2017 AVC Senior Women's Championship (Philippines/Manila, Aug 9-17, 2017)

• China will play Kazakhstan or Korea in the quarters, most likely Kazakhstan.

• Hey, let me ask again, who are the players that we should keep an eye on on this China squad? Anyone?

• They are all leftover Chinese NT players and they are all unknown to me. The captain (supposed to be the most talented or/and the most experienced ) of this D team was not even a bench player in Montreux or in WGP. The Chinese NT usually send at least two or three "experienced" players to support or to guide them. But this time, there is ZERO experienced player. Honestly, I'm very surprised this D team is still alive and they even reached the tiebreak with Thailand.

• They are all leftover Chinese NT players and they are all unknown to me. The captain (supposed to be the most talented or/and the most experienced ) of this D team was not even a bench player in Montreux or in WGP. The Chinese NT usually send at least two or three "experienced" players to support or to guide them. But this time, there is ZERO experienced player. Honestly, I'm very surprised this D team is still alive and they even reached the tiebreak with Thailand.

I`m NOT sure if you are the user that is always saying the Chinese Players are not even World Class, and only Zhu can play.

But if that is you, well you underestimate the Chinese Players way too much... It is no surprise this C Chinese Team is still alive, China has a huge core of players. Even Chinese C or D team can play against almost any team in the World, I`m not saying they will win, but they sure can play.

and do you realize how young these girls are??

Brazil and China has by far the best core of local players.

• Hey, let me ask again, who are the players that we should keep an eye on on this China squad? Anyone?

Cai Xiaoqing - She won the U20 WCH. She plays for Hennan, the club where Zhu played. She`s really good, only problem with her is her height, I`m not sure how tall she is but she might be around 5`8 - 5`10. Hopefully she will grow a few inches.

• Don't get me wrong. I'm not underestimate the Chinese Players. But you have to acknowledge that the Chinese NT is sending this time only their "cadets" (no veteran) to the battles. This is the reason why I said I'm surprised they are still alive.

• Thailand is killing it from Zone 4 against Japan. Doesn't matter who's there. They're all hitting

update: lol I think Thailand failed to score a point from 4 after I posted that. Koga is having fun at 4. she likes playing against her fellow little people :D

• Yeah hopefully those fantards from Philippines stop talking about low fast sets as if that's going to magically make Philippines the best volleyball nation in the world or even Asia. :whistle:

That was so cringy seeing that term blow up on twitter. Those people probably have no idea how to run volleyball plays yet are giving armchair analysis on how to win against a top 20 team in the world. :whistle: Do these people know how hard it is to run shoot sets with an imperfect pass while being up against a strong block? :down:

Anyway,it is a good victory for Philippines. They need more discipline in order to get more wins.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Quarterfinal winners are already set. Only thing up for grabs is Kazakhstan vs China. Winner most likely goes to Kazakhstan since they have more experience and have beaten China's B team in the Asia Cup.

• Quarterfinal winners are already set. Only thing up for grabs is Kazakhstan vs China. Winner most likely goes to Kazakhstan since they have more experience and have beaten China's B team in the Asia Cup.

I like this Chinese D team coach. I'm agreeably surprised the Chinese NT is still alive. I hope he can make some more miracles. But it's more than OK for the team if their journey end at quarterfinal.

• Chinese NT won the semi-final ticket!! :super: I know I'm going to irritate some people here but I need to say this again, I really like this Chinese D team coach! I saw him in action during the WGP as assistant coach. I really like his attitude and the way he guided the players.

• Chinese NT won the semi-final ticket!! :super: I know I'm going to irritate some people here but I need to say this again, I really like this Chinese D team coach! I saw him in action during the WGP as assistant coach. I really like his attitude and the way he guided the players.

I totally agree with you. A coach can make big difference. This coach bring this D team to AVC semi, while An jiajie injured most of the Olympic champions and not getting a medal in WGP.

• Well nothing good to say about An Jiajie now.

• I dunno if it's a fair comparison. This C/D team beat Australia and Chinese Taipei and Kaz. Lost to Japan and Thailand ... and that qualified them for the Semi-finals? Not much of an accomplishment.

Not that I'm a fan of An Jiajie or have anything against whomever this present coach is. Just sayin'

• I dunno if it's a fair comparison. This C/D team beat Australia and Chinese Taipei and Kaz. Lost to Japan and Thailand ... and that qualified them for the Semi-finals? Not much of an accomplishment.

Not that I'm a fan of An Jiajie or have anything against whomever this present coach is. Just sayin'

This randomly selected team with no senior level experience just beat Kazakhstan to earn a semi final spot. Quite good actually. The B team with Li Jing lost to Kazakhstan during the Asian Cup last year.

• This randomly selected team with no senior level experience just beat Kazakhstan to earn a semi final spot. Quite good actually. The B team with Li Jing lost to Kazakhstan during the Asian Cup last year.

That's cool. Point taken. :drink: I don't know anything about these teams this China team just beat. Is Kaz fielding an A team in this tournament?

In many ways it's all a little random to me. Japan beat Serbia, Russia, and Brazil in the WGP and lost to An Jiajie's China. Random.