Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• Nothing like a service fault to lose a set :lol:

China up 2-0

A gift from Russian team :D

the RUS team trailed 2-3 pts then led till 16-12 but couldn't maintain it, CHN caught up and took over the lead till finish line.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• The Chinese team leads 16-11 over the Russian team in the 2nd TTO... the end is getting close.

17-11 forced RUS to call TO!

The Chinese middle attacks are quite effective... and they block effectively.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Congratulation!! The Chinese U20 Team is the new Women's U20 World Champion!! :cup: :cup:

CHN v RUS 3 - 0 (25 - 22, 25 - 22, 25 - 16)

Congratulations to All Medal Winner Teams:

China - Gold
    Russia - Silver
    Japan - Bronze

In earlier 3/4 match JPN bt TUR 3 - 2 (19-25, 25-20, 18-25, 25-20, 15-12)

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Yeeah, baby!

• Congrats China!
    They have bright future at least next 10 years :cup:

On the other hand, Russian players lack concentration during this game.
    But 2nd place is still great achievement, congrats!

• maybe she takes MVP?

#11 will probably get it.

• The arena is still packed for the award ceremony. And this is because Mexico Team is not even there. And arena for the men`s U20 was nearly empty.

The crowd in this tournament was something special. Well done Mexico!!!!

• Congrats to all the winners. I saw a bug on the floor during presentation.

• I was right. Yang Hanyu got the MVP. She was the most consistent through the tournament for China.

• Viva Mexico for great tournament and atmosphere. I feel bad for the fans next season due to WGP changes. SMH.

• Fully agree. They deserve a medal

I'll vote in... but if only they will provide the real HD replays of more matches online (aside from the quasi-HD files of the several matches incl. the last four)... HD replays of matches from Pool E and F will be adequate :D :P

• Yep Congratz Japan! It was a very exciting bronze medal match.

I still liked some of the Turkish girls and they are young have time to learn from their mistakes. Zehra was good, Yasemin too. I dont know who Sahin is but she was good too, also Tutku was ok. Tuğba was non existent today and she is supposed to be a key player so she needs to step up.

according to the stats : Tuğba 20 pts..Tutku 16 pts and 13pts ?(

• Congrats Japan for the bronze..they deserved at least a medal with what they did in this tournament..good for them.Turkish girls could have also won too..it was a challenging match

good that some players shined in this tournament and this is the most important part of this age group

Zehra Güneş did 7 blocks in bronze medal match She and Yasemin were like block machine during the tournament.
    Zehra Güneş with 45 blocks (1,29 block per set) has been the best blocker ,far ahead of her rivals ,bravo!
    Yasemin Güveli has ben third best blocker with 29 blocks (second best with the number of her blocks)

Tuğba Şenoğlu second best scorer with her 118 pts and second best receiver with % 41
    libero Eylül Akarçeşme is second best digger (the best with the number of her digs)

i couldnt watch the matches and these three players came out as the best players of Turkey i dont know what the setter,libero and other players did...Tutku Burcu with her perf. disappointed me

btw..congrats to China for the gold and Russia for the silver..i didnt expect it would be that easy for them to beat Russia 3-0 which was only unbeaten team..that could be at this age group

• The Women's U20 World Championship - FIVB's 'Dream Team'
    Mexico, 2017-07-23

From left to right: Tamaki Matsui (JPN / Setter), Nyeme Victória Alexandre Costa (BRA / Libero), Wu Han (CHN / OH),
    Tugba Senoglu (TUR / OH), Zehra Gunes (TUR / MB), Yang Han-yu (CHN / MB / MVP), and Anna Kotikova (RUS / OP)

Final Standings:
    1. China, 2. Russia, 3. Japan, 4. Turkey, 5. Brazil, 6. Poland, 7. United States, 8. Bulgaria, 9. Italy, 10. Serbia, 11. Dominican Republic, 12. Argentina, 13. Mexico, 14. Peru, 15. Cuba, 16. Egypt.

• This tvmas pscp stream of the JPN v TUR Bronze match only goes through 4 sets and then punts. If someone comes across a good HD video of the full match please post here
    https://youtu.be/d1f8aPj9RkA

For posterity, although I bet they get taken down soon:

2017.07.23 U20 World Champ Final CHN v RUS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UocMI9RAF0

2017.07.22 U20 World Champ Semi CHN v TUR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZqdXvhC0ew

Heck, I can't find the JPN v RUS youtube again. Must have been taken down (glad I downloaded it!)