2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Japanese roster for the 1st week:

• S: 10. Koyomi Tominaga, 22. Kanami Tashiro
    • OPP: 19. Mari Horikawa
    • OH: 2. Sarina Koga, 7. Yuki Ishii, 18. Saori Takahashi, 20. Arisa Inoue, 21 Ai Kurogo
    • MB: 3. Nana Iwasaka (C), 9. Haruyo Shimamura, 13. Mai Okumura, 24. Aika Akutagawa
    • Li: 15. Kotoe INOUE, 23. Akane Yamagishi, 27. Mana Toe

Source: 1

Hmmm ... No Risa, no Nabeya. Since this is a musical chairs tournament I don't mind a couple youngsters in there instead of them for this round, and Horikawa can be a beast if the stars are aligned. But three liberos?

The important thing is that Sarina Koga better not have cut her hair.

• FIVB is currently all about business. I'm not surprised, that they try to earn money this way, but this can indeed be a drawback in the mid-to-long run for them due to limited access. We will see, if and how this works out, but for sure it is still varying largely what you can view (legally) in one country from another.

• But three liberos?

Hey wait! Isn't that against the code:

players from 12 to 14 persons in each weekend from the entry member 21 people (☆) will participate.
      ☆ In the case of 14 people: Player 12 adults + libero 2 persons
       case of 13 people: Player 11 adults + libero 2 persons
       case of 12 people: Player 12 adults + libero 0 people
              or players 11 adults + libero one person
           or player 10 people + libero 2 people

• I`m OK with pay-per-view especially for the WCH...but this service should be available in every country...

and only $20??..This is cheap...I want it...This is a brilliant idea...Because even when a TV network is buy the rights they usually only shows the local team, even in the WCH....so they should make this service available worldwide and block the local team games only....

I`m a super fan ....I watch every game of every country... if I had a website where I could watch every game ...legally with good stream without having to worry about anything....OMG this would be a dream coming true... and I don`t care that I have to pay......PLEASE FIVB make this service available worldwide.

• and only $20??..This is cheap...I want it...

Totally, if it works. But I ultimately want downloads. I need downloads. I must have downloads.

• Quoted from "sitenoise"
    But three liberos?

Hey wait! Isn't that against the code:

I checked the source and it looks like Mana Toe is not invited for this round. So ... just two liberos

• I tried signing up and of course it said this service is not available in your country... then I turned VPN on with Argentina location and it is allowing me to do it....I`m just not sure if I would take the risk or not...but it only $20.... I`m still deciding if I will do it or not..

Totally, if it works. But I ultimately want downloads. I need downloads. I must have downloads.

• One would have thought that FIVB, with this super awesome great revolution in volleybal,l that they would have thought about how folks could see it. Maybe they are only thinking about butts in seats. Not couches.

• I tried signing up and of course it said this service is not available in your country... then I turned VPN on with Argentina location and it is allowing me to do it....I`m just not sure if I would take the risk or not...but it only $20.... I`m still deciding if I will do it or not..

Can you let us know if it worked pls!? Bcs I will do the same thing if it does.

• I will let u guys know if I do it... but I will try first watching it on the link mathias posted.... I tried watching German League games on there using VPN but sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not...and the imagine was not good quality and there were always some issues with the stream...
    But dont worry if I do sign up for the FIVB channel I will let u guys know.

Can you let us know if it worked pls!? Bcs I will do the same thing if it does.

• Argentina 14 players in Yekaterinburg, Russia

S:Helena Vidal, Clarisa Sagardía
    WS:Elina Rodríguez, Sol Piccolo, Antonela Fortuna, Camila Hiruela, Agostina Soria, Anahí Tosi
    MB:Julieta Lazcano, Victoria Michel Tosi, Victoria Zabala, Florencia Busquets
    L:Tatiana Rizzo, Morena Martínez

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Volleyball TV will show live action from all 260 men’s and women’s matches of the VNL, as well as 10-minute highlights from every game.

So if it's on at 3:00 in the morning for you and you miss the live stream: tough shit!

Way to grow the sport!

• By the way, thanks to everyone for the information about this and to those who have given links to possible alternatives. Otherwise I'd probably have tried to watch on YouTube and been confused when that didn't work.

It's cool that you can get it here in the UK, but I'm a student and I have to save money lol. Plus I already pay for TV and I don't see why I should have to pay extra just because there is no volleyball market in this stupid country.

• I'm the poster boy for a new volleyball fan who wants more and is willing to pay for it. And FIVB can't deliver.

• I don't like this idea because volleyball is not a common sport like football. We already pay more money for watching football and even without money there are no many people are willing to watch volleyball. I think volleyball will lose their audience if they plan to go through this way, even more volleyball fans are unwilling to pay per every game.

• This is probably the worst launch of a subscription service ever.

I mean if you want people to pay up... Atleast do it right by including the whole world and communicating what to do, where to register and sign up for the service. i can't believe they are literally announcing their plans to monetize volleyball a day before the tournament begins. :read:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• How funny....until last year when the tournament was available for free everyone kept saying this competition is absolutely worthless and nobody even cared to watch...

Now that is paid service....everyone is desperate because they can`t watch..... :rolll:

Ops...turned out that VNL (GP-WL) is more important than everyone imaged. And it is great for those users ( which we all know very well who they are)...that thinks VNL is worthless because they won`t need to spend their summer watching a worthless tournament, hopefully they will find some more productive to do instead of coming here and writing over and over how worthless VNL is... :dance6:

• How funny....until last year when the tournament was available for free everyone kept saying this competition is absolutely worthless and nobody even cared to watch...

Now that is paid service....everyone is desperate because they can`t watch..... :rolll:

Ops...turned out that VNL (GP-WL) is more important than everyone imaged. And it is great for those users ( which we all know very well who they are)...that thinks VNL is worthless because they won`t need to spend their summer watching a worthless tournament, hopefully they will find some more productive to do instead of coming here and writing over and over how worthless VNL is... :dance6:

You mean World Grand Champions Cup was worthless, I agree with that.

WGP/WL always had a weight on the world rankings, ofcourse that's something to consider.

Most people are just complaining with the prolonged tournament from the Grand Prix and the exclusion of Slovenia to the first division after winning the second division of World League.

I think you are mixing things up, fabio. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney