You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mariuszj1939

Intermediate

• "mariuszj1939" is male
  • "mariuszj1939" started this thread

Favourite Team: Poland, Brazil, Chemik Police

Favourite Players: Swieniewicz, Werblińska, Grun, Wlazły

Friday, September 1st 2017, 11:43am

CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic

Four hosts CEV ECH 2019 = Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic
http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=26068&ID=5

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "mariuszj1939" (Sep 1st 2017, 11:54am)

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Friday, September 1st 2017, 1:59pm

Horrible news :down: Even 16 teams is bordering on too many, there always seem to be a couple of teams that are way out of their depth. Having 24 teams there is pure nonsense. Already looking forward to the classics that are Serbia vs Estonia and Russia vs Montenegro. :roll:

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Friday, September 1st 2017, 3:14pm

I agree there is no point to watch many 3-0 matches. There are barely 12 competitive teams in whole Europe anyway. Considering there were only 36 countries played qualification tournaments, 24 is too much for a final tournament. Top 8 teams that couldn't participate this ECh are ROM, ESP, SVK, FRA, SLO, MNE, POR and AUT. None of these teams will add competitiveness of championship.

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Friday, September 1st 2017, 8:09pm

agree, 12 would be enough if we took into consideration Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Poland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belgium and Azerbaijan :wavy:
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 11:29pm

According to rumors: 4 pools of 6. Each country will host different pool. 4 of the 1/8 matches and 2 of the quarterfinals games will be played in Poland. (source: Przegląd Sportowy)
I guess the semi- and final games will be played in Turkey.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 11:46pm

According to rumors: 4 pools of 6. Each country will host different pool. 4 of the 1/8 matches and 2 of the quarterfinals games will be played in Poland. (source: Przegląd Sportowy)
I guess the semi- and final games will be played in Turkey.

Semi finals, finals and some of the quarterfinals will be in Turkey. But I still don't see the point of making teams travel so many times in a tournament :aww:

• "Angel" is male

Favourite Team: Spain NT, Germany NT, Japan NT

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Jaqueline Carvalho, Jéssica Rivero

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 11:55pm

On the other hand, top teams won't have to play qualification phase, and I think it's a good deal for them, no matter if they have to play 1 or 2 "easy" games in phase of groups. And, there're 47 federations in Europe (yes, I know more than the half with a very low level) but there's not other confederation in the world with this quantity of teams, so 24 could help to improve the level of these "not top teams". And, of course, with more countries playing, probably more attention received throughout Europe.

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:20am

On the other hand, top teams won't have to play qualification phase, and I think it's a good deal for them, no matter if they have to play 1 or 2 "easy" games in phase of groups. And, there're 47 federations in Europe (yes, I know more than the half with a very low level) but there's not other confederation in the world with this quantity of teams, so 24 could help to improve the level of these "not top teams". And, of course, with more countries playing, probably more attention received throughout Europe.
Yes, I also think it's quite good idea as 2 more matches won't change much for top teams. The problem is, there would be probably 3-0 matches which nobody wants to watch :down: For me what ECH are still missing is WCH qualification and WC/GC Cup qualification. TOP8 teams should qualify for WCH without additional tournament. Now ECH are lacking purpose.

• "Angel" is male

Favourite Team: Spain NT, Germany NT, Japan NT

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Jaqueline Carvalho, Jéssica Rivero

Social bookmarks