2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Larson is still an important player for the Usa at this older age of hers and Bartsch is offensively the best wing of theirs .someone here had said that Hill was a setter-dependant player.i think i could be agree with him/her

It's me. :teach:

• The Americans were probably still a bit winded from their exhausting trip, but I also don't think they expected this much resistance from this Serbian team. It was a rather nice surprise to see them play so freely and fearlessly, and it was a bit of a throwback to the days of 2006-07 and having a balanced hitter trio.
    Živković is still making life miserable for her MBs, but she finally managed to remember (for the most part :rolleyes: ) that Mihajlović is not on the court and gave some faster balls to Blagojević that she could work with. And what a performance by Milenković! She definitely caught the Americans by surprise, like Veljković did 11 (!!!) years ago at World Cup. Also, Pušić did a wonderful job. Honestly, I doubt Popović's defensive work would have been much better.

I must say I hadn't thought Bartsch would turn into such a good hitter. She's killing the ball like there's no tomorrow, but there was simply no one on her team to help her out.

• Surprise victory for Serbia. Milenkovic will get some more good playing time with Brankica out.

Great match between Netherlands and Turkey who will be great rivals in the future. They must feel satisfied beating their former coach.

Amazing comeback for the young Chinese roster from being down 2 sets. Gotta love Yuan and her supersonic screams.

Does anybody have links to replays?

• I'm glad Argentina got a win. :box: On home court for their fans!

• C'mon Germany. You can do it. It's a Chinese B team.

But it is a chinese team - and as usually ruining all German efforts at the end. It is now already nine (!) years, the last time a (than much better) German NT could defeat China.

Generally speaking: lousy attendance of the match, only 1.400 persons in hall (capacity 6.100!), but many Chinese fans, even without Zhu Ting, much more than Turkish fans (I tried to promote Turkey in this leg of VNL to two organisations, which have good connections to the very many people of Turkey here in Stuttgart, obviously in vain). At the end, with beginning of third set, Li Yingying was the key to defeat our hosts - while Xinyue Yuan was dominating at the net as expected and Gong as OPP contributing also many points. But a major issue is still, that German NT has lots of trouble with the way China plays, they could (over-)compensate this just for two sets.

• Argentina got its first win in VNL :woohoo: :drink: :thumbsup:
    i think Nizetich first time played for Argentinian team in VNL

Germany played without Lippmann..imagine Poland without Smarzek..its the same thing! Germany still played well just couldnt grab a win

• the best match in the schedule of today could be

Poland - Russia : i expect a good and tough match.

btw.. i just realized that Belgium team has good passers (the best duo according to the stats)..their current MBs are not good enough to benefit of this quality of the team . i wish they had a good setter option to Vyver..i think she seems better than before now but i still cant like her game..some other countries are really lucky to have a few good enough setters

• any replay USA vs. SRB available?

• I hope Poland can grab 6th win in a row.. The hall in Wałbrzych will be full

• Argentina got its first win in VNL :woohoo: :drink: :thumbsup:
    i think Nizetich first time played for Argentinian team in VNL

Germany played without Lippmann..imagine Poland without Smarzek..its the same thing! Germany still played well just couldnt grab a win

Yes, indeed, it was the Nizetich's first match in the the VNL. I really did not expect a 3-0 against the koreans, but yes a win.
    I think with Nizetich/Sosa/Acosta, Argentina could done better (or maybe win) matches against other low ranked teams. At least against Belgium or Dominican Republic (which is really a mess, poor level after so many years playing together :wall: ).

Anyway, according to the rules, Argentina will be relegated. It is almost impossible to beat Serbia or USA. There was almost a surprise in the last World Cup against the serbians, but it was thanks to the nerves of the europeans.