You are not logged in.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 5:05pm

2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

Still no official announcement from the FIVB, but there's a Wikipedia article about it with the pool composition and the schedule. It's in line with what the Russian Volleyball Federation had published earlier about the schedule of the Russian team, so I think it's trustworthy.

As we can see, China is hosting a tournament in 4 out of 5 weeks. :down: It's really unfair if you consider how much travel it's going to be involved for most of the other teams. For example, the South Korean itinerary in the last 3 weeks - Netherlands, Thailand, Argentina - is just brutal.
Also, wasn't every team supposed to host at least one pool? I don't see Belgium among the hosts.

Anyway, 15 games within a month, all over the world. We'll see how it goes.

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 6:37pm

It is consisted with what has been provided by polish federation while announcing the host city in Poland (Bydgoszcz).

Dominican Rep. is not a host so far too, however they can still have a tournament in week 5.

Favourite Players: Micah Christenson

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 7:17pm

Every core teams have to host at least 1 pool. The FIVB has told since the first news of VNL published.

I think China host 6 pools in both men's and women's help the competition go well. Because, many women teams avoid to host the WGP, like DOM SRB KOR. Three of them rarely host the competition. Actually, Hong Kong and Macau bid as their own national federation.

Moreover, some countries participate in both men's and women's host only 1 pool each. The pressure go to countries which qualifed only 1 gender. Like, France and Bulgaria (even it's not a core teams) in men, Netherlands and Thailand in women.

The men's tournament has many teams interest to be hosts. As you can see in the wikipedia page, the women's tournament still not complete.

For WGP, you just have to find 22 pool hosts from 28 teams. It is easier to find 20 pool hosts from 16 teams in VNL. I think that is why the tournament guarantine core teams status.

I also think that's why FIVB give core teams status for China and Japan in men's. Germany was saved from group3 WL instead Slovenia, too. Argentina women as well.

So, please don't blame China for too many hosting. Should blame the country avoid hosting. I haven't seen which country would host unless China.

Final probably Bari, Italy or Nangjing, China.

Favourite Players: Micah Christenson

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 7:21pm

If you suspect in the wikipedia page if it is true. It include all references in the section References.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Friday, February 9th 2018, 1:11am

Every core teams have to host at least 1 pool. The FIVB has told since the first news of VNL published.

I think China host 6 pools in both men's and women's help the competition go well. Because, many women teams avoid to host the WGP, like DOM SRB KOR. Three of them rarely host the competition. Actually, Hong Kong and Macau bid as their own national federation.

Moreover, some countries participate in both men's and women's host only 1 pool each. The pressure go to countries which qualifed only 1 gender. Like, France and Bulgaria (even it's not a core teams) in men, Netherlands and Thailand in women.

The men's tournament has many teams interest to be hosts. As you can see in the wikipedia page, the women's tournament still not complete.

For WGP, you just have to find 22 pool hosts from 28 teams. It is easier to find 20 pool hosts from 16 teams in VNL. I think that is why the tournament guarantine core teams status.

I also think that's why FIVB give core teams status for China and Japan in men's. Germany was saved from group3 WL instead Slovenia, too. Argentina women as well.

So, please don't blame China for too many hosting. Should blame the country avoid hosting. I haven't seen which country would host unless China.

Final probably Bari, Italy or Nangjing, China.

Both Turkey (male team is not joining) and Poland love hosting such tournaments and still they get only one hosting while both Thailand and Netherlands also are hosting twice. :what: Indeed I am surprised that JPN is hosting only once :white:

I still can't see how players will survive playing 15 games in 5 weeks + finals and so much traveling :aww:

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Friday, February 9th 2018, 1:46am

It is a good tournament to test out young players potential. It's only bad for fans because teams might not send their A teams at all. Going to suck for players stamina for sure.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Saturday, February 10th 2018, 3:06pm

A few days ago, the wikipedia page had Italy as the finals host, but now I see it's not there anymore.

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 8:42am

A few days ago, the wikipedia page had Italy as the finals host, but now I see it's not there anymore.

It is a rumor that the finals host stays in Nanjing. No one proves it now.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 6:42pm

Dominican Rep. is not a host so far too, however they can still have a tournament in week 5.

Wałbrzych, Poland will be the host of tournament in week 5. That means Poland will host 2 pools.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Sunday, February 18th 2018, 11:16pm

There is a reason that there is a complete roster of players listed for the tournament. Coaches will give some players a break during one of the weekends. One of the complaints with the World League and World Grand Prix was that you couldn't see all of the stars. With six weeks of travel all across the planet, you can't have all of the stars make each trip. That is why the FIVB now forces teams to release lists of players for each week of matches.

Coaches will want to test their younger players in this tournament as well.

As for Japan only hosting once, well they are hosting the World Championships, so it may make sense to only have to prep one site, instead of the others for the World Championships.

harboboy

Professional

Yesterday, 9:27pm

And it is official: Nanjing is the host.

http://cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=26831&ID=5

Sorry but this is more than unfair to any other country. China almost doesn't even travel as they host every week a pool (except one?) nevertheless bad choice :down:

Edit: Just read in the article that this venue was also the host of last years Grand Prix, OMG it makes it even worse! :wall:

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Yesterday, 10:43pm

Tickets will be expensive.