Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• Yang Han-yu participated in the first training of Chinese senior NT this year.

Yeah right, I forgot that I had seen Yang Han-yu's name in the senior NT 2017 training big list of the Chinese team.

She is in fact the youngest player --the only one born in 1999-- being awarded such opportunity in the current training session.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• CAI Xion-qing is very good, only problem for her to break into the senior team is her height (1.79cm only) sometimes these height can be wrong, maybe she can be a few inches taller or she could grow a bit more.

I think Mexico is doing a great job hosting this tournament. I`m not sure how big the arena is, I think it is not that big, but it has been almost full is every game, the arena in the Men`s C.Republic was always empty. And I bet it would be empty is they were playing in Europe and Asia.

People in the Americas loves volleyball ( Mexico, Puerto Rico, Peru ) I wish their NT were stronger and for sure they could host big events like the WCH or WC.

I can see that spectators fill up the stadium in Mexico, or in many other nations even the small ones like the Trinidad &Tobago when hosting the WGP series (I watched shortly few matches played there in this WGP)... I have no doubt that crowds there love to attend the stadium, whether it's out of pure affinity to that sport (and many other sports) and/or partially influenced by the more limited opportunity in hosting such event or the kinds... either way it's great that people actually fill up the stadium and make the atmosphere lively there :dance6:

But that quality alone is not adequate [in hosting a "World Championship" level tournament]. It's hardly understandable that a "World Championship" level tournament, though just a U20 one, has so low quality in visual coverage. What's hard to grasp, if the FIVB and/or the host nation (organizer) are facing difficulty in making the match available live online, which may be somewhat understandable for this age bracket thing (though as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Thailand already made the great coverage in the Asian U19 it hosted in 2016), at minimum THEY (FIVB and/or the organizer) should have made the Quality Replay videos available online (again, quality ones not just any video). However, seeing that Thailand or Asia in general is capable of giving out quality TV and online stream coverage to the U-xx tournament it hosts, then a "World Championship" level should entitle a coverage treatment on par with that continental ones. The current lack of Quality visual coverage just shows the lack of competency or commitment, either in the ruling body and/or the organizer.

In short, it's very disappointing for a "World Championship" level that one cannot find the decent replay video to watch in today's world (decades ago it's just normal for such void). If it's a continental or simply an "any" tournament, it may be more acceptable for such low quality coverage. To conclude my thought, I put the blame at most to the FIVB, some hi-priests there had made some bad decision wrt to this U20 WCh staging.

Let's just see the treatment for the upcoming U23 WCh in the Balkan nation, Slovenia, this September :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• i can never imagine they would broadcast it

• samsara
    can you remember young Chinese players who had won MVp where China had won the title at this age group before ?
    im asking for one or two chinese young talent who had got thee mvps before..and i wonder what they are doing now ?

MVP:

2007 - Natalia
    2009 - Castillo
    2011- Caterina Bosseti
    2013- Zhu
    2015 - Brayelin Martinez

• If China wins, then Yang Hanyu will likely be the MVP.

• thx :thumbsup: youre like a computer..lol

Yes, rbdfabio is like a computer database... :lol: I remember that Yuan Xinyue won something in the past but can't remember what's that, even a quick search gave no result,,, yet rbdfabio just remembers many things :thumbsup:

• FIVB is streaming both semi-finals on youtube. :thumbsup:

Where do you get this wonderful news?

Edit - OMG!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ8jADE0MdY CHN v TUR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1gp_IFhfcg JPN v RUS

• Wow, two JPN v RUS games tonight. I must plan my day. Eat well, get some exercise, clean the house and get ready for this. I've got to be in tip-top shape! :super: