Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• the fb video is a low resolution one

Yeah, low res video, by a single unmoving camera up in the stands at the net. I imagine a fan cam. I don't know who would pay for a dozen HD cameras and the people to operate them. And even though it rubs my sense of entitlement the wrong way, I understand that, after all, it is just a group of teenage girls playing volleyball on the other side of the planet (from me). I would have been happy with watching replays, in the name of research, uploaded after the fact, but I doubt these games are even being broadcast anywhere to be uploaded later. I dunno.

It may be easier for fans of other nations whose players have more diverse body types and hairstyles, but with the Japanese I can't even tell who is who outside of Kurogo (because she wears pants, is tall, and I recognize her jumping style).

I think someone mentioned at least the finals may be broadcast/streamed for us to enjoy. That would be cool, especially if Japan is in them :D I think they will be. :super:

• Yeah, low res video, by a single unmoving camera up in the stands at the net. I imagine a fan cam. I don't know who would pay for a dozen HD cameras and the people to operate them. And even though it rubs my sense of entitlement the wrong way, I understand that, after all, it is just a group of teenage girls playing volleyball on the other side of the planet (from me). I would have been happy with watching replays, in the name of research, uploaded after the fact, but I doubt these games are even being broadcast anywhere to be uploaded later. I dunno.

It may be easier for fans of other nations whose players have more diverse body types and hairstyles, but with the Japanese I can't even tell who is who outside of Kurogo (because she wears pants, is tall, and I recognize her jumping style).

I think someone mentioned at least the finals may be broadcast/streamed for us to enjoy. That would be cool, especially if Japan is in them :D I think they will be. :super:

I guess you didn't follow the 2016 Asian Women's U19 Volleyball Championship held in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, from 23 July to 31 July 2016.

Some Thai Sports channel broadcast the matches live, and they also made the matches available live through online streaming at youtube, or some Thai volleyball fans relayed that broadcast live in youtube and others. If live stream was not available, the replay would soon be uploaded, and in 720HD quality :-)

Browse them here for some idea:
    https://www.youtube.com/result…nship&sp=EgIgAQ%253D%253D

And you may check as well for other Asian age bracket championship, how about the TV & live stream and replay video availability.

Therefore for a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, FIVB was supposed to REQUIRE a good TV coverage from the host country (one of the prerequisite for any would-be host), at worst case just made own high quality records and uploaded them online after the matches. Sorry to say, but if country like MEX couldn't afford such coverage/facility, then FIVB should not hold the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP there.

What kind of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP with such laughable match recording quality... what kind of publicity FIVB is seeking for from such poor coverage??? It's quite unimaginable! SPEECHLESS ?( :wall: :wall:

Even an equivalent continental tournament in ASIA has much higher quality coverage... :P :rolll:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I guess you didn't follow the 2016 Asian Women's U19 Volleyball Championship held in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, from 23 July to 31 July 2016.

That was before my time :) First Volleyball game I ever watched was from Rio OG. But I have gone back and watched some of the matches from the tournament you mention. That is where I discovered WU Han!

I was pretending to be reasonable and understanding, accepting of my fate to be deprived of what I had been, naively, planning to watch for months, assuming they would be streamed to me. I don't even want to get into the Facebook angle of this story.

Wiki says this is the 19th edition of this World Championship. I wonder if it has it ever been Streamed

Way to "Grow the Game" FIVB

• Japan is in .......... :drink: after crushing USA in 3-0. Assuming China will beat Bulgaria, tomorrow China vs Japan will decide who will grab #1 in the group.

• Japan is in .......... :drink:

:drink:

• I just looked at the stats, because that's all there is to look at, and it seems my little Red Rocket with the super model haircut, Shiori Aratani, had a pretty good game. :win:

• As much as I want to see the games that facebook stream is really slumming. Half the time the camera goes out of focus. I guess there's something to be said for playing it live to sort of live it while it's happening. I wish I understood Spanish, and could somehow divine the score without trying to keep track of it point by point on a sheet of paper or something. But then again, even though I want Japan to win, I don't really care who wins. I want to watch them to research the youngsters, and I can't tell very easily who is who from those streams.

okay, I'll turn off my beotch-mode now. Thanks for keeping us updated!

• Both USA and Brazil got eliminated.

• Bulgaria is out as well.

Semis - China,Japan,Russia and Poland/Turkey.

Asia vs Europe. :box:

Japan looking good to win it all. I'm surprised USA has never won a medal in this age group.

• China better strives very hard to top the pool, Russia seems to be mighty at the other end, better let Japan deals with the bear... ha ha :D :drink:

As much as I want to see the games that facebook stream is really slumming. Half the time the camera goes out of focus. I guess there's something to be said for playing it live to sort of live it while it's happening. I wish I understood Spanish, and could somehow divine the score without trying to keep track of it point by point on a sheet of paper or something. But then again, even though I want Japan to win, I don't really care who wins. I want to watch them to research the youngsters, and I can't tell very easily who is who from those streams.

okay, I'll turn off my beotch-mode now. Thanks for keeping us updated!

I stopped watching the fb stuffs when found out all the crappy resolution there... fixed camera, no score info onscreen (like you said must use paper sheet tally)... so disappointing for a World Championship attribute... a hollow one :wall: :wall: and MEX is simply not qualified for hosting a WCh tournament...

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Turkey beat Brazil and Turkish MBs did a good job at blocking again..this is pleasing..one match Zehra other match Yasemin..Yasemin Güveli had 7 blocks.Zehra Güneş 5 blcks..finally Tuğba Şênoğlu had a good game.Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç has been playing badly in this tournament (on paper) we cant see the sets but she is expected to play better..she's got the chance of playing in TL at times

Brazil's Tainara Lemes Santos had a game, Lorena Giovana Viezel as well.

on the tournament : Japan has been doing well so far..They may get the gold...Russia has been doing well too..Turkey vs Poland match will be tough one..both beat Brazil and lost to Russia

Japan and Russia are most probable medal candidates

Guessing Japan will top the pool beating China..Turkey/Poland will play Japan and China will play Russia..right ?

i predict Japan vs Russia for the gold and Turkey/Poland vs China for the bronze :D

• I think if Plummer was playing for the Us team they could have chances for medal...maybe...

Stanford Univ did not allow her to join any indoor because it might injure her. She's currently the rookie of the year and NCAA a champion. They did however allow her to play on the beach and she won a bronze medal U21 worlds.

Alexis Sun wasn't also allowed to play for this team. She is an incoming rookie for the University of Texas where Hooker came from and runner up to Stanford. Sun is the top recruit for this coming school year.

This girls could've helped the US team to win a medal if not the gold.