Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• After Chinese U20 lost to Poland, I feel it is hard to enter Top 8 by winning the strong Dominican Republic.
    Despite the lack of many people such as Li Ying-ying, Qian Jing-wen and Gao Yi,
    I still hope that the team create the miracle.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• After Chinese U20 lost to Poland, I feel it is hard to enter Top 8 by winning the strong Dominican Republic.

Just be faithful! Miracles do happen every where any time... esp. in the volleyball games... :P :dance4: :P

Btw what a bizarre kind of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP it is... what kind of "World" attribute to attach there when the matches are mostly kept in dark, hardly being seen any where ??? My gosh, a very 3rd worlder's quality! Worse than those Olympic matches!!! :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I wanna see that JPN v TUR game! X(

• very poor game by Tuğba Şenoğlu..Turkey could have won if she had played a good game... Very good game by MB Yasemin Güveli 21 pts (9 blocks) :super:
    good game by Japanese Ai Kurugo :thumbup:

i feel Turkey could have a very good MB ( i mean/i hope worldclass ) with Yasemin Güveli in case she works hard...sure i have to watch her longer to have a more certain opinion...mine is just first impression!
    i hope she could be as i expect her to be..

No miracle was needed. Wu Han came alive after a poor offensive game against Poland. Yang Hanyu got another good game.

• Vow Serbia chocked big time, they had the game in the bag, leading 2-0 and 21-18 in the 3rd but lost 24-26, In the 4th they were leading 8-2, 18-16 and lost 25-23, in the 5th they had 5-3 and let USA go on a 5 run 5-8. They saved 3 match points in the end but it was not enough.

At least Lazovic was the best player of the game.

• China beat the defending champion (2015), Dominican Republic, 3-0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-17) to top the Pool B while POL bt PER 3-1 to come in second. "WU Han scored four aces on her 22 points, followed by YANG Hanyu with 17 points to outplay Dominican’s overall 12-6 margin in blocks."

China and Poland move into top eight, along with RUS & BUL, BRA & USA, and JPN & TUR.

The Serbian team in Pool C suffered the bitterest defeat from the USA in their last match, thus surrendered the top eight berth to their opponent. Led in the first two sets, they lost in subsequent sets by the narrowest 2-point margin, SRB - USA 2-3 (25 - 22, 25 - 10, 24 - 26, 23 - 25, 15 - 17), must be quite painful :roll:

Ha ha ha :lol: :rolll: ... an inaccessible :mad: World Championship... :woohoo: just allowed to read scores :D :P :bump: :olympia:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Turkish MBs are doing quite well. Against Argentina Zehra Gunes made 11 blocks while against Japan Yasemin Guveli made 9 blocks :super:

So far failur of ITA&SRB are the surprises of group stage while JPN and BRA seem to step up their game. The groups will be

RUS
    POL
    BRA
    TUR

BUL
    CHN
    USA
    JPN

• Egonu would make different if she was not with senior NT nowadays, she fits this age game actually....therefore, the new U18 champion ITA lost the eight spot didnt surprise me at all.
    however, SRB didnt made it after a 2-0 leading USA and Lazovic scored incredible 32 points couldnt save from the kicking out....it really shocked me and i dont think USA is strong enough..

now i have moved my concern and attention to the final 8 playoffs, CHN, JPN, USA, BUL (relatively weaker group, China has more advantage to win over the others);
    the other group RUS, POL, TUR, BRA (more balanced and who enters F4, cannot tell now)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• China had a tough opening match against the USA in its pool match in the Top-8, won in 3-2... rather strange, the first two sets went on tightly then things got much easier in the 3rd & 4th sets and again narrowly decided in the last set (23 - 25, 30 - 28, 25 - 16, 10 - 25, 15 - 13).

This important, narrowly decided match can be the decisive one on whether or not a team is qualified for the SF.

Other results:

POL is leading 2-0 against BRA...

JPN v BUL 3 - 0
    RUS v TUR 3 - 1

And the remaining matches for classification purpose:

DOM v CUB 3 - 0
    ITA v EGY 3 - 0
    SRB v PER 3 - 0
    ARG v MEX 3 - 0

-- score/news fun only, no visual coverage -- :lol: :rolll: :dance4: :bump:

• All games from the Top 8 are being streamed live on facebook ( It was posted earlier) and they are available on reply.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ay…videos/?ref=page_internal

I`m surprised Brazil lost in 3 for Poland.

Thanks rbdfabio, you're the saviour, I should have missed this fb thing earlier :D finally a World Championship that sees the light... though still through a blurred lens :whistle:

Update: the fb video is a low resolution one, e.g. a nail-biting 5-set match of CHN v USA has just size of 500+ MB... it comes out the fb video resolution is 640p x 360p, great for watching in a smartphone screen :D

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• Zehra Güneş made 8 blocks again :white: :super: