You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:12am

They can't all be perfect like the Japanese.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:15am

That's silly and unfair, trying to make it about me. You've obviously not read much of what I write about the Japanese Team.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:18am

in that context tho Japanese players are always calm. they don't complain to the referee, and if they do, only the captain speaks out. the same goes to their coaches and stuffs. this team never whines.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:21am

The Serbia coach and the Turkish dude are just professional whiners. Brazil too, as far as I can tell. Just watch them some time. It's built into their personalities. It's what they do. They take it out on their players and the referees, and anybody else that shows up. I'm not impressed.
ZRG (Brazil's coach) is surprisingly quite chill this year. :lol: Did you ever watch Bernardinho? You'd be terrified.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:48am

guidetti is definitely the most annoying coach on earth. i used to hate ZRG too but he's def. mellowed (still can't stand bernardinho or his son).

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 5:49am

Did you ever watch Bernardinho? You'd be terrified.

I had to google him. I've seen him. I watched some Brazil League games this past season. To be honest, if he was one of those characters, I'd just turn it off.

To be clear, I'm not saying Whiplash style motivation isn't effective. I'm saying I don't want to watch it.

Topically speaking ... another thing I'm enjoying about this VNL (at least the streams I'm watching) is that they show very little, or at least a lot less, of the time-out huddles. More importantly, the cameras seem less prone to dramatic reaction shots of the coach after an unsuccessful play. I understand that the people in charge of these things assume/know that most viewers like the drama. Such that it is. Watching a Dutch game at Rio was a grueling chore for me. I'm happy they changed coaches because I like watching that team. If only Brazil and Serbia would follow suit. They are my next favored teams.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 5:58am

Did you ever watch Bernardinho? You'd be terrified.

I had to google him. I've seen him. I watched some Brazil League games this past season. To be honest, if he was one of those characters, I'd just turn it off.

To be clear, I'm not saying Whiplash style motivation isn't effective. I'm saying I don't want to watch it.

Topically speaking ... another thing I'm enjoying about this VNL (at least the streams I'm watching) is that they show very little, or at least a lot less, of the time-out huddles. More importantly, the cameras seem less prone to dramatic reaction shots of the coach after an unsuccessful play. I understand that the people in charge of these things assume/know that most viewers like the drama. Such that it is. Watching a Dutch game at Rio was a grueling chore for me. I'm happy they changed coaches because I like watching that team. If only Brazil and Serbia would follow suit. They are my next favored teams.
mostly not gonna happen tho. Coach Ze brought Brazilian women to their glory days up until today. he might be annoying at times, but he is one of the best coaches out there.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 7:02am

Watching a Dutch game at Rio was a grueling chore for me. I'm happy they changed coaches because I like watching that team. If only Brazil and Serbia would follow suit. They are my next favored teams.

mostly not gonna happen tho. Coach Ze brought Brazilian women to their glory days up until today. he might be annoying at times, but he is one of the best coaches out there.

I get the connection between teams I like and their coaches I don't :D

Clearly, Brazil's coach, and Serbia's, and Gui, are successful coaches.

A couple of comments suggest Ze is mellowing. I recently mentioned that Japan's Assistant Coach seems to be blowing less hot air during timeouts. I wonder if it's that the cameras are simply showing them less.

I'm loving this VNL tournament. I wish the Thai matches from round 1 had English commentary. (At least the streams I found didn't. It was just crowd noise) This is one of the only things FIVB improved with the Tournament--English commentary ... and I know it's selfish because -- hey wait. Do Germans get German commentary for their broadcast? And other countries Serbia, Russia, etc. I know that Thailand are getting them with Thai commentary. Is the dearth of English commentary because USA never broadcasts Volleyball (beyond some USA games, maybe).

But now I'm spoiled. For the first two rounds the commentators were good--at least for the Japanese matches--this guy in Hong Kong is awful. He sounds like he's reading a spooky story to children.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 7:12am

Watching a Dutch game at Rio was a grueling chore for me. I'm happy they changed coaches because I like watching that team. If only Brazil and Serbia would follow suit. They are my next favored teams.

I get the connection between teams I like and their coaches I don't :D

Clearly, Brazil's coach, and Serbia's, and Gui, are successful coaches.

A couple of comments suggest Ze is mellowing. I recently mentioned that Japan's Assistant Coach seems to be blowing less hot air during timeouts. I wonder if it's that the cameras are simply showing them less.

I'm loving this VNL tournament. I wish the Thai matches from round 1 had English commentary. (At least the streams I found didn't. It was just crowd noise) This is one of the only things FIVB improved with the Tournament--English commentary ... and I know it's selfish because -- hey wait. Do Germans get German commentary for their broadcast? And other countries Serbia, Russia, etc. I know that Thailand are getting them with Thai commentary. Is the dearth of English commentary because USA never broadcasts Volleyball (beyond some USA games, maybe).

But now I'm spoiled. For the first two rounds the commentators were good--at least for the Japanese matches--this guy in Hong Kong is awful. He sounds like he's reading a spooky story to children.

German commentaries can be expected for the final pool in Stuttgart aired on Sport1 - but they are underdogs against Olympic champions China, fourth best European team (and FIVB top ten team) Netherlands and the well doing young Turkish team of Guidetti at home (which is also in front of Germany in world ranking, despite only a bit).

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 7:37am

This Argentina team is cracking me up. Every time one of their players jumps into the air to attack a ball, there's an awkward moment where it looks like they pause to hope the ball is going to come close enough to swing at, and they ending up swinging like one of those swings-at-fake-balls middle-blockers have to do all the time.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 8:16am

German commentaries can be expected for the final pool in Stuttgart aired on Sport1 - but they are underdogs against Olympic champions China, fourth best European team (and FIVB top ten team) Netherlands and the well doing young Turkish team of Guidetti at home (which is also in front of Germany in world ranking, despite only a bit).

So you're not getting German commentary on all the streams I'm watching from German sportdeutschland.tv? I guess about only half the games have English commentary and I've just been lucky it's covered all the Japanese matches. It's awfully nice of you folks to be broadcasting this tournament. And it's nice of FIVB to have hired a few English commentators. Not enough to cover all the matches.

I guess in the end, it's that if your national team is hosting and broadcasting on a local network, you'll have native language commentary. That makes sense. And it seems that a few countries are also broadcasting their team's matches for the whole tournament locally--China, Thailand, and I think Russia?--with native commentary. I'm a little slow on the uptake here, as an English only speaker without interest in Team USA and as a virgin to an international sport competition.

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 11:13am

Terzic's resistance to trying out Katarina Lazovic is really starting to get on my nerves! It's starting to look so ridiculous that I'm not even sure she will play if/when they send a B team to Week 5. :down: :wall:

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 12:50pm

indeed!
id like to watch Serbian young talents...we have watched only Milenkovic so far..i hope Terzic let Katarina Lazovic play at the 5th week
even Buşa hasnt had much playing time so far..has she ?
if he intends to give the younger players a chance then what about opposite Sara Lozo ?

how about the following lineup ?

Mirkovic - Lozo
Milenkovic- Lazovic
Popovic - Aleksic
Popovic

btw..i know nothing about Lazovic and Lozo ...a little mention about them is appreciated
meso mi ra se beno...

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 1:02pm

sitenoise, if you knew the history of english commentating on fivb matches, you'd be glad to not understand what they are saying...

in years past, fivb hired the worst commentators, who knew nothing of what they were talking about. just watch the matches of the olympic qualifying tournament in JPN before rio... it's unlistenable.

and don't bring back the coverage of london olympics....

more recently clayton lucas wasn't bad though, he at least knew something about VB.

i catch whatever matches i can on YT and i'm getting used to all the commentators in russian, serbo-croatian, italian, turkish, thai or chinese... as long as there's sound from the arena, i don't care.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 1:36pm

Terzic's resistance to trying out Katarina Lazovic is really starting to get on my nerves! It's starting to look so ridiculous that I'm not even sure she will play if/when they send a B team to Week 5. :down: :wall:

I thought we'd see her as well. Perhaps she's been injured. It does make sense that she'll not play next week as they want to clinch the F6 spot so the main squad will be going to the Netherlands. And if it happens, I do believe she'll be going to Argentina if fit.
And hey, he's not playing Buša! It's already a miracle enough.

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 3:08pm

I thought we'd see her as well. Perhaps she's been injured. It does make sense that she'll not play next week as they want to clinch the F6 spot so the main squad will be going to the Netherlands. And if it happens, I do believe she'll be going to Argentina if fit.
And hey, he's not playing Buša! It's already a miracle enough.
I think having this golden generation* at his disposal has made Terzic a lot more apprehensive/reluctant at testing new players while still in their "teens" since 2014/2015. Prior to that, he regularly included players still in their second decade even on the biggest competitions who would go on to become world-class players. Spasojevic and Djerisilo since they were 19(though that was a different time, prior to any success of our NT); Veljkovic and Boskovic since they were 17; Rasic and Brakocevic since 18 etc.

*And it is a golden generation (2015-now), no matter that we have had success prior to any member of it but Maja becoming part of the NT. And Maja is something of a special case, since she is actually part of that older generation who simply lasted long enough to get into the narrative of this new, "golden" generation. Prior to 2015, we simple never had 6 world-class players at the same time, all of whom could be said to be in the Top 10 in their respective positions (well, maybe Veljkovic is among Top 15).

Janko

Intermediate

• "Janko" is male

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 3:18pm

indeed!
id like to watch Serbian young talents...we have watched only Milenkovic so far..i hope Terzic let Katarina Lazovic play at the 5th week
even Buşa hasnt had much playing time so far..has she ?
if he intends to give the younger players a chance then what about opposite Sara Lozo ?

how about the following lineup ?

Mirkovic - Lozo
Milenkovic- Lazovic
Popovic - Aleksic
Popovic

btw..i know nothing about Lazovic and Lozo ...a little mention about them is appreciated
I would REALLY like if we were to play with that lineup in fifth week! :heart:

Milenkovic, Aleksic, Lazovic and Lozo were the 4 best players in Serbian league this past season, but I'm not (yet) all that high on Lozo. I will have to see her play more to reach some solid conclusions.

But the first 3 are really promising (except Milenkovic's receive, obviously)! I especially like Lazovic, since I feel she might finally be that much coveted 2nd world-class OH that we so badly need. But Aleksic also shows a great promise (yes, yet another potentially world-class Serbian MB, how surprising! ;) :P ). Think of her as slightly less promising Zehra, if you will.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 3:43pm

You always have great talents.Morever your players are usually very athletic.What's the secret of Serbia ?( :D
Sorry for my bad English ^^

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:04pm

I think having this golden generation* at his disposal has made Terzic a lot more apprehensive/reluctant at testing new players while still in their "teens" since 2014/2015. Prior to that, he regularly included players still in their second decade even on the biggest competitions who would go on to become world-class players. Spasojevic and Djerisilo since they were 19(though that was a different time, prior to any success of our NT); Veljkovic and Boskovic since they were 17; Rasic and Brakocevic since 18 etc.

Well, times have changed. The generation of Anja and Ivana were pioneers, they didn't have anyone to replace as they were the best despite their young age. Stefana and Milena got a chance when they were still babies because the MB position was a weak spot for our NT back then - ironic to look back to it now!
Obviously, it's much more difficult to break through to the A team now as the competition is much bigger. And also, back in the day, everything we did was a bonus, now the expectations are much higher and there's not much "luxury" to make experiments.

Anyway, I'd rather have it the way it is now with a select few players being gradually introduced to the big scene then how it was in 2009-2010 with huge rosters and people like Anđelka Pantović (I mean, seriously) being on/around the team.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 4:08pm

What it is with Serbia is they just have A-MAZING sports culture and spirit! Look at them, they're as Serdar said before good in pretty much any sport. Even in Tennis they have many good players, think of Novak Djokovic. And yes it might be that they get a lot of great talents like Boskovic, Rasic, Mihajlovic in one generation and this helps them to be at top surely. However Serbia with the amount of time and effort they put in sports for me will always be a danger anywhere. Also personally I feel like Eastern (and Southern) Europeans are much stronger mentally then the Westerns and can handle pressure much better throughout their carreer. Western Europeans however tend to be more disciplined which makes them very good in a lot of sports as well, the thing with Serbia is they have both somehow and they have dedication :box: