FIVB Women's U18 World Championship - Argentina

• just watched the first set and the beginning of the 2nd set (DOM went from 0-3 to 6-3 on the strength of natalia martinez serving and their blocking). i thought #8, martinez, is also very impressive and very promising for the DOM girls. they sure have a bright future, didn't they win under-23 last year? i remember brayelin got MVP, i think.

Yeah, I was really impressed by Martinez as well. She looked like a pro, never showing any nerves. Seems like we will soon have 3 Martinez in the senior NT. lol

By the way, that was the U20 in 2015, when DOM beat BRA for the gold and Brayelin got the MVP. Last U23 also took place in 2015 and BRA won over TUR.

• thanks for the correction, saishuu.

LOL. DOM coach is brazilian and he speaks portuguese to the girls without a translator. i hope they can understand him. otherwise, it's all gibberish...

(like vercesi coaching CRO ... nobody could understand what language he was speaking...)

• I am so proud of this Italian U18 team, I see a very bright future for many of these girls.
    Lubian was U18 World Champion also in 2015 when she was only 15 yo, her slide attack is simply amazing and I have no doubt she will become the Italian Akinradewo in a few years.
    Pietrini reminds me of Eugenia Artamonova, her attacks from the left wing are as powerful and devastating as Artamonova's ones. She has to improve a bit her reception but she definitely has got all the potential to do so.
    Enweonwu is Egonu's cousin, a bit shorter but still with impressive athletic skills. Her jump serve is already very good, I think she will become a great offensive weapon for Italy and a great backup OPP for Egonu (which means bye bye to Diouf).
    Also the other two MBs are very talented in my opinion.
    Italy will be one of the main contenders for the Olympic title in Tokyo2020. With this Starting-Six:

Malinov - Egonu
    Pietrini - L.Bosetti
    Lubian - Chirichella
    De Gennaro

Backups: Cambi, Enweonwu, C.Bosetti, Sylla, Bonifacio, Danesi / Folie, Zannoni

• hi KK,

yes, i was thinking of panettoni, the christmas cake, i just thought it was a funny name... but that's not her name... panetoni.

in the US, there's a famous football coach named carnesecca. does it mean what i think it means?

btw, i think it's too early to make predictions of what the ITA NT will be in 2020... lots of things will happen from now to then.

i watched the gold medal match to the end. i thought it was a shame some on the audience would jeer and boo when DOM girls were serving. i don't think it's fair to be jeering such young players. these are 15, 16 y.o. girls. very sad.

• Why dont you like Alessia Orro? :white:

• i watched the gold medal match to the end. i thought it was a shame some on the audience would jeer and boo when DOM girls were serving. i don't think it's fair to be jeering such young players. these are 15, 16 y.o. girls. very sad.

Yes, I noticed that too :( I hate it at every level, so even more for the youngs, and they weren't even playing vs Argentina...

And carnesecca means dried meat, yes ;)