2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• https://www.youtube.com/channe…33Grz_p6LlYaWyvvTg/videos

this channel uploads some of the matches.

nice. they're uploading 1080s, and the JPN v THA match is complete. The one I got from German TV started at 10-10

Edit - And the JPN v TUR includes English commentary! The German TV one didn't

• Oh what did she say? I always imagined her as a humble person and a good captain.

One thing that pisses me off in volleyball is, most light volleyball watchers judges players by only their attacking contribution. They do not understand or appreciate that some players, although they are spikers, are on court to mainly to receive, to defend and to balance the team, not to score with %50 efficiency in attacking.

I wonder if we should consider FIVB in that group of light volleyball watchers :lol: Their match recaps exclusively give props to the high scorer. If someone had 10 blocks they will mention that. Numbers numbers numbers. I get it, though. Can you imagine if FIVB let me write the match reviews. People like numbers :thumbdown:

• Koga is not playing. Ishikawa is not playing. I can only depend on Ishii and Yanagida. Oh Japan.Please don't do this to me again next time y'all playing.

I just whispered that Koga's not there because of my conspiracy theory that She and Yuki don't, let's say, compliment one another.

Who's Ishikawa and Yanagida? :what:

• Oh what did she say? I always imagined her as a humble person and a good captain.

One thing that pisses me off in volleyball is, most light volleyball watchers judges players by only their attacking contribution. They do not understand or appreciate that some players, although they are spikers, are on court to mainly to receive, to defend and to balance the team, not to score with %50 efficiency in attacking.

Indeed so far Maret attacked also with a high efficiency. NED has many offensive OHs but they don't have any single backup for Maret. Till they find one, be happy with the 'b.tch' :lol:

• In general, I hate Grothues, Schoot and Dijkema for their totally over the top celebrating of easy points on court

I had to google Grothues. I only knew her as Balkestein. Seems like a good on court captain to me.

"Over the top celebrating of easy points" is weird. Especially on something like when the other team just serves one into the net. Seems almost like taunting when they run around in circles and such. But in the end, expressions of joy don't bother me.

Happy people make me happy, unhappy people make me unhappy. So I'll take the celebrations over shots of a grumpy coach.

• Buijs did not play that bad this week..

I also watched the interviews and yesterday she (Balkestein-Grothues) was just happy with the fantastic win against Serbia. She and the interviewer were only making fun with eachother. Besides that, Balkestein is absolutely needed as an devensive OH in the team. IMO she is a good captain with a great passion for volleyball and always respectfully to anyone.

Dutch NT wouldn't be the same without Dijkema, Schoot and Balkestein. I am sure the energy they bring to volleybalcourt helps the team winning.

Btw, "I hate" for celebrating points..........................

• I just whispered that Koga's not there because of my conspiracy theory that She and Yuki don't, let's say, compliment one another.

Who's Ishikawa and Yanagida? :what:

the male counter-part of Koga and Ishii. but unlike these girls (according to you), they truly compliment each other. seems like both playing well with each other on court. and there are fans who ship these 2. :lol: :lol: :lol:

as a fan of Brazil, extra celebrating of a point is a common thing :lol: the days of Sheila, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Thaisa, Fe garay, and Jaque were the golden days. that is why Marianne Steinbrecher stood out to me because that btich couldn't be bothered :lol:

• This!!! For me this is the match of the tournament. Dutch girls and Turkish haven't played a single match yet since Guidetti left them, this will be ultimate drama material. Dutch girls I'm sure will show a ton of aggression and will do whatever it takes to win, Gio will want to bring his best team on court and the Turkish will fight a lot as well. I just hope they won't take it too far... But surely there will be many screams, power spikes, big blocks and drama in that match. Cant wait :dance6:

Theyg are a young team

• the male counter-part of Koga and Ishii. but unlike these girls (according to you), they truly compliment each other. seems like both playing well with each other on court. and there are fans who ship these 2. :lol: :lol: :lol:

as a fan of Brazil, extra celebrating of a point is a common thing :lol: the days of Sheila, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Thaisa, Fe garay, and Jaque were the golden days. that is why Marianne Steinbrecher stood out to me because that btich couldn't be bothered :lol:

it is evident in brazil og

• I think the only uncertainty is the Chinese team. If they let ZHU rest, then it will be much easier for NED to win. If they only send young players to compete, then even GER has the chance to win them. Anyway, the first match NED vs TUR is crucial for both teams.

As expected China will send a weak roster to Germany, possibly losing all three matches.

Coach: An Jiajie
    OH: Li Yingying, Duan Fang, Liu Yanhan, Zhang Yichan
    OP: Zeng Chunlei, Gong Xiangyu
    MB: Yuan Xinyue (Capitan), Hu Mingyuan, Wang Yuanyuan, Gao Yi
    S: Yao Di, Diao Linyu
    L: Wang Mengjie, Meng Zixuan

Lang Ping, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Ding Xia, Yang Fangxu, Yan Ni, and Lin Li will stay in China and rest.

• I regret very much, that we will not have the opportunity, to see the still young, but already legendary Zhu Ting live in Stuttgart.

On the other hand: don't overrate current German NT, even at home, they will face a lot of trouble with this Chinese roster still including Yuan Xinyue (we might consider ear protection because of her :) ), Gong Xiangyu or Li Yingying (rather interesting young player) and generally speaking not comfortable to play against the Asian top teams like China and Japan...

• Yuan Xinyue is very vocal, which I'm pretty sure gets in the head of the opponents while boosting her teams confidence. She has leadership and fits well as capitan for this week.

Li Yingying who has a shy personality is slowly starting to open up which is what their American trainer, Rett Larson said about her. Once she gets comfortable, I think she's going to be a different player than how she currently is performing. Despite their loss against Brazil, I thought she definitely stepped up her game since the previous weeks.

Can't forget about the return of Zeng Chunlei also.

• If someone has a link for NED vs SEB can you please share it. Thank you.