You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:07pm

Polish setter is so good.. sorry my ignorance, where is she playing? How old is she?
Marlena Plesnierowicz 26 years old. She has just signed with Chemik Police - Polish League Champion.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:08pm

Eda + Zehra might be the best mb duo Turkey has ever had. Did anyone see those craazy spikes by Zehra followed by a block. :white: all back to back

Edit:and another one :super:

Also lets remember Zehra is just 18

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:40pm

Smarzek is listed as 191cm, but she looks at least 194-195cm when she is beside Kakolewska :what:

Loyd

Intermediate

• "Loyd" is male

About me:

No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you’ve got a dream there’s no one out there that can stop you from achieving it

Favourite Team: PGE Atom Trefl Sopot, Fenerbahce, BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała,

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Berenika Tomsia, Kasia Skorupa, Kasia Skowrońska, Aleksandra Trojan, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, Alisha Glass

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:40pm

Eda + Zehra might be the best mb duo Turkey has ever had. Did anyone see those craazy spikes by Zehra followed by a block. :white: all back to back

Edit:and another one :super:

Also lets remember Zehra is just 18
Kubra is on her way to be a bench player in Vakifbank and NT. :wavy:

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:41pm

Poland is playing really well. The setter is using all options - quite unusual for them. Great serving and blocking. :super:

Wojtek13

Professional

• "Wojtek13" is male

Favourite Team: Chemik Police, Fenerbahce, Eczacibasi, Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, Ziraat Bankasi Ankara, Zenit Kazan

Favourite Players: Malwina Smarzek, Kasia Skowronska, Tijana Boskovic, Neslihan Demir, Tatiana Kosheleva, Natalia Goncharova, Y.K.Kim, Bartosz Kurek, Metin Toy, Wilfredo Leon

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:42pm

Smarzek is listed as 191cm, but she looks at least 194-195cm when she is beside Kakolewska :what:

From a long time I also wondering if she is not more than 191cm high...

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:47pm

Turkey is leading 2-0.. are there still any chances for Italy to qualify?

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:47pm

From a long time I also wondering if she is not more than 191cm high...
Voronkova is 190cm and from the looks of it Smarzek is a few inches taller than her so maybe you're right :win:

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:51pm

Yes but very small, Germany needs to win 3-2 and Turkey needs to get 0 points vs China as well. And Italy needs to win

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:53pm

oh my ****@#$$^%.... i can't keep track of all the russians... kotikova, kutyukova and there used to be a kutuzova (?), i think...

LOL. i just realized the libero kutyukova is the same former OH i thought was named kutuzova...

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:53pm

Yes but very small, Germany needs to win 3-2 and Turkey needs to get 0 points vs China as well. And Italy needs to win

It's too late now, we should have played better in the first weekend.. winning over Turkey and Poland back then would have the difference!

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:58pm

Early voting in my brain has Smarzek as VNL MVP even though Poland won't make the F6. Not just because of her numbers but because she said "Hi! We're Poland. We're here". Outstanding

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:00pm

smarzek also looks much slimmer than years ago... she lost some weight.

is this RUS coach the new karpol? he keeps screaming a lot...

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:01pm

Elena Pietrini is really new rising star in volleyball. Her stats when it comes to attack are already very good. You can't even compare Ebrar with her and they are the same age.

To bad that Italy will not play in Final6 because they have chance to win this not only to be their :whistle:

Leonardo.D

Intermediate

• "Leonardo.D" is male

Favourite Team: Argentina NT (men), Russia NT, Lube Banca Macerata, Zenit Kazan, Unilever, Rabita Baku,

Favourite Players: Facundo Conte, Luciano De Cecco,Sebastián Solé, Marcos Milinkovic Maxim Mikhaylov, Sergey Tetyukhin, Sokolova, Gamova, Sheilla Castro, Takeshita, Del Core,tRosir Calderon, Daymi Ramirez, Lo Bianco, Stacy Sykora

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:01pm

i did not watch DOM x JPN but it's not surprise that DOM has trouble with teams like JPN. they get very frustrated when they keep pounding the ball away and yet it keeps coming back. at the WCh 2014, when DOM finished in the final 6 (the highest result ever for them), they still lost to JPN 3-2 in the last match of pool play in the 2nd round. the result was meaningless because JPN was already eliminated and DOM already advanced to the finals, but i remember how sakoda keep flying from the backrow and pounding away, and DOM block and defense could never find her...

i think DOM really misses dela cruz, pri rivera and castillo, they really provided the glue that kept the team cohesive and together... certainly when they can't pass the ball, their whole system collapses.

De La Cruz and Castillo are certainly missed. Especially Castillo (where has she been playing?). But Rivera not all. Her prime has already passed long time ago. Have you watched her playing lately? She cannot even run for a ball. With all the due respect, she doesnt have the body of an high level athlete.

Those 3 players were in the last Grand Prix. Eventhough, DOM finished on the bottom :whistle:

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:05pm

Is it Ozbay that goes with those wild screams after every point?? Quite annoying!

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:05pm

I want to ask this again. Does anyone know? Do they have chartered flights with sleeping cabins?

When these 190 cm long women take a 20+ Hour flight from Omaha to Bangkok, or whatever, are they just flying Delta coach—with crying babies and what not?

This post by "beri" (Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:07pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:07pm)

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:08pm

poor lyubushkina, hustling and defending like crazy, all for naught...

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 10:08pm

Way to go Poland!