CEV European League 2018

• Sweden beat Switzerland 3-0 : Haak made 23 pts (% 58 ).Laura Kuenzler from Swiss team made 16 pts (% 50)

Croatia beat Finland 3-0. : Fabris made 21 pts.Samadan 13 pts( % 60).Korhonen from Finn team made 19 pts (%47).Öhman made 12 pts (%64)

Bulgaria beat Portugal 3-0. : Dimitrova made 14 pts.Ruseva made 12 pts (% 78 ).Maio from Portuguese team made 7 pts.

Belarus beat Slovakia 3-2. : Barysevich made 19 pts(% 59),Hryshkevich made 18 pts,Markeviz 14 pts.Sunderlikova from Slovakian team made 22 pts (% 58 ),Hudecova 20pts,Radosova 18 pts (%49)

• What is this tournament for?? If the basically the "VNL" for the European teams not competing in the VNL???

And does the winner qualifies for the VNL challenge cup?

yep,kind of european VNL/WGP but i still dont know about the reward ,in the end..you could be right or not

• Men

Pool A: Belgium, Estonia, Slovakia, Sweden
    Pool B: Slovenia, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine
    Pool C: Finland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Spain

Women

Pool A:
    Bulgaria, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Portugal
    Pool B: Croatia, Hungary, France, Finland
    Pool C: Czech Republic, Belarus, Slovakia, Spain

The top two teams from the Golden European League will qualify to the FIVB Challenger Cup – whose eventual winners will contest home and away playoff matches against the lowest-ranked from the four Challengers featuring in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League, with a spot in the 2019 edition of the elite FIVB competition at stake.

Silver European League (Tier II)

Men

Pool A:
    Former Y.R. of Macedonia, Latvia, Austria, Kosovo
    Pool B: Belarus, Croatia, Hungary, Albania

Women

Pool A: Switzerland, Estonia, Sweden, Kosovo
    Pool B: Israel, Austria, Georgia, Albania

The eventual winners of the Silver European League will move up to the Golden European League in 2019, thus replacing the lowest ranked team from the 2018 edition of the Golden EL..

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…aspx?NewsID=26464&ID=1090

• i guess Bulgaria,Azerbaijan,Croatia,Ukraine,Czechia (ex-Czech R.) are main contenders

if Rahimova plays for her country Azerbaijan has a chance to make it to the Challenger Cup of Fivb
    Vasileva is going to be absent for Bulgaria due to her injury
    Fabris is playing for Croatia but i dont know how good the others are in the team
    Czechia doesnt seem to have great players
    i guess Ukraine is playing with its best lineup.They can make it also

• Croatia is nothing special. We are very very tall team and we are Playing very slow volleyball from attack to defence. I was surprised by Dinka Kulic She had very good reception and attack, and She wasn't starter from start. Like I said Martina Samadan is great MB she needs to play in strong league she deserve it.
    Mia Jerkov is hear and Ivana Milos they can help.

I can imagine how diffrent for Fabris is to play that fast volleyball with Imoco than you play so slow volleball with NT. Brcic has very good connection with MBs and that is why she is 191cm, but for OHs and OPP She is not doing anything special

• I'm watching HUN-FRA for whatever reason and I have a genuine question: how is France still not able to put together a decent team? Do they really not invest in female volleyball all that much?

• i watched a little from Slovakia-Belarus and the level of that match was better than this match

Albania beat Georgia 3-0 ..ive never watched any of these teams so far..wonder what makes Albani better than Gerorgia so that they won 3-0

• I'm watching HUN-FRA for whatever reason and I have a genuine question: how is France still not able to put together a decent team? Do they really not invest in female volleyball all that much?

I've been asking myself the very same question, especially considering they have a fairly strong domestic league :white:

• I just saw that Hungary's starting OPP Szedmak is only 16 years old (born September 2001) :what:

She performed very well and not at all like a 16 year old girl, I'd never have estimated her being that young :white: Knowing this I think she's a great prospect.

• I've been asking myself the very same question, especially considering they have a fairly strong domestic league :white:

Yeah, that's exactly why! No disrespect to them whatsoever, but they seem like an amateur team. Plenty of teams without a league as strong as the French one are still able to beat them fairly easily, like Hungary just did.
    Sure French league is filled with foreigners, but still...

• I just saw that Hungary's starting OPP Szedmak is only 16 years old (born September 2001) :what:

She performed very well and not at all like a 16 year old girl, I'd never have estimated her being that young :white: Knowing this I think she's a great prospect.

She is SIXTEEN? I thought she was an older pro. lol

• They are very successful in basketball and handball. I guess there are only so many sports you can seriously focus on.

But it is not valid for Serbia. It seems like you guys are successful almost at all teamsports :white: