2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Usa keeps winning.i think they are currently the most stable team then comes Brazil from behind..Brazil has been doing well but they also can lose the sets like 25-10..25-13!! they should fix it before it is too late...however what matters is to win in the end and they win.

tomorrow we are going to watch these two most stable team's match...lets see who wins ! this match has also extra importance for both teams bcz they are/will be the toughest opponents to each other at the approaching WCH.this match will be kinda direct mesage to the other

• a 3-point win against Japan.i couldnt watch the match.i dont know what happened in the 3rd and 4th sets.losing 25-13 then winning 25-11 !!

Japan played defense in the 3rd. They didn't play defense in the 4th

• which players on both sides did you like watching the match ?

No one on Japan played well, but I liked watching Okumura because she is always so present every moment of every play.

The Turkish libero was a highlight for me, I'm usually focused on defense. The thing I liked about Turkey in this match was they played like a team, with good defense. There were a lot of pinball plays. I don't know them well enough to say who is who but the usual suspects of names I see here showed up pretty evenly split on highlight replays. That's a good sign. The girl with the blue highlighted hair and designer bandages on her legs looked pretty tough, and a name I don't see much here also impressed: Ismailoglu

• Usa keeps winning.i think they are currently the most stable team then comes Brazil from behind..Brazil has been doing well but they also can lose the sets like 25-10..25-13!! they should fix it before it is too late...however what matters is to win in the end and they win.

tomorrow we are going to watch these two most stable team's match...lets see who wins ! this match has also extra importance for both teams bcz they are/will be the toughest opponents to each other at the approaching WCH.this match will be kinda direct mesage to the other

To be completely honest I'm kinda scared for the USA.. not that they're doing anything wrong or bad, but so far I've watched most of their matches and they haven't been that convincing, although the results might suggest otherwise. I still don't know what the 'real' starting line up is in Karch's mind.. Bartsch has been their most reliable scorer, but she's unstable on reception.. Hill has been doing a good job, but against Russia she was shaky and I didn't like her game.. Gibby is by far the best blocker, Akinradewo has played only 2 matches, but she's the best attacker. Carli and Robinson are locked.. and I have no idea about the OPP postion.. I feel like USA is a complete team, and everybody gives their contribution.. My guess is Carli-Murphy, Larson-Hill(I would put Bartsch), Foluke-Gibby, Robinson

• I'm curious about USA's reception.After Kelsey moved to libero position, I wonder what they would do if they fail at reception.There is no player who has a good reception at bench.I think this will be a huge problem for Usa.

• No one on Japan played well, but I liked watching Okumura because she is always so present every moment of every play.

The Turkish libero was a highlight for me, I'm usually focused on defense. The thing I liked about Turkey in this match was they played like a team, with good defense. There were a lot of pinball plays. I don't know them well enough to say who is who but the usual suspects of names I see here showed up pretty evenly split on highlight replays. That's a good sign. The girl with the blue highlighted hair and designer bandages on her legs looked pretty tough, and a name I don't see much here also impressed: Ismailoglu

thanks..she is Meryem Boz the OPP..what about Kurogo ? she seems to have played in the stats

• To be completely honest I'm kinda scared for the USA.. not that they're doing anything wrong or bad, but so far I've watched most of their matches and they haven't been that convincing, although the results might suggest otherwise. I still don't know what the 'real' starting line up is in Karch's mind.. Bartsch has been their most reliable scorer, but she's unstable on reception.. Hill has been doing a good job, but against Russia she was shaky and I didn't like her game.. Gibby is by far the best blocker, Akinradewo has played only 2 matches, but she's the best attacker. Carli and Robinson are locked.. and I have no idea about the OPP postion.. I feel like USA is a complete team, and everybody gives their contribution.. My guess is Carli-Murphy, Larson-Hill(I would put Bartsch), Foluke-Gibby, Robinson

you could be right but what makes them stable is that they win the matches they are supposed to win.however i dont know what they will do against Brazil tomorrrow..both their OPPs look kinda shaky..Gibby will be useful for Eczacıbaşı

• what about Kurogo ? she seems to have played in the stats

I'm withholding judgement on Kurogo. I hope the best for her. She's definitely had a personal transformation--knocking Koga out of the lineup has got to be a confidence booster. I just don't see her doing anything that anybody couldn't do if you threw them the ball 60 times and would be satisfied with 20 points. Coach Nakada likes receivers. Kurogo is supposed to be a receiver but she's not doing it in this tournament. She's not very athletic--hardly gets off the ground in a back court attack--and don't get me started on floor defense. She's trying to emulate Saori Kimura's serve ... with mixed results. That could pay off over time, though.

• if there is a team in VNL for Argentina to beat,could be Belgium...im guesssing Belgium wins but Argentina has to show its best at least to have its first win in VNL

Hey! Belgium is a good team. Argentina belongs in the special olympics.

Damn, looks like ITL v SER and BRA v CHN aren't going to show up at sportdeutschland.tv on demand. I'm bummed I missed that Brazil game.

• Hey! Belgium is a good team. Argentina belongs in the special olympics.

Damn, looks like ITL v SER and BRA v CHN aren't going to show up at sportdeutschland.tv on demand. I'm bummed I missed that Brazil game.

i said Belgium wins...but i dont want Argentina to have zero win in VNL :(

you could find the replay of Chi vs BRA on youtube

• Some rookie mistakes on both sides but this GER v BEL match is shaping up as real fun

At times it was fun, but mostly the level of the match was horrendous. It looked much more like Silver European League than like VNL at times :whistle:

Apparently Germany has some injury problems at MB position, that's why Leonie Schwertmann joined the team for this week and had to play today. No further info yet, it's just from a statement of Lenka Dürr after the match.

• Turkey should win against: South Korea - Thailand - Germany -
    loose against: China - Netherlands ( but they could end up winning these 2 because CHN and NED if both teams send a B team to the final week). This should be a lock for them into the Final 6

Italy - should win against: D.Republic - Belgium - Thailand
    loose against : Brazil - Netherlands ( but they could beat Brazil once they play at home and I think they can upset the Dutch this week).

Russia should win against: Poland - D.Republic - Japan
    loose against: Brazil - China.

I think it comes down to Turkey and Italy. They both have 3 teams they can beat but 2 teams that they must pull a upset