Fivb Women's U-20 World Championship - Mexico

• That has got to count as one of the worst monumental collapses of all time?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• :white: :white: :white: What a miracle come back for Japan....I did quit watching because I thought it was over, then i went to check the score and it was 22-19 for Russia and I started watching again.

Let`s go Japan.

A miracle come back yesterday and another miracle come back today

• Thank U... 8o

too bad I think it is a little too late...Russia is just crushing Japan right now.

Jesus Christ!! The Japanese made a great comeback in 4th set to extend the match to a tie-break. The Russian really screwed up their match there...complacency is killing!! :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I guess the Japanese have many factories in Mexico to supply the NAFTA market, the Mexicans give great supports to the Japanese team... and no support for the Russian one... ha ha ha :D :cheesy:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• This is a much better viewing experience than that FB stream but I really liked the announcers for the FB one.

• Russia didn't collapse. Height won it in the end.

• Great match. Congrats to Russia!

• The Russian team beat the Japanese team in a tight match 3 - 2 ( 32 - 30, 25 - 19, 23 - 25, 23 - 25, 15 - 12 ) to advance into the gold medal match. A great semifinal show between the two teams, quite leveled up.

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Rematch between Russia and China from Brics Games where Russia defeated China 3-1.

• BRONZE MEDAL MATCH - JPN VS TUR -- 23.07.17 23:00 (UTC)

GOLD MEDAL MATCH - CHN VS RUS -- 24.07.17 01:30 (UTC)

I hope this time the FIVB will set it right at last, to live stream the matches in true high quality video!!! :bump:

• I hope this JPN v RUS junior match doesn't foreshadow the big girls the way the JPN v CHN situation turned out

• Now I do believe this Chinese team (U20) is way much underrated by most... or much underexposed, almost no one regards them properly even though they'd won convincingly over the other perceived strong teams (and such belittlement even occurred among the fans of the Chinese volleyball). However playing as an underdog or dark horse does in turn give its own advantage, so in that sense that's just pretty fine... after all the only thing that matters is the real outcome.

I think this team can only gain the undeniable recognition when they're holding high the trophy tomorrow :lol:

:cup: :drink:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• i didnt/couldnt watch Tur vs. Chi..i did try but i failed

checking the stats..the number of mistakes tells it clearly : 26 for Turkey 15 for China..the teams look close in other elemenst
    also Turkey couldnt stop Chinese Han Wu (while i expected more from Yang Hanyu though she was good at blocking)

Tuğba Şenoğlu seems to have played well too..Middles were not good enough at blocking this time..thats maybe bcz Turkey couldnt serves well enough..

Congrats to China and good luck in the final

i felt sorry for Japanese team

China vs Russia will be a tough battle...i feel Russia could win it for some reason..China is also equally capable of winning the final..lets not forget China will be fresher than Russia.

Japan vs.Turkey...Japan seems to win..if tiredness doenst affect them badly..Turkey could win too..They played 3-2 in the first match..

what surprises me about this Japanese team..Their offense has been better than Russia,Turkey ,China's offense etc.they all loses in blocking

• BRONZE MEDAL MATCH - JPN VS TUR -- 23.07.17 23:00 (UTC)

GOLD MEDAL MATCH - CHN VS RUS -- 24.07.17 01:30 (UTC)

I hope this time the FIVB will set it right at last, to live stream the matches in true high quality video!!! :bump:

I hope time will allow me to watch LIVE the final match... get ready for it in time... and ofc by a high quality live stream not just any :drink:

• Not sure I understand what did you try to say :D think other readers too

Oh. That after the Japan U20 girls lost to China, the Japanese big girls lost to China the next day. Then the Japanese U20 lost to Russia. I feared thongs might go the same way for Japanese big girls against Russia.

Superstitiously speaking.

• Oh. That after the Japan U20 girls lost to China, the Japanese big girls lost to China the next day. Then the Japanese U20 lost to Russia. I feared thongs might go the same way for Japanese big girls against Russia.

Superstitiously speaking.

Okay, got it. I think you meant something of longer time-span :D

• The bronze match isn't coming on at FIVB youtube yet. Same ol song and dance. Any body found a good stream?