2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• yes

It appears this Dutch stadium serve beer! :drink:

Ahaha that reminds me of 2015 European finals, I was in Rotterdam. One lady (out of excitement) jumped up and spilled all her beer on me :rolll: she apologized afterwards but I was furious lol day was ruined. I haven't visited any sports match since, even though the atmosphere in general was AMAzing and I'm sure the really lady did not mean any harm :D (or she did.. X( xd)

Not last, 2015 it was. Time flies

• Surprises me that Lippmann hits 95 k/hr when it looks like she doesn't swing very hard. She must have big hands or something. Imagine if she swung like Gabi :D

• Looks like the VNL format has been too much for the FIVB English commentators. They're taking a rest this week. No B team, though

The JPN v KOR match had someone who was merely a cheerleader. He kept saying throughout the match that Korea has always dominated Japan and thought it was weird that Japan was giving them a shellacking. Somebody must have alerted him to the fact that Japan has won 20 of their last 21 meetings. He changed his story at match's end.

• Looks like the VNL format has been too much for the FIVB English commentators. They're taking a rest this week. No B team, though

The JPN v KOR match had someone who was merely a cheerleader. He kept saying throughout the match that Korea has always dominated Japan and thought it was weird that Japan was giving them a shellacking. Somebody must have alerted him to the fact that Japan has won 20 of their last 21 meetings. He changed his story at match's end.

I'm guessing the only player who he know something about in this match-up was KYK, probably based all his knowledge about these teams on Kims success story :D I wonder why it is so hard to just find some folks that actually enjoy watching volleyball... The one in USA vs. Brazil sounded so amused he could jump off a cliff at that moment lol and it is USA vs BRAZIL the nr1 and 2 of the tour smh :rolll:

• Gabi's armswing doesn't have anything to do with power, it's simply awful technique. One day she'll dislocate her shoulder.

I was just teasing you with that because it made me lol when you said it looks like Gabi'll dislocate her back with her crazy swing. It is crazy.

Lippmann impresses with her technique.

• I wonder why it is so hard to just find some folks that actually enjoy watching volleyball...

I'm considering applying for the job next year! :teach:

• This NED v ITL match has been a ping pong game. The tie break should be fun

• What a mess! :aww: I can't take it anymore...It would be nice if Witkowska did something useful today. Polish "brilliant coach" exchanged Mucha for Murek for this week and she's just...:gone: Congrats!

• I'm always impressed when teams or individuals step up at crunch time. Something about this Italian team. I can't pinpoint what they're doing but I think it's going to give them this match

Maybe Chirichella's broad shoulders

• Italy should take this 10-5 they just need a good side out game..

• Witkowska is horrible. I dont know why she is in NT this summer while Krzos had great season...

• Witkowska is horrible. I dont know why she is in NT this summer while Krzos had great season...

Jacek.

• NED is choking. I expect a service error down the stretch

• Yea where is Buijs. Buijs>>>>>>Plak always

I can't think of many player worse at reception then Plak, and she is by far not as explosive as she should be to make up for it. Buijs howver :heart:

Good job Italy, definitely one of the teams of the future. Egonu is maybe not always as reliable, but when she is explosive and finds her rhythm no one can stop her or Italy, its very hard to do so at least.

Netherlands misses de Kruijf a lot and Buijs should be starter here...

• Congrats ITALY! This bodes well for you

• i watched the replay of Thailand vs Turkey of a very good quality which i just shared at VNL multimedia. it was a nice match ,specially second set

congrats. to Guidetti and his players. i liked Eda,Zehra,Meliha and especially Hande. i like Cansu Özbay's transition play. Maja Ognjenovic does it well too. Şeyma's passing is not good as i thought.

i liked Thailand's game too. They are a team playing "real" asian style of game. with Korea.. Neither China nor Japan plays that style of game..They forced with asian style play most of the time and it worked very well. i liked Thinkaow's game. She is Thai Eda Erdem :D

Thai team deserves more than its current position in the standings. They are a good team.

some part of what Guidetti said in her post-match speech about Thai team : "I think they’re the best team in the world when it comes to running side-out attacks. There is no other team in the world that can run side-outs after good reception better than Thailand. "