You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "volleyball22" is male

Favourite Team: Poland

Favourite Players: Tandara, Aleksandra Krzos, Katarzyna Skorupa, Łukasz Żygadło, Srecko Lisinac

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:06pm

Poland lead the rankings.
Smarzek - best scorer with 263 points.
Kąkolewska - best blocker and Smarzek second best blocker.
Pleśnierowicz - second best server.

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:17pm

And with Wolosz who is the best setter right now, comes back Poland would look like very good team.

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:19pm

Smarzek and Lipmann seems close players offensively however, Smarzek makes the difference to Lipmann at blocking deparment ..Lipmann should improve her block skill

Smarzek,Boşkoviç and Egonu should be some of the best blocking OPPs in the world
meso mi ra se beno...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:22pm

That was painful. It's good to have Argentina tomorrow, it's a chance to get some confidence back (or a danger to lose even more :whistle: )

I can understand Koslowskis reaction and will not comment this fourth set for good reason.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:24pm

Smarzek and Lipmann seems close players offensively however, Smarzek makes the difference to Lipmann at blocking deparment ..Lipmann should improve her block skill

Smarzek,Boşkoviç and Egonu should be some of the best blocking OPPs in the world

Lippmann knows this, she just told volleyball magazine a week or so ago, that she has to improve her blocking skills.

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:39pm

though i cant rely on fivb's stats an interesting info...Carli Lloyd is third best digger..seems better than many of the liberos ..could this be accurate ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:43pm

I didn't watch it live,but Plak made like a double touch on a free ball :gone: Poor Celeste :lol:

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:48pm

Goncharova is actually the best blocking OPP right now even moreso than Boskovic. But Smarzek is really good too for a newcomer.

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:56pm

Goncharova is actually the best blocking OPP right now even moreso than Boskovic. But Smarzek is really good too for a newcomer.

i forgot Goncharova...lets add her to the list too..couldd she really be the best ?...do you remember some stats/records from her at the major tournaments ?
meso mi ra se beno...

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 12:06am

I remember Goncharova got block out-ed a lot last Ech :whistle: she is a good blocker sure but to me personally not 'the best'. Boskovic at least is better for me, Paola as well. I like Smarzek but tbh I have not watched too many Polish matches, the ones I watch and according to the stats she seems also very good indeed.

harboboy

Professional

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 12:14am

Technically, no team is guaranteed the ticket to Nanjing yet, but USA, Brazil and Serbia should be fine. They can grab at least 11 wins. The remaining 2 berths will be from Turkey, Netherlands and Italy. Russia probably will end with 9 wins, so they're out. Turkey's opponents are Korea, China, Netherlands and Germany. Korea and Germany should be easy wins. Match against Netherlands will be critical, probably will be the decisive match! I assume China will send their B team to Germany, so they could beat them too. If they can grab 11 wins in the end, they should be fine.
Netherlands' opponents are Serbia, China, Germany and Turkey. They need to try to grab 3 wins, but it's going to be hard. Italy's opponents are Dominican Republic, Belgium, Thailand and Brazil. They need to win all 4 matches, then they'll have a chance to qualify, but their fate is basically in Turkey and Netherlands' hands.
I personally would prefer Turkey and Netherlands. If Italy really wanted to qualify, they shouldn't have sent their B team in the first 2 weeks. :cursing:

USA is guaranteed for sure. China is currently 6th with 20 points but as a host their score is not important as the 6th team also qualifies when China is under the top 5. So 7th is Italy. USA have 31 points and Italy has 18 even if USA loses the upcoming 4 matches and Italy wins the upcoming 4 matches their maximum points Italy could have is 30 so they could not get over USA

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 12:28am

Turkey has to handle the last match of the week safe and sound to keep its chance alive..Korea's main difference from Japan and Thailand is its better block.also KYK :D
meso mi ra se beno...

This post by "lie_detector" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 2:51am) has been deleted by user "Matthias" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:48pm)

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 2:58am

i forgot Goncharova...lets add her to the list too..couldd she really be the best ?...do you remember some stats/records from her at the major tournaments ?
Not pretty recent, but in WGP 2015 & 2016 she is included in Top 10 Blockers list including MBs (also tournament best scorer for both editions). Well if not the best, definitely among the Top 3.

This post by "lie_detector" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:03am) has been deleted by user "Matthias" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:48pm)

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:04am

Turkey has to handle the last match of the week safe and sound to keep its chance alive..Korea's main difference from Japan and Thailand is its better block.also KYK :D
I think Turkey can beat Korea, considering Turkey beat Japan, and Japan beat Korea :lol:

This post by "beri" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:07am) has been deleted by user "Matthias" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:48pm)

This post by "lie_detector" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:10am) has been deleted by user "Matthias" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:48pm)

This post by "lie_detector" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:21am) has been deleted by user "Matthias" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:48pm)

This post by "beri" (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:23am) has been deleted by the author himself (Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:28am)