2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• For me Thaisa (at her peak) is better then all the other MBs but yet I have not seen Thaisa at all after her injury and her form can't be the same of course. I saw Fe Garay a few times this year and she was great as always. but if it is true and she does not join then I personally would not mind seeing one of those girls on court. I love love love Amanda actually but yea she is still got to prove herself to be reliable, same for Drussyla. I feel like Drussyla is not your typical Brazillian player, maybe Brazil can use that as advantage in the future.

Oh and btw I think currently the very best Brazillian MB is probably Fabiana :obey: I don't remember the exact match anymore, but last season I had watched a match which ended with a tb win for Fabiana's team and oh my, I fell in love all over again :heart: sad she won't join :(

• That game was the first game of the semi-final Praia Clube won in 5 and Fabiana simply took over and won the game on her own...if Praia had lost that game they would have lost the semi-final series. Ze Roberto said he did invite Fabiana back......but she said no...

Thaiza will play at the Pan American Cup.....I`m pretty sure she will be at the WCH...and I totally agree she`s still the best ( fully recovered).

• Brazil has great MBs in women. Thaisa and Fabiana are a legendary duo. In fact, Walewska is still able to play in a high capacity.

Hell, Brazil could go to Japan this year with the same starter MB duo from 2008 and still be a threat. Hopefully even more younger ones get more playing time this year in our league.

• Is Egonu copying Sheilla's iconic bended wrist mannerism after hitting a ball? :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• China's problem is obvious: No threat except Zhu and Yuan.Block and defence are always ready for them.For this reason Zhu and Yuan are having difficulty producing score compare to old times.I hope Zhang and Zeng will be back at WCH.

• China just lost one game against a very competent team. It's not like they still aren't the biggest threat with the best player in the world out there. Block may be ready for Zhu, which is obvious, but she's still able to spike over them a big majority of the time.

• Chinese setters nowadays are almost the same. Setting to Zhu or the equivalent of Zhu in their clubs when they are not passing well.

Ding Xia is special for a chinese setter though. She's aggressive and confident. She also attacks with her left hand which surprises opponents. I'm not sure about Yao Di, i think she's trying according to Lang Ping's plans but most of the time she's failing to become different from Ding Xia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• They lost against Italy too.China is best team for me but with this squad, everything is getting harder for Zhu and Yuan.Zeng>Gong+Yang, Zhang>Liu and Li-yingying.After they join to team, China will be biggest favourite at WCH.

• I have a feeling chinese setters are having problems with Yang Fangxu and Li Yingying. Both are lefties so they have to be extra careful on setting it too far wide or too close from their comfort zone.

Yeah, it's obvious there is some setting issues. Imagine going back and forth from a righty OH(Zhu Ting) to a lefty OH(Li Yingying), same goes for a righty OP(Gong Xiangyu) to a lefty OP(Yang Fangxu). Not to mention when either or is hitting from the back row. Talk about confusion for the setters, which I'm sure Lang Ping understands. It's definitely going to take some time for the Chinese setters to get used each players type of set.

• Chinese setters nowadays are almost the same. Setting to Zhu or the equivalent of Zhu in their clubs when they are not passing well.

Ding Xia is special for a chinese setter though. She's aggressive and confident. She also attacks with her left hand which surprises opponents. I'm not sure about Yao Di, i think she's trying according to Lang Ping's plans but most of the time she's failing to become different from Ding Xia.

Her aggressiveness is what sets her apart from other Chinese setters. Yao Di in my opinion will not live up to Lang Ping's standards. She is not providing what Lang Ping wants, which is unfortunate considering that there aren't that many setters in the Chinese League that currently has potential.