Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• Well if we will think this way, Serbia could win it all if they had Boskovic, and Italy if they had Egonu,Orro,Guerra.

Tijana Boskovic and Anastasia Guera dont belong to this age group. Egonu and Orro yes. Most of the time, USA doesnt send their best line up in U20 tournaments, that´s why they dont have any medal in this category. Just 2 times 4th place.

• Boskovic is 20 born in 1997.

They must be under 20? I was thinking it was 20 and under.

Tijana Boskovic and Anastasia Guera dont belong to this age group. Egonu and Orro yes. Most of the time, USA doesnt send their best line up in U20 tournaments, that´s why they dont have any medal in this category. Just 2 times 4th place.

• okay, I'm slumming here. China took the first set. They look a little stronger at this point. Japan is doing a bunch of high floaty sets. I don't get that. Everyone looks taller due to the bad aspect ratio.

• Tough call on set point on the over-reach on the overpass goes against Japan. Down 2-0.

• What will happen if japan will lose this game against China? Still a chance to be in the finals?

• What will happen if japan will lose this game against China? Still a chance to be in the finals?

Loser will likely play Russia in semis. So both teams want to win.

• Loser will likely play Russia in semis. So both teams want to win.

Thank you. I'm still hoping that japan can pull this off to win :)

• Japan choked at the end. 3-1 China. I hope this isn't a foreshadow of tomorrow's Japan v China. I think I may have jinxed Japan by watching

• Looks like China vs Turkey and Russia vs Japan in the semis.

• I said about Plummer because she was with the Us team the won silver with the U18 (she decided to play the U21 Beach Volleyball Wch that happened in China at the same time instead), but yeah, it also applies to Italy with Orro and Egonu...why not...

• FIVB has not announced anything yet about streaming the semi-finals on Youtube. If I remember with the Men`s they announced it a week earlier when they were still playing in the 2nd round that they would be streaming the semis.

• As I expected earlier, CHN bt JPN :box: :drink:

so it's JPN that will do the heavy task doing the uphill battle against the mighty RUS in the semifinals while CHN v TUR... good to know that CHN also has some tall players to deal with the TUR's tall MBs,

It seems that CHN has been upping its games by each passing match, in earlier matches the JPN team had good start and performed very convincingly from the outset, while the CHN team had some bumpy road initially...

He he he will be interesting to see how the senior ones fare this evening in HK... the very first significant encounter from the two teams after Rio OG. I predict the outcome won't be far away from what the junior ones had displayed.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The Mexican TV, TVMÁS, La televisión de los veracruzanos did indeed live stream some match through the online TV: Periscope TV.

The resolution is a bit more decent than the crappy ones at FB, though is still a far cry from FIVB live stream at youtube.

Check the sample here, the match of BRA v USA
    https://www.pscp.tv/TVMASVeracruz/1OwGWoaYAjmGQ

TVMÁS, La televisión de los veracruzanos
    http://www.tvmas.mx/

Volleyball (@FIVBWomensU20) | Twitter
    https://twitter.com/FIVBWomensU20

Therefore there is good chance that the TVMÁS may also broadcast the SEMIFINAL MATCHES... please if spot its live stream links, please post it here :-) esp those verse in Spanish.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• is Chinese Yang Hanyu a MB or OH ?i guess she is a MB
    she is the third best scorer and the best spiker
    China has three players in top 10 of the best scorers ..Turkey has two

Turkish Zehra Güneş is the best MB with 36 blocks Yasemin Güveli is the fourth best but Güveli with the number of her blocks second after Zehra

seems Turkey with its blocks ,China with its attacks are better

Turkish Zehra Güneş is the best MB with 36 blocks Yasemin Güveli is the fourth best but Güveli with the number of her blocks second after Zehra

YANG Han-yu is an MB, as well as ZHANG Yu-qian, while CAI Xiao-qing and WU Han are wing spiker.

Have not yet been seeing any match indeed due to bad quality replay only read the score, some stats and news... look forward to seeing some in the end stage.

Canter, any chance the TUR resource may broadcast or live stream this semifinal match? Pls post the link if any :D

This World Championship tournament even though an age one should be held in Asia or Europe for the decent coverage and publicity, not just any country!

Player Statistics - FIVB Volleyball Women's U20 World Championship 2017
    http://u20.women.2017.volleyba…en/statistics/bestscorers

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

Yang Han-yu participated in the first training of Chinese senior NT this year.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• YANG Han-yu is an MB, as well as ZHANG Yu-qian, while CAI Xiao-qing and WU Han are wing spiker.

Canter, any chance the TUR resource may broadcast or live stream this semifinal match? Pls post the link if any :D

This World Championship tournament even though an age one should be held in Asia or Europe for the decent coverage and publicity, not just any country!

CAI Xion-qing is very good, only problem for her to break into the senior team is her height (1.79cm only) sometimes these height can be wrong, maybe she can be a few inches taller or she could grow a bit more.

I think Mexico is doing a great job hosting this tournament. I`m not sure how big the arena is, I think it is not that big, but it has been almost full is every game, the arena in the Men`s C.Republic was always empty. And I bet it would be empty is they were playing in Europe and Asia.

People in the Americas loves volleyball ( Mexico, Puerto Rico, Peru ) I wish their NT were stronger and for sure they could host big events like the WCH or WC.