukasik (Trefl Kraków)
    OHs: Oliwia Bałuk, Zuzanna Górecka, Aleksandra Lipska (Tauron Dąbrowa), Natalia Murek (Impel)
    MBs: Aleksandra Gryka, Kinga Różyńska (Pałac Bydgoszcz), Martyna Świrad (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
    L: Maria Stenzel (Impel), Justyna Łysiak (PTPS Piła)

• Polish Team:
    S: Alicja Grabka (Legionovia), Julia Nowicka (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
    Opp: Martyna Łukasik (Trefl Kraków)
    OHs: Oliwia Bałuk, Zuzanna Górecka, Aleksandra Lipska (Tauron Dąbrowa), Natalia Murek (Impel)
    MBs: Aleksandra Gryka, Kinga Różyńska (Pałac Bydgoszcz), Martyna Świrad (BKS Bielsko-Biała)
    L: Maria Stenzel (Impel), Justyna Łysiak (PTPS Piła)

Poland without some important players (in U18 ) like Rasinska, Michalak and Fedusio

• Yes, Michalak is average player right now. She played somewhere in 3rd division last season.
    Fedusio and Rasińska played in Orlen Liga (1st divison) and weren't that bad. The should be called to NT. And I also think Poland has other good liberos, like Kinga Drabek (1998 ), Karolina Portalska (1999) and Anna Bodasińka (1998 ). All of them played in Orlen Liga last season and were quite good but hadn't been invited to U-20 NT.

• Kathryn Plummer (USA) is playing right now at WC U21 in beach volleyball :lol: u have any information about preparation matches? polish team played 2 friendly matches vs mexico(4:1 won) and japan(1:3 loss).

• I was hoping FIVB would stream them. I guess not. I'll check the live Youtube area when things start rolling

https://www.youtube.com/playli…JhHKq0MhIplzljtGhHN2E_jk0

• Anyone with a stream?

• Damn, I came here to ask for a live streaming link but I guess we're all in the same boat xD

I'm not so optimistic about FIVB channel since there is the Gran Prix airing, but I'm crossing my fingers...

• Volleyball Cup and Sport Volleyball are both deleted accounts now. They used to be streamers of stuff, but I bet FIVB would've put the clampers on them if they were still around.